Author Topic: Why would anyone fly the mossie?  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
Film
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2004, 01:37:38 AM »
Heheheh, thrila is too modest - that film ends early, before he shoots down the other spit, followed by another con, followed by a 51 which I finished off but for which he got credit (waaaa) followed by us both landing on the cv. I stayed within the wires, just, ah, sans landing gear.

Thrila, email me at markhux@hotmail.com sometime, I have a favour to ask.

Cheers,

Scherf
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Why would anyone fly the mossie?
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2004, 05:33:47 AM »
Just got 633 squadron on DVD :)

I'd forgotten it was in colour!

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
Why would anyone fly the mossie?
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2004, 01:40:47 PM »
Seeker,

I watched it last night, first time since 1964. Brought back a lot of memories of my old elementary school friends.

The stars of the movie are the Mossies. I heard that they pranged two Mossies during the filming.

When you watch the last flight/attack scene, guess which movie used it as the basis for it's final scene. I'm sure you'll recognize it!

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
Heheheh, cheap knock-off it was too
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2004, 02:48:29 PM »
"Waaaahooooo!"

"Gwaaaaaooooooooggg!"

"Phiyp-u--eeeeeeeee!!"

Cheers,

Scherf
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB