Author Topic: Bonus Aircraft = Realism Incentive  (Read 2842 times)

eskimo

Bonus Aircraft = Realism Incentive
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2000, 12:48:00 AM »
I think the best pilots should have to fly Buffalos.  Newbies should get the uberplanes.

eskimo

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2000, 09:56:00 AM »

I like your idea Pongo.  Releasing the uber-planes as one side gets hammered on would tend to even the odds up in a couple of ways.  The side getting smacked gets uber-planes to help stem the tide, and when they get uber-planes, some folks will switch sides to fly them and even things out.

Very nice, solves the availability problem and helps balance the arena.  I like.

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs
Visit Lephturn's Aerodrome for AH news, resources, and training data.
 http://users.andara.com/~sconrad/

"MY P-47 is a pretty good ship
And she took a round coming 'cross the Channel last trip
I was thinking 'bout my baby and lettin' her rip
Always got me through so far
Well they can ship me all over this great big world
But I'll never find nothing like my North End girl
I'm taking her home with me one day, sir
Soon as we win this war"
 - Steve Earl

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2000, 10:49:00 AM »
No i do not want streaks rewarded. This encourages pansies and vulchers. Vulching cuz a goon is OTW is 1 thing, keeping a base down for 3 hours just to vulch is another. If this was the case the bishops would always have the uber rides cuz they the most cowardly of them all  

I tend to fly till I die. Lots of people here dont. Thats OK, but the reason I have gone from crappy to decent in 2 months in this game is because you dont get experience by running and being a pansy.

All IMHO   Well not so H.

-Zig

lazs

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2000, 04:35:00 PM »
In WB they have "jet day".   The 262 is enabled and anyone who wants to can fly it.   Oddly, not that many do but... The jet causes more resentment than any other single item in the game.   Parity is lost.  If you win in a jet your victory is trivialized by the others.  With even a few of em in the sky it ruins the game for the rest.  

Seems to me that you are proposing ruining the game for the majority of the players.   And you want it to happen every day.
lazs    

skeet

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2000, 06:07:00 PM »
It's stating the bl**dy obvious, but there's no restriction on using the aircraft any way you like, so for those who want, set up a self-imposed regime and measure your self by  your self. It's the ultimate measure (if you have to have a measure apart from FUN) IMHO.

eg.
- pick a number of flights per plane and use them all up before you can 'refresh' your set
- impose flying from field to field to rearm/reload then go back to a rear base and restart.
- 'earn' yourself time in planes you favour by flying and getting so many kills in a less favoured (by you)  plane
... the possibilities are endless, tailor them how you like, tell other's what worked (for you) if you want.

------------------
skeet - out
Aces High - Fight Stimulator

OneMan

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2000, 07:54:00 PM »
that seems like a great Idea, as long as the standards for obtaining such a/c are not set too low. That way every tom, dick and harry would not have access to say... a spit XIV or Me262.  

I think a great standard would be to maintain a 5.0 kill ratio   that would sure limit their use  

Now I know people who would want a standard like "get to use this plane after you get 100 kills" but that would make no sense if you died 200 times while getting those 100 kills.....

-lazs-

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2000, 08:41:00 AM »
LOL skeet... You are of course correct.   If someone is good, people will know.  They don't need any special attention.  Seems most are looking for a way to make their particular "skill"  (mostly patience) validated.   How bout if we just give everyone a chrome icon when they reach a personal goal if they so desire?   I will take their word for it.

Oh, wait... There is a way to do this.   Set asside a 2-6 hr period say once a week (move it around for the furiners) and keep track of who has the highest number of kills  (deaths negate that sortie) in that time frame.   The next day announce it here or somwhere prominant (maybe even a banner in Blue in the text buffer).   This will give the "skilled" pilots the verification and attention that they crave..... It will be fair as it will be based on kills per time frame as well as survival.   Everyone will have a relatively even chance at it and those who do not wish to participate can just ignore it.   We could call it..... Oh.... "fite nite" or something.
lazs
lazs

[This message has been edited by -lazs- (edited 05-13-2000).]

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2000, 11:36:00 AM »

Originally posted by Lephturn:

I like your idea Pongo.  Releasing the uber-planes as one side gets hammered on would tend to even the odds up in a couple of ways.  The side getting smacked gets uber-planes to help stem the tide, and when they get uber-planes, some folks will switch sides to fly them and even things out.

Very nice, solves the availability problem and helps balance the arena.  I like.

Tell a friend!