Author Topic: Rooks Win Reset Despite ENY  (Read 8162 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Rooks Win Reset Despite ENY
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2004, 01:41:40 AM »
Originally posted by TBolt A-10

Let me explain one thing that a lot of people (including HT) seem to keep missing...a lot of these players have been flying for a team...with friends...for years -- YEARS.  We don't just pick up our bags and "switch sides."  End of story.  There is no further discussion about it.  

Yeah .... HT knows nothing about having flown with friends for years. :rolleyes:

But guess what .... you're being prejudiced ....prejudiced .... over the silliest ..... silliest  .... thing.

1: There's good people .... good players ... wonderful guys ... on every side. If you'd switch for a night you might just discover that. Take your bloody squad with ya. Switch. Meet new people. Mingle. And fly your Lala. Or .... maybe you and your squad will help some of your old friends be able to fly the Lala in the old neighborhood. La la la.

2: You're in a rut .... a rut .... get out of the rut .....

Meet new friends. Kill old friends. If they're really your friends they won't mind. It's not like it has to be permanent anyhow. It's not like once you go over to another side you're never allowed to go back.

Just ... click the ruby slippers three times (after the 12 hours are up) .... and you're there, Dorothy. :D

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2004, 01:42:45 AM »
Tonight (Sunday), I logged on just as the map was changing after the reset.

Since the Rooks were taking up right where they left off (beating up the Bish), I figured I'd take a P-38 and try to beat the crowd to A62. But alas, the ENY cut-off eliminated the P-38. Oh well, no big deal, a P-51B will do just fine. Next sortie, I took up an La-5FN (which is no slouch) for a defensive sortie. My next flight was in one of my favorites, the F4F-4. I later manned a field ack and shore battery. So, generally speaking, I spent my 90 minutes largely doing what I would normally be doing, and flying what I would be flying even if the ENY limiter wasn't in place.

I have 15,000+ perks I never use. In fact, I rarely fly anything with an ENY below 15. It's far more challenging and thereby entertaining to fly the lesser aircraft. However, let me clarify that the P-51B and La-5FN are not lesser aircraft. Indeed, the P-51B may be the best middle-altitude fighter in the game. Likewise, the La-5FN is about 95% of the La-7, being a bit slower and having only two cannon. But, it's still a monster on the deck. The La-5FN seems to hide its E well, often surprising people who figured they were safe.

There are other really good fighters that are not generally effected by the ENY limits. F6F-5, 109G-10, 109G-2, Fw 190A-5, Typhoon and Yak-9U being some of them. For Jabo work, the P-47D-40 is without peer. No B-17s? What's wrong with the B-26? Adequate bomb load, faster and seemingly just as durable. I heard some cranking about the Spitfires not being available. Try the Seafire, which gives up little if anything to the Spitfire V. Then there are the Wildcats, flying tanks with first-rate maneuverability.

I can understand that it's frustrating not to have your favorite ride available. Nonetheless, there's satisfaction in beating the late-war fighters in older, less capable fighters. I guess it all boils down to what one considers fun. Hell, I think it's fun to fly an SBD to 20k and bounce enemy raids (although I haven't done that recently). ;) But, if you are unhappy about the ENY side balancing scheme, call or write to HTC and voice your objection. You pay your money, so you can have an opinion.

As for me, I find it acceptable, if not an ideal solution.

My regards,

Widewing
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 01:54:40 AM by Widewing »
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2004, 01:43:02 AM »
Gettin' better by the day:eek:

Offline GuyNoir

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2004, 01:45:50 AM »
I have nothing against you, TBolt A-10, I swear :)

Yeah, I know it's not a good fix to leave your friends and mates to go to another side.  

As a knight, I have seen a lot of new faces coming in from other teams though (like the AK's).  I dunno how long they'll be around, but it seems like people are starting to loosen up about country loyalty and are starting to help the numbers balance.

Who knows, maybe you'll make more friends by flying with a new country every now and then.  ;)

(Uh oh, looks like others said what I've said while I've been typing this)

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2004, 01:54:13 AM »
Originally posted by Widewing
Tonight (Sunday), I logged on just as the map was changing after the reset.

There are other really good fighters that are not generally effected by the ENY limits. F6F-5, 109G-10, 109G-2, Fw 190A-5, Typhoon and Yak-9U being some of them. For Jabo work, the P-47D-40 is without peer. No B-17s? What's wrong wih the B-26?

Wide,
As you stated, you logged on VERY late in the game & basically missed all the action.  But, had you been present (or, at least read my first post), you would've known that the B-26 was ALSO grounded in Rookland.  

I wish we had a list of all the grounded aircraft.  It was a loooooooong list.  :lol  And, people were pissed about it.  :mad:

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2004, 01:54:40 AM »
the seafair and the b 26 have been getting cut off too Wide .

You know i fly the seafair alot .  the other night we had about 75% of the planes cut off and the numbers were like 39,70,100.
eny cut off was at 37 .  I spent alot of time in the d-11 which doesnt bother me at all on the mindano map .  but it didnt leave much choice . (i think were gonna have to balance the squads again or perhaps add anouther country or 2  or something )
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2004, 02:02:53 AM »

don't pay for $15 a month.  note how you aren't able to get in the arena.  OMFG I CAN'T GET IN THE ARENA!!!!1.  now if you could get in a chat different story.  as for the 70 planes.  you're 70 planes different country.  that still makes 70 planes.

As for those of you who say, but wait i have online friends that i love to fly with.  for all you know your online friend could be a child molester.  the only reason i meet a few people at an airshow once is because i know they are all good people.

Mr. Funked was a very reasonable person when it came to the CA minicon.  i know airhead is an old fart, who loves air planes.

as for those of you who meet people at cons, thats great, but not everyone can be trusted.

just imo on why people shouldn't change countries because they have "online" friends.

Mr. Dracon, those pilots instead flying around in the ubber monsters that you can go all day and not have a worry in the world, are being forced to learn to fly a different early plane.  after a few weeks of adjusting to a new plane from early war, i think there skill drasticly increase over time.  in the long run you will get extremely good pilots teaching the newer ones on how to fly your late war uber monster to its best.  the ma would become more fun.  you will see less "im suciding yaaaaaaaaa!" fights where the so called furballers kill everyone.  and more 1 on 1 fights and much more and maybe more trash over 1.  It will encourage old more expirence players to teach newbie's how to deal with the extremely good late war or early war planes you will see.

i would truly look forward to that day.  They will be cherried, but yet at the same time learning defensive ACM.

btw flame away because i know i am.:o
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 02:18:47 AM by B17Skull12 »
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2004, 02:03:59 AM »
Originally posted by Arlo
But guess what .... you're being prejudiced ....prejudiced .... over the silliest ..... silliest  .... thing.

1: There's good people .... good players ... wonderful guys ... on every side. If you'd switch for a night you might just discover that. Take your bloody squad with ya. Switch. Meet new people. Mingle. And fly your Lala. Or .... maybe you and your squad will help some of your old friends be able to fly the Lala in the old neighborhood. La la la.

2: You're in a rut .... a rut .... get out of the rut .....

Meet new friends. Kill old friends. If they're really your friends they won't mind. It's not like it has to be permanent anyhow. It's not like once you go over to another side you're never allowed to go back.

Just ... click the ruby slippers three times (after the 12 hours are up) .... and you're there, Dorothy. :D

:rofl  

Arlo & GuyNoir,

1) First off, I'm not prejudiced.  I respect you guys, the Nits & the Bish.  In fact, throughout this holiday weekend, Arlo & I have gone back and forth in a couple threads, and I've grown to enjoy his presence.  

2) I (or, even the Rooks for that matter), am not stuck in a rut.  In fact, I believe that it's safe to say that we are happy to be exactly where we are.  

I come to the BBS to "make new friends."

Cheers,

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2004, 02:11:55 AM »
ENY should probably never get above 30 for the obvious customer relations reasons. Assuming that this stuff stays in place, of course.

If you think HT is making uber-bucks from this, you probably never worked at a game company.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2004, 02:14:18 AM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo
the seafair and the b 26 have been getting cut off too Wide .

You know i fly the seafair alot .  the other night we had about 75% of the planes cut off and the numbers were like 39,70,100.
eny cut off was at 37 .  I spent alot of time in the d-11 which doesnt bother me at all on the mindano map .  but it didnt leave much choice . (i think were gonna have to balance the squads again or perhaps add anouther country or 2  or something )

Well, an ENY cut-off of 37 is a bit high. Clearly, there should be a max value, not be exceeded. Perhaps 20 or 25 would be high enough.

So, if it is very early in the morning and 12 Bish, 4 Rooks and 3 Knits are flying... Yeah, there needs to be a maximum in place or the plane set dwindles to almost nothing.

However, even a cut-off of 37 wouldn't limit me much. The Wildcats are still available, so are the 109F-4, 109G-2, 109G-6, C.205, F4U-1, Ki-61, Mossy, P-40s and the D-11 Jug. Not much of a selection, but I fly all of these anyway, regardless of player numbers or ENY limits.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2004, 02:17:28 AM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
ENY should probably never get above 30 for the obvious customer relations reasons. Assuming that this stuff stays in place, of course.

If you think HT is making uber-bucks from this, you probably never worked at a game company.

Which is a shame IMO,  because they could !!

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2004, 02:27:33 AM »
im with widewing i to almost allways fly the odd craft

i think a cut off point should be 40 eny still alot of good planes with 40
known as Arctic in the main

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2004, 02:36:04 AM »
Stayed outta these threads for a while...but -

Leviathan is right - since the ENV thing was introduced the numbers have been fairly even. To say its not working because of one night is ridiculous.

Not going into the change sides etc, all been said already.

B17Skull12 is also right - Your money pays for access to the arena, NOT to guarentee you can fly a particular plane. If anyone can find in the EULA that it says different.

Only thing different tonight - Our few Bish squads who normally go around porking decided to just have a fun night for a change. Or you wouldnt have had any troops within 50-75 miles of the front line. Plus the new reset criteria helped the reset come earlier than usual.

Widewing - I believe HT is going to set a minimum number of players at which the ENV kicks in. This will prevent the early morning low player number ENV limitation.

Said since the beginning, the ENV thing will take a while to balance things out, it's not a short term fix.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 02:41:09 AM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2004, 02:45:41 AM »
20-25eny cut off wouldnt be so bad if we got our perk rides left on also .

or perhaps instead of a disablement of our fav rides a perk value comes into play for the planes under say 30 eny value .

say its a 30 eny value and the country has too many players and it will inpose a perk cost of 30 to fly .. just a thought .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2004, 02:50:42 AM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
Leviathan is right - since the ENV thing was introduced the numbers have been fairly even. To say its not working because of one night is ridiculous.

The ENY limiter might *might* be working (somewhat) to help even the numbers (I haven't seen real proof that it's indeed helping).  But, at what cost?  A lot of ticked off customers, etc, etc.  

If anything, I'd say the benefits of ENY-limiter are outweighed by the negatives in its current form.