Author Topic: Rather acknowledges--there are serious questions about the authenticity of the docs  (Read 2643 times)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Originally posted by NUKE
By the way, what choices do other nations have?

Same watermelon - different place.

It's definitely la la stuff to expect better.... but year by year the criteria for what can emerge seems to have become more and more constricted.

"Electable" is a word that didn't exist 20 years ago. And it's an important word to consider.

"Electable."

It means "What the people could consider electing".

Now how do they figure that?

It's figured on an ever narrowing expression of the issues. It's figured on what seems to work and who seems to represent what seems to work.

And that's based upon a growing record of what got shovelled to the public in years past, and what stuck.

"This works. Here. That works. There. Don't say that, despite... Say this, because..."

Your vote for it is simply a sample..... a quotient entered into a database.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Originally posted by Nash
But where is this man? Who is this guy?

Doesn't have to be anyone particular man.

Imagine an election where 80% of the elegible voters voted. 50% voted for one of the two "standard" candidates. The other 30% just individually wrote in themselves.

What would that tell the politicos in the next election. The Dems and Reps would be thinking "how do we get those guys?" A third party could consider getting them.

You sure as heck don't get change by sitting it out. You play right into their hands that way.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Same watermelon - different place.

It's definitely la la stuff to expect better.... but year by year the criteria for what can emerge seems to have become more and more constricted.

I do not hold your view. We have a lot of choice.... only 2 usually end up in the final race, but we have a lot of choice all along the way.

All the Senators, Governers, Actors....etc..... we have made the choices from the very begining until the end.

We can even have write-in votes. So choice is a non issue.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Besides the cliché nonsense none of the presidential candidates have earned my vote therefore they won’t get it. It has nothing to do with "not being bothered". I am as well informed if not more then any one of this forum and most average folk out in the world.

I know the "issues" and I know what I want from someone I would vote for. I am not going to get it from these two clowns or any 3rd party. Any write in is just a waste of time.

I am well within my right of free expression to not support some one I don't agree with.

Because you bite the bullet and vote for a bad candidate or "the better of 2 evils" is no virtue. In fact it’s more apathetic then some like me who knows what he wants and refuses to offer a default vote just because voting is "good"...

RA is correct in that who ever the president is it really doesn’t matter much in the everyday lives of average people.

If you live in state where one guy will win or lose regardless of your vote, then your vote doesn’t matter no matter how good you think it should feel. It doesn’t matter if you vote for the loser or vote for "none of the above".

Grun's California vote won’t make one difference in how California turns out. At least he can maintain some self respect by choosing "none of the above". Because he doesn’t vote doesn't mean he gives up his right to be critical of who ever is in power. Telling some one they are only a "good" citizen because they refuse to vote for some who hasn't earned their vote isn’t "patriotic" it’s asinine.

It's ridiculous to think that a nation of 280 million (?) people that 2 parties can represent them all. Its even more ridiculous for those of you to claim that we as citizens should be obligated to chose one just because...

Folks who don’t vote haven’t given up anything. It’s the candidates who have given up on them. Maybe some day some smart fellow will come around and figure that out. Until then the Dem or Rep Presidential Candidates are just 2 arms of the same body politic and are too similar to make any real difference in my life; both are equally worthless.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
I guess the bottom line is that every American can vote for whoever they want .....regardless.

So how can someone say we do not have a choice?

Simple as that.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
No one said that. What Grun and I have said is that our choice is not to vote because no candidate has earned it.

You can limit your choices however you wish but dont play this "my limits are more American" because thats just BS...

It's as simple as that....

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Originally posted by Wotan
You can limit your choices however you wish but dont play this "my limits are more American" because thats just BS...

It's as simple as that....

sorry, you lost me there.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
I guess the bottom line is that every American can vote for whoever they want .....regardless.

So how can someone say we do not have a choice?

Simple as that.

Oh sure. True.

You get a choice, absolutely.

Crap vs crap.

That cool with you?

If so... continue to play along and give nobody the suspicion that there is even the hint of discontent with it. Vote one of two and dupe them all.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Oh sure. True.

You get a choice, absolutely.

Crap vs crap.

That cool with you?

If so... continue to play along and give nobody the suspicion that there is even the hint of discontent with it. Vote one of two and dupe them all.

In what way am I limited?

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
In what way am I limited?

Yer limited by what you don't get to choose, because of what you choose to choose.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Yer limited by what you don't get to choose, based on what you choose to choose.

I can vote for anyone in that is a born US citizen pretty much, so how does that limit me?

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
sorry, you lost me there.

You can limit your choices to:

Crap
Crap
3rd party crap
Write in

My choices are:

Crap
Crap
3rd party crap
Write in
No one

My choice of no one is no less responsible then any of the others, its no less American, its no less patriot and its well within "rights" to do so.

If you need more clarification try actually reading the replies or do I need to outline them for you...?

I might as well…

Grun:

- I won’t vote

Mavoadman

- If you don’t vote you are slapping the faces of those who died to give you that right.

- If you don’t vote then you can’t complain.

- If you don’t vote you aren’t a responsible citizen.

Blah blah blah

I guess something as simple as that can get difficult if you don’t pay attention.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Wotan, I can only limit my choices to almost every natural born US citizen. In what way am I limited?

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Asked and answered...

Nash may have patience with you then I...

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Originally posted by Wotan
Asked and answered...

Nash may have patience with you then I...

So, even though I can vote for anyone I want, I am limited?

Nash loses everytime he tries to argue with me because he does not use his head.