Author Topic: Snake in the grass  (Read 3000 times)

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Snake in the grass
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2004, 11:06:11 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Damn straight... you can't have a truly objective view of U.S. politics unless you are a citizen of this country.

Who said that? That sounds closed-minded Sandman...Im surprised coming from you.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2004, 11:10:07 PM »
Ahem...
sand

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Snake in the grass
« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2004, 11:13:16 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Ahem...

Ahem...

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Snake in the grass
« Reply #138 on: October 06, 2004, 11:21:00 PM »
I'm glad we've seemed able to resolve this.

Now....

What does this have to do with Tweety being gay?

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Snake in the grass
« Reply #139 on: October 06, 2004, 11:27:40 PM »
lol.

Damn I could never hate Nash :)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #140 on: October 07, 2004, 02:12:05 AM »
If I come across as a nutbar, then I come across as a nutbar.

More like obsessed whackjob.  But you're our obsessed whackjob.

:D
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #141 on: October 07, 2004, 07:24:02 AM »
The Leaders are there. They don't ever seem to get the nominations though, do they?

You blame the average citizen/voter? Because we're susceptible to negative media advertising? Because we get sucked in by BS like Dandy Dan's faked Guard memos?

Nah......... I'm going with the Trilateral Commission and the UN's shadow hand slowly taking over our elections and political partys to form the One World government. Or it could be the Jewish Cabal and the Elders of Zion. An outside chance the Witches of Eastwick have their gnarled hands in it too.

Seriously, though, I think modern media does have something to do with it. Folks have foregone reading and going out to actually listening to the candidates in favor of the 15 second sound bite one a day on the evening news.

But there are Leaders out there.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #142 on: October 07, 2004, 09:45:15 AM »
I have to give a Mea Culpa out to Tweety and his ilk. Apparently your view of Edward's little speech was shared by many, including my wife.

I still disagree, but can see your point.

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #143 on: October 07, 2004, 09:01:57 PM »
Originally posted by TweetyBird
Horn I disagree with you plain and simple.

Had the moderator used discression and refered to a past sergery or medical procedure involving one of Cheney family,  I'd have come out the box just as hard if Edwards said something like "I respect the fact that you are supporting your wife after her overies were removed," or " I repsect the fact that you supported you wife after her colostomy."

Its rude as hell. If you don't see, I'm sorry for you.
It is the utmost arrogance to compliment someone for doing something that is intrinsic to human beings, like supporting and loving a family member no matter what. I'm sorry you don't see that either.

Its about using extremely personal situations of someone else as a side show. Its disgusting and if you honestly don't see it, it may be a a feux pas dependent on culture

That's OK--It was just another time that Cheney was being hypocritical in his position and Edwards called him out on it. And did it in such a way no one would not know about whom or to what he was referring.

Dirty pool? Rude? Maybe.

Maybe Cheney should have thought of that before taking a stance that would potentially hurt a family member because of his frikkin *job* That to me is the issue.

He doesn't think enough of his daughter to take a stand that would bring him into possible contention with his boss.  As a father of daughters NO job would worth potentially harming my kids. He obviously thinks differently, though.

I'm frankly amazed he continues to call himself a man.

We'll agree to disagree then.

h
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 09:06:12 PM by Horn »

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #144 on: October 07, 2004, 09:10:49 PM »
>>He doesn't think enough of his daughter to take a stand that would bring him into possible contention with his boss. As a father of daughters NO job would worth potentially harming my kids. He obviously thinks differently, though.
<<

That is one hell of a leap in logic. You got all that eh? Hmmm - do you do tarrot cards also? Cheney is the VP. He doesn't make the laws - hell the President doesn't make the laws. Cheney stated its a states rights issue. He stated the current administration opposes his view and HE SUPPORTS THE PRESIDENT. Thats his job. Do you think for one second he wouldn't make life easier for his daughter if he could? I doubt you do, but thats what you are saying - and I find it a little disgusting - almost as disgusting as you playing like you don't understand passive-agressive remarks or vieled insults.

To be quite succinct, do you think for one second, Edwards remarks were designed the laud Cheney, or perhaps they were designed to produce irony at Cheney's dughter's expense? It is NOT rocket science.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 09:32:42 PM by TweetyBird »

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2004, 09:57:33 PM »
You guys seemed to have made a big leap here. Of course Cheney loves his daughter. That doesn't automatically mean he approves of her lifestyle or would condone a same sex marriage. I don't know how he feels on the subject, has he spoken on it?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2004, 10:04:21 PM »
What Edwards was saying was:

"Look, all you religious freaks. When your so-called saviours are faced with the same realities as every-day Americans... well HELL.... They act like LIBRAHLS!"

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2004, 10:07:51 PM »
You may be right about that was what Edwards was trying to say Nash, I won't second guess his intent. If so, he was dead wrong. There are many folks that stand on principle regardless of hardship. Maybe you don't believe that?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #148 on: October 07, 2004, 10:24:04 PM »
I hate "principle", as a rule.

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #149 on: October 07, 2004, 10:29:39 PM »
>>"Look, all you religious freaks. When your so-called saviours are faced with the same realities as every-day Americans... well HELL.... They act like LIBRAHLS!"
<<

No doubt he was trying to say that. But it was vieled as some sort of compliment or concern for Cheney, when in fact it was a jab. Thats what I said about 50 hours ago, and there was a general disagreement comming from party sheep. But, I guess if party sheep pretended not to see it, they really did, but being sheep they just kinda ignored it.