Author Topic: Wow, TV News Crash Video  (Read 1644 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2004, 09:06:33 PM »
Grun, I was looking for the quote but in the interest of time I'll summarize. The waist gunner was shot and he manned the gun. It was shoot or die, he chose to shoot but kept quiet about it until years later.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline AKWeav

• Nickel Member
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2004, 09:09:28 PM »
I have a sneaking suspicion that that particular accident happened because the driver of the car was busy looking at the news people on the side of the road, rather than checking oncoming traffic.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2004, 09:28:42 PM »
The world would be better off if people like him were drawn and quartered while a journalist co-worker "reports" the action.

Offline Dnil

• Silver Member
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2004, 09:32:34 PM »
That ultra melon needs to be brought up on charges for failing to render aid.  WTF was he thinking not running to help.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2004, 09:32:46 PM »
Like Sandman said, Saur...

Different situation.

The reporter in this vid is a tool. He spent most of the time trying to get the address to anyone who may be watching (it was live). But after that he shoulda dropped his mic.

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2004, 09:35:48 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
Totally agreed.

Help a soldier, become a target.

Journalists viewed as targets means no news, nothing, gets out. And then we might as well use our imaginations as to what's going on over there.

They aint soldiers, and I doubt they can even do CPR. They're there to report.

You get imbedded in a unit..how can you not help another American? Self preservation because you might be a target is just a show of cowardice. They may be over there to report, but as a human being you should help. And jouralist are so stupid that they will do anything to get a story so I highly doubt that there would ever be a shortage of handsomehunkes willing to replace a fallen comrade no matter how many get killed.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2004, 09:44:30 PM »
huh?

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2004, 09:46:10 PM »
huh?

What did you not understand?
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2004, 09:47:18 PM »
you

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2004, 09:49:44 PM »
Originally posted by ASTAC
You get imbedded in a unit..how can you not help another American? Self preservation because you might be a target is just a show of cowardice. They may be over there to report, but as a human being you should help. And jouralist are so stupid that they will do anything to get a story so I highly doubt that there would ever be a shortage of handsomehunkes willing to replace a fallen comrade no matter how many get killed.

Professional ethic. :)

Soldiers are soldiers... journalists are journalists. No need to bring humanism into it... warfare is far more efficent without it.
sand

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2004, 09:51:10 PM »
By Nash:
You

Why because I believe that no matter if you are in a war zone or on the side of a street, you should render assistance to someone that is injured? No matter the reason you are there in the first place.

And because I have NO respect for ANY journalists because ALL news is biased and sensationalized?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2004, 09:54:02 PM by ASTAC »

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2004, 09:54:32 PM »
Oooh all news is biased and SCARY!

No...

Local? Even if it's during the ratings period - though that may pose a dilema - drop your mic and help.

War Zone? Just report.

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2004, 10:01:34 PM »
Oooh all news is biased and SCARY!

No...

Local? Even if it's during the ratings period - though that may pose a dilema - drop your mic and help.

War Zone? Just report.

How often do you get a good news report..few and far between..It;s mostly bad stuff,,,there's more going on in the world then violence and death.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2004, 10:04:05 PM »
**hiccup**

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2004, 10:06:02 PM »
What an idiot for not even checking out the condition of those people involved. Funny how accidents especially medical emergencies seem to turn people into idiots.

...-Gixer