Author Topic: 2 Dennis  (Read 950 times)

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
2 Dennis
« on: September 15, 2004, 10:19:34 PM »
Sorry I miss the point. Storch kill you when he was in YOUR side?
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
2 Dennis
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 11:15:46 PM »
Sorry, Oleg.  None of that channel 1 chatter was about you.  Hope you didn't think it was.

But yeah... in a word.  Yes.  On the same side, he vulched me as I landed after disengaging from you.

Goes back to last night when the setup was porked allowing axis to fly allied planes from one carrier.   Everybody heeded 1Duke1's request to stick to the setup ... except storch, who had to take up an F4U-4.  

At the time, I didn't kow killshooter was off .. so I sent a few rounds past him.  I was in a zeke ... saw an allied-marked plane :D  ... seemed like the thing to do.  
Anyway, he told me to back off or he'd come back and kill me.  So I shot him down.
He told me then he'd be shooting me down all night because of it. So I killed his zeke twice when he came after me.   Pure self-defense.

Long story for no more than it's worth.  But that's what happened.  I lost my temper with the vulch tonight, and got muted.  I deserved that.

Anyway, he's not willing take the spat out of the CT to the DA where it belongs.   I've dropped it.

Team killing has no place in the CT.  My only defense ... and it's a weak one ... is that he was flying an allied plane and the CT is supposed to be axis-vs-allied.
A good reason killshooter ought to be left on.  

Splash1

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
2 Dennis
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 12:16:20 AM »
Originally posted by Dennis
Sorry, Oleg.  None of that channel 1 chatter was about you.  Hope you didn't think it was.

Oh no, of course i didnt. Just want to make clear for myself what happens there. Sorry for curiosity but it was in open channel. Thank you for telling me full story.

By the way... Nice behavior for "CT Staff candidate", no doubt :rolleyes:
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

storch

2 Dennis
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 01:15:03 AM »

But yeah... in a word.  Yes.  On the same side, he vulched me as I landed after disengaging from you.

Goes back to last night when the setup was porked allowing axis to fly allied planes from one carrier.   Everybody heeded 1Duke1's request to stick to the setup ... except storch, who had to take up an F4U-4.  

At the time, I didn't kow killshooter was off .. so I sent a few rounds past him.  I was in a zeke ... saw an allied-marked plane :D  ... seemed like the thing to do.  
Anyway, he told me to back off or he'd come back and kill me.  So I shot him down.
He told me then he'd be shooting me down all night because of it. So I killed his zeke twice when he came after me.   Pure self-defense.

Long story for no more than it's worth.  But that's what happened.  I lost my temper with the vulch tonight, and got muted.  I deserved that.

Anyway, he's not willing take the spat out of the CT to the DA where it belongs.   I've dropped it.

Team killing has no place in the CT.  My only defense ... and it's a weak one ... is that he was flying an allied plane and the CT is supposed to be axis-vs-allied.
A good reason killshooter ought to be left on.  

Splash1

Except that I had just logged on and the F4U-4 was available Duke asked me not to take it when I was already up.  I was going to fly that sortie and not up it again.  You shot me.  I asked you to stop and you fired a long burst into me that shot me down.

The way I figure it you started,  the aggressor always determines the conduct of the fight.

#1 who appointed you sheriff?

#2 you don't have the right to impose your will on anyone.  If you want to pay my account I'll fly whatever you ask me to otherwise you were way off base.

#3 everytime I see you I will shoot you.  If I catch you landing so much the better.  You are fair game based on the conditions I have expressed above.

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
2 Dennis
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 07:45:03 AM »
First, you had ample opportunity to land the plane when asked.
Second, I shot you down when you turned into me.  Until then, I was just messing with you.  You know all about messing with people.  You make a career out of it in the CT.

The "you started it" crap reminds me of a snotty-nosed brat and his sister in the car ... just before Dad turns around and slaps the stuffing out of him.

And re:

#1.  See above.

#2.  People who break the rules in games always seem to trot out the tired old "it's my $14.95 I'll play the way I want" crap. I was off base only in messing with someone with no sense of humor who's WAY too wrapped up in online games.

#3.  Precisely the reason you are unfit for any position of authority in the CT.  Our only consolation is that HT will probably veto your election to any position ... even an 'auxilliary' one.

Splash1

storch

2 Dennis
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2004, 08:22:59 AM »
First, you had ample opportunity to land the plane when asked.
Second, I shot you down when you turned into me.  Until then, I was just messing with you.  You know all about messing with people.  You make a career out of it in the CT.

The "you started it" crap reminds me of a snotty-nosed brat and his sister in the car ... just before Dad turns around and slaps the stuffing out of him.

And re:

#1.  See above.

#2.  People who break the rules in games always seem to trot out the tired old "it's my $14.95 I'll play the way I want" crap. I was off base only in messing with someone with no sense of humor who's WAY too wrapped up in online games.

#3.  Precisely the reason you are unfit for any position of authority in the CT.  Our only consolation is that HT will probably veto your election to any position ... even an 'auxilliary' one.

Splash1

Break the rules?  What rules?  If there were any rules you tossed them out when You shot at me more than once.  After the first burst I said "hey Dennis kill shooter is off"  You shot at me again as I attempted to reverse on you in a corsair.  I would have shot back at you but couldn't in the process you shot me down.  Paint it any way you like the fact remains that you initiated the whole situation.  You are now fair game.  When I see you I will shoot you if I can.  With regard to the sense of humor comment were you joking it would have been fine but you weren't were you?  Was it funny when nailed you?  Besides I don't like you enough to joke with you.

With respect to CT thing I could care less either way and may choose not to serve if elected so it's no big deal.  I'm growing weary of the game any way.  I'm tired of being a paying Beta tester.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2004, 08:26:37 AM by storch »

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
2 Dennis
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2004, 08:41:54 AM »
#1. The way I see it, if you get shot down by a friendly, don't expect a chirstmas card in the mail.

#2. If a player has an aircraft up because the arena was reset, no one, I mean no one has the right to ask anyone to land anything. You're not the CT Admin, and you certainly have no right to ask a paying player to decide what he/she flies.  It's the CT staff responsibity to ensure the arena is setup properly.

#3. To shoot down a friendly because they upped an aircraft that was available and then get shot down yourself for shooting down that person, see #1.

As the saying goes, don't look a gifted horse in the mouth. We turned off killshooter to increase realism and we can turn it back on just as quick. Please everyone, don't use the arena as a personal vendatta - that's what the dualing arena is for.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

VWE

2 Dennis
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2004, 09:32:26 AM »
Hey... I wanna go the the DA! No one ever asks me to go to the big dance! I'm tired of being a CT wall flower. *sniff*

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
2 Dennis
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2004, 11:14:36 AM »
VWE, I was just wondering, i mean if you arent doing anything, and if you are thats ok, i mean its no big deal if you are, but if you arent i was thinking that maybe, if you werent busy, that you might want to go to the DA, i mean if nobodys asked you already and you dont have other plans, so you know i guess let me know or what ever, if you want to.

VWE

2 Dennis
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2004, 11:18:16 AM »
*sniff* really? You would be seen with me in the DA? *sniff*

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
2 Dennis
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2004, 11:23:12 AM »
Let me get this 12-pack down first, then its on!:D

VWE

2 Dennis
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2004, 11:26:10 AM »
:rofl  you know, I've run across e few that even if I were to pass out my body would some how lift itself up and move to a safe place. :rofl :rofl

storch

2 Dennis
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2004, 05:43:07 PM »
Originally posted by Mister Fork
#1. The way I see it, if you get shot down by a friendly, don't expect a chirstmas card in the mail.

#2. If a player has an aircraft up because the arena was reset, no one, I mean no one has the right to ask anyone to land anything. You're not the CT Admin, and you certainly have no right to ask a paying player to decide what he/she flies.  It's the CT staff responsibity to ensure the arena is setup properly.

#3. To shoot down a friendly because they upped an aircraft that was available and then get shot down yourself for shooting down that person, see #1.

As the saying goes, don't look a gifted horse in the mouth. We turned off killshooter to increase realism and we can turn it back on just as quick. Please everyone, don't use the arena as a personal vendatta - that's what the dualing arena is for.

OK Fork I'll let it go.  I'd rather keep the realism rather than pursue a personal fight.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
2 Dennis
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2004, 06:27:15 PM »
Originally posted by Mister Fork

"It's the CT staff responsibity to ensure the arena is setup properly." Ironicly Storch has been nominated for a staff position. If he caint fly the planes that are supose to be in the set-up, who says he will correct the problem as a staff member?  Kinda like a bank robber becomming a cop :rolleyes:

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
2 Dennis
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2004, 07:39:19 PM »
Well I can't speak for storch but he did tell squad members not to fly any planes on the CV that did not belong in the setup.  This was just a few minutes before "the friendly fire incident".  So he was doing what he could as a non-staff member....

Most of us didn't listen to him anyway:D

If ya don't want us fly'n it then disable/fix it....