Author Topic: For the "Gotta have my P51D" whiners  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
For the "Gotta have my P51D" whiners
« on: September 11, 2004, 01:51:01 PM »
read the fine print on the nose :)

Dan/Slack
« Last Edit: September 11, 2004, 01:53:46 PM by Guppy35 »
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2004, 01:59:03 PM »
heh, it'd be more pointed if it were on a p-51b.

:D
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2004, 02:02:40 PM »
Figured since I had it on an actual combat P51D, it would have to do :)

Dan/Slack
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Paul33

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2004, 02:45:44 PM »
It'd be even funnier if it was on a La7 :lol

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2004, 02:46:48 PM »
We need this skin ingame.  NOW :)
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2004, 02:47:40 PM »
actually, i see very few if any la7 drivers *****in' about the eny-limiter. i'm not.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2004, 02:55:58 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
actually, i see very few if any la7 drivers *****in' about the eny-limiter. i'm not.

You missed the beginning of this war, then. :D

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2004, 03:05:53 PM »
Originally posted by Octavius
We need this skin ingame.  NOW :)

Here ya go Octavius.

457th FS, 506th FG P51D based on Iwo, Summer of 45 flying the VLF missions to Japan.  First photo I posted was taken on Tinian before they got into combat.  Lower image was taken at a later time while on Iwo after they went into combat.  On Tinian they had the striped tails but painted them solid green for squadron ID just before moving to Iwo Jima.

Dan/Slack

« Last Edit: September 11, 2004, 03:13:15 PM by Guppy35 »
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2004, 04:22:16 PM »
Rather amusing post considering the plane inwhich this nose art is on.  Wonder why he had the balls in the first place to put "KWITCHER*****IN" on his bird.  

Maybe because he was flying the D model Mustang and not forced to fly some other inferior bird in a theatre with almost every bird available in WWII?

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2004, 04:30:15 PM »
The P-51 is truly a beautiful plane. Form follows function in every part.

Anyways ... the Lala dweebs still got the La-5FN when the -7 is unavailable. Almost as über and still catches a Pony on the deck.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2004, 04:33:27 PM »
Originally posted by Cobra412
Rather amusing post considering the plane inwhich this nose art is on.  Wonder why he had the balls in the first place to put "KWITCHER*****IN" on his bird.  

Maybe because he was flying the D model Mustang and not forced to fly some other inferior bird in a theatre with almost every bird available in WWII?

Neh ... he switched from rooks to fly it. :aok

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2004, 04:34:45 PM »

LOL the 457th learned their trade on B models before finally getting D models in mid 45.

And any pilot who flew those VLR missions to Japan from Iwo "had the balls".  Those were longer flights then the raids from England to Germany and mostly over water in a single engined fighter with fairly primitive navigation aides.

That guy can put any thing he wants on his P51 :)

And keep in mind there were guys flying inferior birds even in 45.  There were Hurri IIs still hard at it in Italy and the Pacific.  P39s were still out there, P40s still in action, etc etc.

Its not like it reached a point anytime during WW2 where everyone was flying the latest and greatest.

Dan/Slack
« Last Edit: September 11, 2004, 04:38:43 PM by Guppy35 »
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2004, 04:41:10 PM »
(Maybe because he was flying the D model Mustang and not forced to fly some other inferior bird in a theatre with almost every bird available in WWII?)

Cobra,

Maybe he was fighting for his life, for real, in real war and needed that Mustang to do his job and get home in one piece.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2004, 04:51:08 PM »
Again Guppy considering your trying to flame Mustang drivers your lastest post is a bit off.  Why state anything about learning their trade in Bs?  Seems to me by your post he was flying these "extreme" combat missions in a D.

457th FS, 506th FG P51D based on Iwo, Summer of 45 flying the VLF missions to Japan.  First photo I posted was taken on Tinian before they got into combat. Lower image was taken at a later time while on Iwo after they went into combat. On Tinian they had the striped tails but painted them solid green for squadron ID just before moving to Iwo Jima.

Also what exactly is your point by showing a D Mustang with this name on it?  It's obvious this pilot by your first photo he hadn't done watermelon prior to getting to IWO and flying a D.  Or was your first photo right after the paint job and prior to his crew chief painting any kill markings?  

Maybe next time you'll find a cute photo of a crew that has actually done something in an inferior aircraft with a similiar statement on the side.  Oh but don't forget this bird has to have flown against every bird imaginable in WWII.  They also have to have had the very likely chance of running into any of these birds on every mission they flew on a daily basis.  

It's just simply amusing to post a photo like this trying to flame Mustang drivers.  Considering one the pilot hadn't done watermelon until he flew D models, two he had his funny logo prior to ever doing chit, three he never had the chance of seeing every WWII bird on one mission and well three he was flying D Mustang himself.  So basically your flame on Mustang drivers is amusing to say the least.  No point and the ironic that the man with this saying flew that bird himself.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2004, 04:54:29 PM by Cobra412 »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2004, 04:53:31 PM »
Again Guppy hisssssss spit hissssssss spit

Oh my ... we are in a bad mood now, aren't we? :D