Author Topic: Amazing  (Read 128 times)

AKSeaWulfe

Amazing
« on: November 30, 2000, 02:33:00 PM »
Today was the most fun I've had in the MA in a LONG time. I spent roughly 2 hours flying from 16 as a Rook and was so jolted on caffeine(6 cups so far) that I literally began to sweat in the furball at 27. It started out as base defense at 16 in my lil' La5, and ended up as all 3 countries fighting at A27(and it's still going on). I ran into N1K2s, Yaks, 109s, 190s, P51s, F4Us, P47s, Spits, A6M5bs, and probably other aircraft that I didn't see because I was too busy twisting my small twin cannoned fighter through the hordes of red icons. Knights clearing Rooks, Rooks clearing KNights, Bishops clearing Rooks, Rooks clearing Bishops, Knights clearing Bishops and Bishops clearing Knights. Going in there lone wolf style(like usual), I managed to down several fighters and escape with my skin for most of the fights. The best was when I was on the deck and a Zero was behind me(after I was twisting around on an F4U's tail). I was quite slow, and looked back to see a Spit rapidly closing. I waited until he was D700 then yanked my fighter around into a climbing turn. I was winchester, and had no intentions of getting a kill just to escape. I never even checked my 6 during this maneuver, just focused on my 12Oc view to ensure I didn't kiss terra firma. I pulled out in a fashion that used very smooth stick input to get as much accel out of my nimble(still had 50% gas in 'er too) little La5. When I leveled out, I looked behind me to watch as the zero floundered in a stall behind me and the Spitfire was a ways behind me. The Zero pilot could no longer maintain flight and met the ground, kill #3 for me and I slowly outran the spitfire. I rtbed with a single light round in my plane and the spitfire broke off because of help from BigEd.

It was the best action I've seen in a LONG time and there was nothing but planes bursting into flames all around me and tracers wizzing by me.

Oh man, talk about adrenaline pumping non stop action, it was f'in great!!!
S! all at A27, it was awesome!
-SW

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Amazing
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2000, 02:48:00 PM »
Ya know SeaWulfe, if more people would try the La-5 and the Macchi, they would realize that you don't need the Chog or the Niki to have fun and get kills. My personal two favorite planes. Glad you had fun!

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Amazing
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2000, 03:01:00 PM »
Sounds like a blast!!!  I would have loved that kind of action too  

-Westy

(also infatuated with the LA5, if I'm not in the 47 or 38)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Amazing
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2000, 03:30:00 PM »
After six cups of coffee, I start seeing tracers all around me, too.  
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Amazing
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2000, 03:34:00 PM »
Me too popeye, Nnice post Seawulfe.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Amazing
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2000, 03:50:00 PM »
I was there as a rook (as always) flying
Bf109F-4 first time in the MA it sure was
great fighting!!! Freidrich is a sweet bird
in the situation like that   I'm actually
glad no one really tried to take 27 (not that there would've been any good chances  to take it anyway) so we could just keep fighting!!

Big <S!> to all the friends and foes at 27 from me too!!  

1Wmaker1
Lentolaivue 34
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Makarov1

• Zinc Member
      • http://fox-hunters.com
Amazing
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2000, 04:34:00 PM »
I also had a great night last night in my bird of choice, LA-5FN. I was able to nail two Tifys, a SPIT, LANC, and P51 (love to get them low). All within in an hour and a couple of sorties. Been a while since I had such a good night.  
Only bird thats been giving me a problem lately is the N1K1, but I can slowly out distance it if need be.

washedup

Amazing
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2000, 06:41:00 PM »
I was in there too (Knight P51) with my country mates Duckwing and Rocket.  We were all sorely out numbered and my fight was fun but was about 6 v 1.  I kept twisting and diving trying to get away but ended up on the deck where Fatty finished me off...  No kills for me but a fun twisty fight.  My only regret was that I had to log and go to work.

How did the fight go for the Knights?

Good to see a positive post about the most enjoyable aspect of the game...getting kills.

May all of you be my targets or my wingmen in the future...