Author Topic: Any News What So Ever From Htc Would Be Nice  (Read 2120 times)

Offline KurtVW

• Copper Member
Any News What So Ever From Htc Would Be Nice
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2004, 07:56:33 PM »
Originally posted by august

"i wouldnt want to be a part of any club that would have me as a member"  - woody allen.

WRONG: Groucho Marx.  Get your quotes straight.  How dare you give credit to that child molesting no-talent idiot... Woody Allen... BAH.

Offline KurtVW

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2004, 08:05:13 PM »

"stay gold ponyboy" - ralph maccio

Come on August??!!?!  Are you even trying?  Ralph Maccio?  He certainly didn't pen that line, he read it off of a script!

The Character he was playing was Johnny Cade.  Either Johnny or S.E. Hinton should get the quote credit (hinton being the author)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 08:07:14 PM by KurtVW »

Offline august

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.augustbach.com
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2004, 08:19:03 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Augest: You are way out of bounds with the content of your post.

i stand by what i say hi tech, again, all respect intended.

it is not personal.  certainly you have the best of intentions and i would never mean to give the impression otherwise...but i do have reason for pause.

i may be out of line in my interpretation of events, but to make such a statement as to the validity or bound of my voice is unwarranted.  especially without specifics as to why or how.

numberous posts from others have gotten me thinking about the things that i might not have seen or understood, several of them thoughful and mind changing.  i appreciate them because they have shown me, for instance, that my understanding of the developement of this game was flawed.  i stand corrected.

yet, in many ways the game itself, as it stands... IS flawed and most certainly hasnt been the greatest success in regards to transition.  

this is not an indictment, rather an observation, one that many of us have made to each other on the long flights to and fro.  one that many of us ourselves have had to walk through.

so, while there have been some things, that may not have come out like i meant them too, or were themselves taken out of context.  i stand by the content of my words and i urge you to hear them without malice.

my content is specific with my
feelings with the exception of one final addition.  

have you been listening sir?

this is a game.  YOUR game.  and OUR game of choice and for the most part, since the release of AH2 you have had more dissention, more flames, more
general anger than i have seen in anything in a long time.  

you can point that finger in any direction that you want really, but the fact is that it comes down to the buck.  it stops with you.

seeing you here, communicating with you is a rarity.  ive only seen it once.  we have never spoken.

those who are seasoned vets tell me of you being in here all the time, accessible and a part of the system.  they also tell me that you arent doing what you can, when you can.

i think its high time someone was "here".

and that i didnt have to be a "member" or a seasoned vet to be in the know.

you may feel free to cancel my subsription to your game at your whim, or edit my posts if that is your method, but to do so, i hope, you will have read this.  for that is really all that matters.

no sir.  it was not.

and that too is relative.

respectfully yours,

august bach
santa rosa beach florida.

Offline august

• Zinc Member
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2004, 08:20:54 PM »
Originally posted by KurtVW
Come on August??!!?!  Are you even trying?  Ralph Maccio?  He certainly didn't pen that line, he read it off of a script!

The Character he was playing was Johnny Cade.  Either Johnny or S.E. Hinton should get the quote credit (hinton being the author)

lol.  i know.  the outsiders...i was trying to set up the visual.

roflmao

"natures first green is gold, the hardest hue to hold."

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2004, 08:23:45 PM »
Originally posted by flyingaround
Uhhh..... wow.   I mean it WOW!   Sitting here thinkin' of ALL the stuff I should/could say, but am finding myself speechless.

It really makes it obvious why HT et. all don't talk as much about what they are working on.  Jerks and "don't have a clue" dweebs like this.  August, you sir (kid?) have no clue.  (insert random WHAT A JackA** flame here)

<> HT!!  As one who has been 'round for pushin' 10 yrs all I have to say is you never fail to amaze me with the product you are able to produce.  Don't let they crybabies and rude kids get you down (I know that gota be difficult) and keep doing the vodoo that you do so well.

I was the same , truly dumbfounded when I read both his posts.

My favourite is the "gazillion promises" that have been made to him in the 2 months he's been here, which have  been broken.
I come from a land downunder

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2004, 08:34:16 PM »
OK....so at what point does this become more fun than is legal in 15 States not including the republic of kalifornia????

You guys are having wayy too much fun.....:)
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline august

• Zinc Member
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2004, 08:35:50 PM »
yep.  it was groucho.

i stand corrected.  

wtg august.  (moron) lol

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2004, 08:50:37 PM »
blimey guvnor!

if you dont like the game how HT gives it to you, then find another game.

customer input is always accepted by HT, but can you imagine how much work he would take on if he had to 'coad' for every little whine and crybaby request we posted?

just fly and kill and die, then repeat, it works for me.

batfink
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2004, 08:54:27 PM »
Ehh, conversion was difficult....., compared to what?

Seemed to go pretty smooth to me, no one even talks about it hardly anymore, it's been a couple of months? I symapathize with the people whose systems couldn't make the jump, but that is the nature of the technology in general to keep improving rapidly, not the game's fault.

All this discussion of ENY will pass too. Maybe a few people "just can't take it anymore" but I've been in the training arena a few times over the past few weeks and have seen many new faces in there almost every night. If you wanted to use the bbs as a loose sample, I think more are for it than are against it.  I certainly haven't noticed any appreciable changes in the MA attendance when I've been logged on.

It's funny all the pontificating that goes on about how the game's failing, yada, yada, yada, did it all wrong, yada,yada, yada but NOBODY, except for HT,  really has the facts to back any of it up. Instead of all the whining and moaning, why don't ya just deal with it for a couple of months, if you're right, I'm sure HT will set things back the way they were.  Think of all the back slapping and chest pounding that could go on then. Talk about a yada-yada festival.

Offline august

• Zinc Member
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2004, 08:57:36 PM »
good point.

then again...

yall werent gonna say it.  but yall have been.

im done.  feel free to flame.  

august

p.s.  - see hitech.  they love you.  come home.

Offline KurtVW

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2004, 09:03:25 PM »
yep.  it was groucho.

i stand corrected.

Of course I was right... I wouldn't have popped off about it if I was afraid of being made an bellybutton of.

Offline august

• Zinc Member
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2004, 09:32:29 PM »
i stand by my words.  

period.

save the misquote.

enough tulips around here to run the world on methane.

and, i do respect your allegiance.  even if you arent so much that way elsewhere.  

you know who you are.

august

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2004, 11:00:59 PM »
August,

The game is fine.  The progress on improvements is normal for this type of online game.  No need to panic.  

BTW, the tone of your posts is a bit strange.  
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 11:09:01 PM by TDeacon »

Offline august

• Zinc Member
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2004, 11:59:23 PM »
""

too late.  saw it.  

; )

escoo.

we are entitled to our opinions.

i didnt take it personally.  thought it was funny actually.

i am not.  was not.  (under influence)

was being dicky perhaps, not on purpose, but the just of my feeling is the same and has been for a while now.

i just feel that hitech creations can do more.  better.  and i think that they have become detached when they need to be around.

and i think that there are alot of open questions that need answered.

i think that the mood of this board reflects this.

i may be wrong, but certainly not entirely.

and i stand by it even if i am, because in my mind it is right.

new or not new.

its what i know.  as you know yours.

nicely crafted sir.

a southern gentleman perchance?

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=11

Offline Black Sheep

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/empire21productions
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2004, 12:09:58 AM »
I love how people stir pots, but never contribute to the ingredients.