Author Topic: Rooks Win Reset Despite ENY  (Read 8163 times)

Offline Hyrax81st

• Copper Member
Rooks Win Reset Despite ENY
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2004, 11:51:59 PM »
...but, you see...

the ENY limiter was supposed to make the sides balanced by limiting the plane set. Rooks reset anyway - with numbers. So something else must be coming which will be introduced to FORCE NUMBERS BALANCE...

(waiting for the other shoe to drop...).

Offline dracon

• Nickel Member
      • http://myweb.cableone.net/decon14/
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2004, 11:54:41 PM »
Bull!!!!

This Eny is a total joke!  It is ruining squad nights.  It is ruining squads.  Hitech flat out did wrong!

Ya know, it's not even so much the Eny thing as it is the fact that the Perky planes for the other countries get cheap.  Your idea of an even playing field is Spit 5's against 262's???

In the first place the numbers were only outta wack on Sundays.  Eny is a gross over reaction to a non-problem.  

Then some clown in another post wants to know where the Big Furballs went.  LOL

Resets are gone
JABO with a purpose is gone
Furballs are gone
Team Death Matches are gone.

This has become a FPS death match.  Quakebirds is here played by a bunch of Quakers.  When I came here from WarBirds this looked like a Sim.  It is anything but now.

Hey, I don't care.  Let's go with a rolling planeset.  Let's use the Eny but don't make the perked planes cheap for the other countries!!

Bah!!!

Dracon

Oh yeah flame away laddies, I could care less.  Another squad night where 4 pilots instead of 12 showed.  No missions run.  We logged

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2004, 11:56:51 PM »
Originally posted by Hyrax81st
(waiting for the other shoe to drop...).

You're going to have to take more than one night before you can draw any type of conclusion.  I would argue that, in general, the level of imbalance has decreased in AH2 after introduction of the plane limiter.  One night of imbalance hardly disproves its effectiveness, and if anything it suggests that HTC should impose even stricter plane limits in the future.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2004, 12:11:02 AM »
ok dracon ill bite your eny and furball thing.

ENY encourages smarter flying in older planes, therefore, you will accutally get better fights when numbers even out, because pilots flying the older planes get good and become monsters in the new versions.  Therefore you get a better fight and more "skill" in the arena.  Personally i like a good 1 on 1 vs. a "im going to kill myself in a furball" mindset.  makes flying much more fun imo.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2004, 12:11:40 AM »
While I think the whole ENY/balancer deal still needs work, I had to great time in the 51B and 190A-5 tonight. I almost felt sorry for the non-Rooks ... stuck in those La-7's, La-7's, La-7', eggs, and La-7's.

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2004, 12:33:27 AM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
once again,

you pay for arena acesses not to fly a certain plane.  please get used to the idea.

From Aces High Website..

Over 70 planes, vehicles and boats representing six countries.
Fully integrated air, land and sea battles.
Built-in voice support with AHVOICE.
Force feedback joystick support.
Player organized special events.

In the hanger I count 75.  So as soon as the ENY kicks in and disables 5 aircraft... the game is no longer what AH advertises.

I guess it COULD say ...  Over 70 Planes (depending on which country you fly for)

Offline dracon

• Nickel Member
      • http://myweb.cableone.net/decon14/
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2004, 12:38:11 AM »
B17Skull12, I couldn't agree more...your point is solid, yet the reverse is true more times then not.  The older lesser planes are "Cherry Picked" by the newer perked ones.  Regardles of the reset tonight, there were plenty of unhappy pilots.  The buffer was full of them.  These are the guys that PAY for this game.  Get them upset and you lose players and soon, the game.  Think it can't happen?  AW, EAW, WarBirds thought it couldn't happen and look now.  Specifically WarBirds thought their player base would never leave.  Now, 50 is a big night.

DoKGonZo, Cool!  Glad it was fun for you.  It's supposed to be.  It was.  it was when I joined Rook and we got pulverized constantly.  It was fun to watch Rookdom grow.  What's happened since the mis-begotten birth of Aces High 1 1/2 ain't fun or funny.

Gonna hang around some to see if : "This too shall pass"

CYAs,
Dracon

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2004, 12:40:30 AM »
This is hilarious.  Remember when Rooks would gloat and brag whenever some dumb schmuck would whine about their Sunday night numbers?  It's kind of bizarre to see many of them turned into whiney little posers despite the fact that they still enjoyed massive numbers advantages.  Karmic justice?

Suck it up already.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2004, 12:55:27 AM »
I'm sure HT will figure something else out - or tune this ENY thing. There have been plenty of really good suggestions and its pretty obvious that ENY was only a speedbump to The Horde.

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2004, 01:11:15 AM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
I'm sure HT will figure something else out - or tune this ENY thing. There have been plenty of really good suggestions and its pretty obvious that ENY was only a speedbump to The Horde.

True...obviously, the Rooks proved that the ENY-limiter truly doesn't work.  

I respect the company of HTC; I really do.  But, I hope that Hitech has paid-off his airplane already because he's done a good job at pissing off a lot of long-time (repeat: long-time) combat simmers with this ENY-limiter garbage.  And, when the game isn't fun to play anymore, people DO walk;  the core community crumbles & the company dies (it has happened many times before).  

Who knows how many programmers are out there right now coding the next big sim.  HT is just pushing his customer base to look & pray for that new game...somewhere else.  :(

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2004, 01:23:19 AM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
despite the fact that they still enjoyed massive numbers advantages.  Karmic justice?

-- Todd/Leviathn

That's about the only thing we "enjoyed" - for the lack of a better word - tonight, unfortunately.  :rolleyes:

Offline GuyNoir

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2004, 01:23:37 AM »
True...obviously, the Rooks proved that the ENY-limiter truly doesn't work.

I respect the company of HTC; I really do. But, I hope that Hitech has paid-off his airplane already because he's done a good job at pissing off a lot of long-time (repeat: long-time) combat simmers with this ENY-limiter garbage. And, when the game isn't fun to play anymore, people DO walk; the core community crumbles & the company dies (it has happened many times before).

Who knows how many programmers are out there right now coding the next big sim. HT is just pushing his customer base to look & pray for that new game...somewhere else.  

Why is it the end of the world when HT limits a few planes out of the 75 available, but it's no problem when one side has the numbers to completely crush another?

It's not like the limiter unfairly picks on one side.... it only does anything when one side is being friggin unfair to the other two sides (by having too many numbers).  

Again, if you want to fly a particular plane, just switch sides.  If not, there're close to 75 other planes with your name on em.  

(my "you"s are collective, not just to TBolt A-10)

Offline dragoon

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2004, 01:28:15 AM »
Originally posted by meddog
Stop your whinning. HT made alot of changes to the game to appease all the furballers and I didn't complain. I didn't like it but I didn't complain.  Now they're trying to even the playing field by countering not just a minor imbalance but a great big worm hole of one and yet you complain because you can't fly with your 50:1 odds with your favorite perk planes.  But I guess your just like all the other selfish, self centered, it's all about me individuals who only care about them selves and not anyone elses game play or how you could careless if some one else quits because he's tired of being ganged raped 24/7 just as long as your game play isn't changed.  And what do I hear from your side? "Get over it", "change sides" or "don't let the door hit you on the way out". so i guess its CYA

you dont represent "everyone else" only "yourself" and a few others:lol

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2004, 01:30:48 AM »
Originally posted by GuyNoir
Again, if you want to fly a particular plane, just switch sides.  If not, there're close to 75 other planes with your name on em.  

(my "you"s are collective, not just to TBolt A-10)

GuyNoir!  :)

Let me explain one thing that a lot of people (including HT) seem to keep missing...a lot of these players have been flying for a team...with friends...for years -- YEARS.  We don't just pick up our bags and "switch sides."  End of story.  There is no further discussion about it.  

So, please, quit suggesting that we "switch sides."  That just isn't how things work whether you like it or not.  :lol

Offline dragoon

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2004, 01:35:54 AM »
Originally posted by meddog
i thought I did. I said you were selfish , self centered and all about me.  I'll agree with what was said above.  If you don't like the plane set change sides.

change sides and run smack into the same thing  :lol