Author Topic: wanna be wanna be like drex or suck like leviathn  (Read 1347 times)

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
wanna be wanna be like drex or suck like leviathn
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2004, 07:58:36 PM »
CH pwns ALL.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2004, 08:06:31 PM »
also a BK and also use the same setup as levi... I did use tmaster rudders but they don't make em anymore..

I use the ch stick but modified it with rubber bands to get it to be less wimpy.   Useless without the rubber bands.

lazs

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2004, 08:06:50 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Cyborg 3d gold. Over a year. Not a prob.

But I'm really just wating for SLO to come into the thread and suggest Logitech. heh

I'm on #3 Cyborg 3D Gold USB, and the twisty is going into the crapper.  I picked up a Cyborg EVO and found it to be garbage - too sensitive and hte scaling in AH is not enough to control it.   It's just weird.  Why the heck would they put the throttle there?  

I've been making due with a horrible dead zone on the Cyborg 3D gold, especially twisty rudder.  

Are the Cyborgs still on the market?  I neeeeed to buy a new one... Being a south paw sucks.  I'd buy an x45 or CH whatever in a heartbeat if they make left handed sticks.
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2004, 08:31:22 PM »
Originally posted by Octavius
I'm on #3 Cyborg 3D Gold USB, and the twisty is going into the crapper.  I picked up a Cyborg EVO and found it to be garbage - too sensitive and hte scaling in AH is not enough to control it.   It's just weird.  Why the heck would they put the throttle there?  

I've been making due with a horrible dead zone on the Cyborg 3D gold, especially twisty rudder.  

Are the Cyborgs still on the market?  I neeeeed to buy a new one... Being a south paw sucks.  I'd buy an x45 or CH whatever in a heartbeat if they make left handed sticks.

Rudder deadzone? Never had that. This stick's been the bomb right outa the box, man. Smooth as silk .... no spikes. Guess I got the good one (that or the logitech pos I had before it makes any stick feel like gold) .... and no, they probably ain't available anymore.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2004, 07:33:03 AM »
So the Cougar is less durable than an X45?  That's surprising.  I'm not hamhanded at all (or barely), and all 5-6 of the Saiteks I've had have failed at varying rates at anywhere between 1 and 6 months.
I just bought a Cyborg Evo and, rare as they are, after about two weeks there's already lag-spikes.  e.g. Ailerons will dip to one extreme for a short moment.

If the trigger is out, I guess you just need to open it and look at it yourself :D  It just disappointed me and I never tried (I sledgehammered the thing), it shouldn't be rocket science tho.  Who cares about aesthetics at that point.

Oct, there's no such thing as too sensible..  But the deadzone for the twist is ****, it's true.  Not because it's too sensitive, but because of the combination of sensitive and not precise enough.  The output increments per input amount are not smooth enough, they feel like a bad staircase.

I scale very flat-exponential because of that.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 07:47:19 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2004, 12:18:47 PM »
Same here as Moot, had a number of x45's fail, however the X36 was bulletproof.

Same as Levi/Lazs here now, all CH usb, but I tried the Cougar before too.

Very happy with CH stuff to this point, and it's been nearly a year.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2004, 12:46:56 PM »
Yeah Moot, thats another thing... the increments are ass.  Staircase is a good description :)

Arlo, what I meant about the 3D Gold was that it's overused and very worn.  The stick can move a good 1/3" before meeting any spring resistance.  The twist can rotate about 1/4" before meeting resistance.  They're just loose. :(
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2004, 03:02:35 PM »
Originally posted by Soulyss
On Saitek... I had a X36 from Saitek (refurb) and I used it for 3+ years before it started going out on me a couple months back.  Others I've heard have had them die on them after a few months.  Nice controllers, but something is severly lacking in the Saitek quality control department.  

CH Products... Just startd using a full CH setup (Fighterstick, throttle, pedals) when my X36 started to go, been going for a month or two now.  My biggest concerns were the Fighterstick doesn't have a lot of resistence to it.  Makes it a little easier to over control, but I think I was able to make the adjustment.  The Fighterstick is also HUGE.  Again I was worred that I could reach the top 8 way hat with my thumb for views, it was a little uncomfortable at first but again I got used to it and I can fly my normal amount (1-2 hours a night) without any discomfort.  Actually my  biggest gripe about CH over the X36 is the throttle, I much prefered the rocking motion on the Saitek throttle to the sliding motion on the CH.  I find that sometimes I accidently knock the throttle back in a dogfight and suddenly I'm not in WEP anymore.  All in all though I like the CH stuff.  If I could make my own, I would scale the stick down a little bit and add resistence, or a scalable resistence screw or somthing to it.  But all in all a nice setup.
 Go to Ch Hanger they will tell you how you can make a little upgrade. So for people with small hands can reach the 8way hat