Author Topic: More Terrorism in Russia  (Read 2458 times)

Offline OneWordAnswer

• Copper Member
      • http://www.theanswerman.org/
More Terrorism in Russia
« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2004, 10:07:00 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Well, the 1990s were pretty quiet terrorism wise. A few incidents, but nothing major. Went pretty well if you ask me.

^^Uninformed.

Trends in Terrorism in the 1990's

In order to evaluate the threats posed by terrorism at the beginning of the 21st century it is necessary to sum up and analyze the main trends of the terrorism of the 1990s

Statistically, while the number of international terrorist attacks has decreased, the lethality of the attacks has increased dramatically. The suicide and car-bomb attacks are one of the main methods used to achieve this goal. The truck-bombs used in Nairobi and Dar-es-Salam against the American embassies are only the latest example. The radical Islamic groups have become during the 1990s the main perpetrators of international terrorism.

Terrorism as a tool in political or ethnic conflicts has spread to new areas, mainly to Russia and the ex-Soviet republics and the volume of internal terrorism has sharply increased in many Arab and Muslim countries (Algeria, Egypt, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, etc.)

The first real non-conventional terrorist event, the sarin gas used by the Aum Shinrikyo cult in March 1995 for the attack in the Tokyo subway, has broken the taboo in the use of Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD), and this is a very significant event and precedent in the history of modern terrorism.

The United States has been for the first time the theater of major terrorist attacks - The World Trade Center in New York and Oklahoma City bombings - and also the country where a major right-wing terrorist attack took place - in Oklahoma. In Europe there were only many minor incidents involving right-wing extremists.

The number of states sponsoring or supporting terrorism has indeed diminished, mainly as a result of the crumbling of the Communist Block and the firm stand of the American administration towards rogue states. However, Iran, Syria and lately Afghanistan continue to present a threat to their regional neighbors and the international community.

The radical left-wing terrorism of the 1970s and 1980s in South America and Europe has almost completely disappeared or has been eradicated.

http://www.simplytaty.com/broadenpages/terrorism.htm

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
More Terrorism in Russia
« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2004, 10:09:42 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
And its really interesting that you see a few random crusise missles to be a serious campaign to get bin laden..

And when exactly did I state this?

Like I said... think I'll just sit back and read my arguments. Please, keep 'em coming.
sand

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
More Terrorism in Russia
« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2004, 10:12:31 AM »
Looks like Sandygrun is really giving to Grunsandy. Exciting so far!

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
More Terrorism in Russia
« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2004, 10:25:18 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Looks like Sandygrun is really giving to Grunsandy. Exciting so far!

watch out, sandy said a similar thing and got sucked into the argument...that being said, toss me a err "soda";)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
More Terrorism in Russia
« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2004, 11:21:39 AM »
Spank him until his butt starts to glow his true colours!

(that would be red,white and black)
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
More Terrorism in Russia
« Reply #111 on: September 03, 2004, 12:11:57 PM »
Circumventing the language filter
« Last Edit: September 03, 2004, 02:05:55 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
More Terrorism in Russia
« Reply #112 on: September 03, 2004, 12:48:42 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Now that we got the emotions out of the way GS, please lets get back to the topic. :).

We ignored them plenty in the 1990s and look where that got us..

Whats your answer to that simple fact?

We blew up an aspirin factory, thats gotta count for SOMETHING!