Author Topic: Wow, TV News Crash Video  (Read 1643 times)

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2004, 07:18:43 PM »
The driver of the red car was a moron and most likely dead, the uncoming truck was clearly visible even before the red car came to a rolling stop at the stop sign. I would wager that the driver never looked left just took it for granted cuz the white van was crossing.

The reporter by repeating the location over and over again did lend aid, how many calls do you think 911 got?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2004, 07:28:53 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
I saw one report that some imbedded journalists were about to take up weapons during the Iraq war. Apparently their unit was sorrounded by hundreds of enemy and engaged in a heavy firefight under some highway overpasses - the enemy was so close that even the wounded were firing from their strechers at the aid station. Their imbeded journalist said he was seriously considering putting down his camera and picking up a weapon to join  the fight.

The imbedded French journalist that was attached to my brother in law's Marine unit was given a sidearm to defend himself when they had to stop on the road during the sandstorms.  He was told just in case things got hairy, he'd have to defend himself.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2004, 07:39:12 PM »
Originally posted by SFRT - Frenchy
A soldier's duty includes protecting civilians, Journalist duties don't include protecting soldiers other than not revealing their battle plan.

About ten years ago there was a 'round table' forum on PBS that posed a question to newsmen  Peter Jennings and Mike Wallace.  A US Army unit was about to be attacked and only the Reporters new about it.   The question to them was "Would you tell the US soldiers?"   They said 'No...'  They were 'Reporters' and there 'job' was far more important than the lives of American soldiers.

If I were the CO of that unit and I found out about this I would make damn sure that Jennings, Wallace (you and Sandman) became "Ledges of Journalism" for sacrificing your lives to get that story....!!!

Offline Muckmaw1

• Nickel Member
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2004, 07:44:10 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Because he's a scum sucking parasitic journalist.

BOOM!

Dead on, sandman.

I hate the friggin media, even more than Hippies.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2004, 07:53:24 PM »
Then why are you so glued to it?

I'll be waaaay gracious and include Rush and O'Reilley into the mix.

If you had to turn off the TV, radio and (being gracious again) stopped reading the paper, you wouldn't know what to do with all yer new free time.

Gimme a break.

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2004, 07:57:48 PM »
Eh, I'm getting a degree in journalism. Nice to know I'm well on ym way to being a scum-sucking journalist...:rolleyes:

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2004, 08:35:23 PM »
Originally posted by Gixer
What an idiot for not even checking out the condition of those people involved. Funny how accidents especially medical emergencies seem to turn people into idiots.

...-Gixer

I think there's also something about video cameras that makes people feel detached from what's going on around them.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2004, 09:11:58 PM »
Originally posted by Otto
About ten years ago there was a 'round table' forum on PBS that posed a question to newsmen  Peter Jennings and Mike Wallace.  A US Army unit was about to be attacked and only the Reporters new about it.   The question to them was "Would you tell the US soldiers?"   They said 'No...'  They were 'Reporters' and there 'job' was far more important than the lives of American soldiers.

If I were the CO of that unit and I found out about this I would make damn sure that Jennings, Wallace (you and Sandman) became "Ledges of Journalism" for sacrificing your lives to get that story....!!!

Been taking notes on the Grun school of arguing with yourself?

By all means... continue.

I'll just watch.
sand

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2004, 11:06:26 PM »
About ten years ago there was a 'round table' forum on PBS that posed a question to newsmen Peter Jennings and Mike Wallace. A US Army unit was about to be attacked and only the Reporters new about it. The question to them was "Would you tell the US soldiers?" They said 'No...' They were 'Reporters' and there 'job' was far more important than the lives of American soldiers.

I remember that. But I also remember that there were those who said the opposite. It's been so long it's blurry as to who said what.

Charon

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2004, 11:57:26 PM »
Originally posted by Otto

So folowing the same reasoning, it's ok for me to give away the Marines attack plan to their enemy.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2004, 10:43:45 AM »
Ok...   I've decided I wouldn't shoot Reporters that incur my wrath.  (That was the wine talking..)    Instead I'm going to assign them to a two man tent with CNN reporter Candy Crowley.  

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/anchors_reporters/crowley.candy.html

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Wow, TV News Crash Video
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2004, 04:12:07 PM »
Originally posted by Nash

And then we might as well use our imaginations as to what's going on over there.

LOL,

you might as well use your imagination to figure out what is going on, becuase the pansie media produces such a slanted view it is the same as being imaginative bs...
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.