Author Topic: Snake in the grass  (Read 2986 times)

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #150 on: October 08, 2004, 12:24:16 AM »
Originally posted by TweetyBird
>>He doesn't think enough of his daughter to take a stand that would bring him into possible contention with his boss. As a father of daughters NO job would worth potentially harming my kids. He obviously thinks differently, though.
<<

That is one hell of a leap in logic. You got all that eh? Hmmm - do you do tarrot cards also? Cheney is the VP. He doesn't make the laws - hell the President doesn't make the laws. Cheney stated its a states rights issue. He stated the current administration opposes his view and HE SUPPORTS THE PRESIDENT. Thats his job. Do you think for one second he wouldn't make life easier for his daughter if he could? I doubt you do, but thats what you are saying - and I find it a little disgusting - almost as disgusting as you playing like you don't understand passive-agressive remarks or vieled insults.

To be quite succinct, do you think for one second, Edwards remarks were designed the laud Cheney, or perhaps they were designed to produce irony at Cheney's dughter's expense? It is NOT rocket science.

Laud Cheney? Produce "irony?" Not at all. Edwards was jabbing at Cheney for his hypocrisy. Cheney supports a constitutional amendment that would potentially harm his daughter. Of course it was an insult--and it hurt Cheney because it was true.

Cheney deserves it as a spineless father willing to put his job before his family. You *should* find it disgusting that you are defending such a person.

I lost all respect for the guy when he began this nonsense--way before the debate. I think he should be called out on it regularly.

You're right, it's not rocket science.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #151 on: October 08, 2004, 12:26:47 AM »
Originally posted by Nash
I hate "principle", as a rule.

As a matter of principle? :p

You were being flippant, right?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 12:31:36 AM by AKIron »
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Snake in the grass
« Reply #152 on: October 08, 2004, 12:39:36 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron
As a matter of principle? :p

You were being flippant, right?

Yeah.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2004, 06:01:06 AM »

Originally posted by Nash
If Bush, by trying to ammend the very constitution about this, does not make this an election issue... what, pray tell, is?

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.

The president does not have the power, other than informal persuasion, to amend the constitution. As I read it, he is completely out of the loop in the process. 2/3 of both houses, then 3/4 of state legislatures, the signature of the president is not required as the 2/3 majority in the congress makes it moot.

Bush has no more formal power to amend than I do.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2004, 08:06:00 AM »
Originally posted by Horn
Laud Cheney? Produce "irony?" Not at all. Edwards was jabbing at Cheney for his hypocrisy. Cheney supports a constitutional amendment that would potentially harm his daughter. Of course it was an insult--and it hurt Cheney because it was true.

Cheney deserves it as a spineless father willing to put his job before his family. You *should* find it disgusting that you are defending such a person.

I lost all respect for the guy when he began this nonsense--way before the debate. I think he should be called out on it regularly.

You're right, it's not rocket science.

You think he is a spinless father for doing his job?

He said he supports his daughter(good father) ..he said he was for STATE control(good father)....BUT he said he will support his President.(good Vice President)

I find NOTHING disgusting about it. Other than the Demos are using his daughter against him. Bringing her afliction public just to win the election.

THAT is the disgusting part. The Democrats will hurt anyone if it gives them a chance to win.

You *should* find THAT disgusting. You *should* find it disgusting that you support these people.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.