Author Topic: whats the best P47?  (Read 4468 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: whats the best P47?
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2010, 10:14:49 AM »
The D25 is about the worst of the Jugs IMO but It's so close to the D40 to almost be moot.  The D11 is faster, the D40 climbs a little bit better, and the M eats them all for breakfast.
You forget: D-25 has the coolest paint jobs :aok I find N most fun to fly, though M is superior in nearly all respects
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2010, 02:47:52 AM »
I was in Training Arena doing some F4U practice the other night and ran across Lepape in his P47d11.
He is one of the best 47 pilots I've fought in AHII, and he really knows how to handle that 47.

I tried to follow him into the weeds, and I must say I had to use all the tricks in the f4u bag to stay behind him. Not really getting any good gun solutions on him at all.. He was just in a nearly constant stall speed while scissoring underneath my nose, and I had to make lag turns to just stay behind him. When that slow into the weeds that is a pretty dangerous move in the f4u, because the hogspin into the ground is gonna get you if you don't keep your head cool and watch your speed.

I almost had my guns at him a few times and possibly landed a few pings too, but he just seemed to flip around and disappear nose down and under me and would have been on my 6 before I knew it if I was not climbing up and flipping my nose straight down at his 6 again.
But the f4u gets really laggy when this slow, and I had to really consentrate my moves on not just going straight down into the ground when nose down while the jug was allready in his next scissor move.

Really fun to fight like this, and it was great practice for me to try to keep the f4u locked onto his 6.
I have to say some of the moves that 47 pulled infront of me I would not have believed was possible if I did not see them with my own eyes.   :uhoh  :noid

But I've fought Lepape in his d11 before and knew very well what he's capable of, and that he can give you a fight you'll remember.
I'm just a noob pilot compared to the oldtimers in here, but I think I know a good pilot when I see one!

So if you need help with handling the P47 I think its well worth to ask Lepape for a tip or two..

:salute Lepape
TheStig

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2010, 05:21:38 AM »
You forget: D-25 has the coolest paint jobs :aok I find N most fun to fly, though M is superior in nearly all respects
And that's why the 25 is my favorite. If i'm going to die, I might as well look good doing it.  :lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2010, 06:21:52 AM »
I figured the M had the best performance of them all, but most if not all the jug threads have little to no info on how to fly them or a comparison vs the other jugs.

Has a speed/ climb chart been created on the M yet?

Cgar, you pull up an old 2004 thread and ask why there isn't any info on the M?  M's only been in game about a year.  When this thread originally started, we didn't even have the N model.  Try searching for something a bit more recent, as there seems to be a general Jug thread about every year where folks are talking about comparisons.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline CGAR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2010, 09:37:54 AM »
I didn't pull this thread up just looking for M info.  I was just reading info on P47's and after other searches I noticed there was not alot of info on the M and just asked a question?  :headscratch:

Plus after being here for a while, (not really posting here) I notice peole catch alot of flak for not using the search button, so here it is.  :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 09:41:51 AM by CGAR »