Author Topic: Snake in the grass  (Read 2988 times)

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Snake in the grass
« on: October 05, 2004, 10:10:01 PM »
I would rather have a not particularly bright President with his heart in the right place and a smart vice president with his heart in the right place, than a smart President with is his heart in the right place and a vice president who was a snake in the grass with no heart.

Kerry - Edwards is no longer an option. Its not what Edwards said, but how he said it. He is unquestionably a snake, a Dixiecrat revealed.

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
Re: Snake in the grass
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 10:13:39 PM »
Originally posted by TweetyBird
I would rather have a not particularly bright President with his heart in the right place and a smart vice president with his heart in the right place, than a smart President with is his heart in the right place and a vice president who was a snake in the grass with no heart.

Kerry - Edwards is no longer an option. Its not what Edwards said, but how he said it. He is unquestionably a snake, a Dixiecrat revealed.

yep

I don't like lawyers a whole lot

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 10:14:09 PM »

:confused:

Cheney was the one who didn't thank Edwards for coming to the debate, maybe cause Edwards beat the **** out of him, and made him flip-flop?

:)
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
WOW!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 10:16:23 PM »
wtg tweety

hope others see the light you saw in the last 90 minutes

some of us saw it long ago
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2004, 10:19:55 PM »
Edwards is a trial lawyer; IMO he is Kerry's biggest liability

J_A_B

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2004, 10:28:34 PM »
Odd that Cheney didn't see any attack. In fact didn't he thank Edwards for his kind comments? I was watching the same debate wasn't I?
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2004, 10:30:59 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
Odd that Cheney didn't see any attack. In fact didn't he thank Edwards for his kind comments? I was watching the same debate wasn't I?

he saw it.
did you hear him thank eddie boy in the end? nope just the moderator
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2004, 10:31:01 PM »
Cheney, crafty veep that he is, was just letting the public draw their own conclusions and letting Edwards hang himself.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Snake in the grass
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2004, 10:31:56 PM »
Yeah rpm, when Edwards started saying what he said, I viewed it as a cheap way using Cheney's daughter to make a point about gay unions.

Cheney took it as a warm compliment, but I don't think he could do otherwise. He was probably peaved but maybe was expecting something like that to come up.

Low, very low of Edwards in my opinion.

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2004, 10:35:55 PM »

He is a politician and a lawyer, what did you expect?

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Snake in the grass
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2004, 10:38:34 PM »
So tweety shall we now mark you down in the Republitard category? Have you filled out all the neccessary paperwork? Dotted the "i"'s and crossed the "t"'s?

Very well then...

Welcome to the horde. That distinctly indistinct place where all the voices blend together and come crushing through in waves of.... well, pure mass as far as I can tell.

I should think that would be very comfortable.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2004, 10:41:48 PM by Nash »

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2004, 10:43:54 PM »
I guess you could take it however you want, but it didn't seem to come off very underhanded to me.  It looked to me like he was trying to throw the question out as a non-issue and align his ticket with the current administration as being against same sex marriage.  If I missed something obvious, please explain it (anyone but Eagler, that is, LOLs don't do much explaining).
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2004, 10:44:25 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
That distinctly indistinct place where all the voices blend together and come crushing through in waves of.... well, pure mass as far as I can tell.

Are you saying he joined the majority? Is that necessarily a bad thing?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2004, 10:50:58 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
So tweety shall we now mark you down in the Republitard category? Have you filled out all the neccessary paperwork? Dotted the "i"'s and crossed the "t"'s?

Very well then...

Welcome to the horde. That distinctly indistinct place where all the voices blend together and come crushing through in waves of.... well, pure mass as far as I can tell.

wow that was really deep. you should be some kind of motivational speaker.:lol

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2004, 10:51:47 PM »
I think it was a mistake for Edwards to bring up Cheney's daughter. With Cheney's lack of comment other than to point out that Bush made administration policy he made it clear that he didn't agree with it. That can only be intrepreted as sympathy towards gays and undermines an attempt to portray the administration as anti-gay. Why not just point out Bush's support to amend the constitution against gay marraige and leave it at that. Poor judgement if you ask me.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.