Author Topic: Snake in the grass  (Read 2987 times)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Snake in the grass
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2004, 10:52:11 PM »
Cheney is supporting a President who is undermining Cheney's very own daughter.

There's a lot to admire about that. I side with Cheney's support of his President in the face of his own personal reality.

However.... it's something.

If Bush, by trying to ammend the very constitution about this, does not make this an election issue... what, pray tell, is?

God forbid Edwards should talk about this. God forbid he should point out his opponent's contradictory stance on it during a debate.

If you would rather have a dumb president, over a vice president who is willing to talk about this.... then I think you're being a bit reactionary...

There's more to the story here tweety - isn't there?

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2004, 10:56:51 PM »
Rarely will you find two people anywhere that agree on everything Nash. Well, except perhaps two Democrats running for office, sounded like Kerry and Edwards were reading the same script.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2004, 10:58:31 PM »
Well that's great then Iron. It's what he was supposed to do.

You're not voting for Edwards. You're not voting for Cheney.

As far as I'm concerned - Edwards didn't say "Kerry" enough.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2004, 11:03:44 PM »
Over 10,000 Constitutional amendments have been proposed in Congress since 1789; in a typical Congressional year in the last several decades, between 100 and 200 are proposed. Most of these proposals never get out of Congressional committee, much less get passed by the Congress.

Anyone else think it's a typical election year ploy to gain the support of a perceived voting block?

In short..... it ain't going nowhere and EVERYBODY with any political brain at all knows that.

It's a political play in an election game.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2004, 11:04:02 PM »
I think Bush solicits and listens to advice from Cheney. As Cheney pointed out, Bush didn't pick him as VP to win Wyoming.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2004, 11:06:04 PM »
Zactly Toad.... It's a play.

Who made it one, and why?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2004, 11:07:53 PM »
Why Bush and his advisors to gain support amongst those opposed to gay marriage, of course.

Now tell me Kerry doesn't do stuff like that.

What do they call it? Pandering to the electorate?

Don't tell me you really think it's a big deal?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2004, 11:12:07 PM »
Me think this is a big deal?

I was asking TWEETY why he thought this was a big deal.

You seemed to come out in.... defense of.... er.... I'm not sure what you were trying to say, frankly.

Now yer saying "everyone does it" and "do you really think it's a big deal"?.... basically....

I'm confused - and yer not helping. :)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2004, 11:12:21 PM »
I think Bush had more to lose with that ploy than he could hope to gain. Those he was pandering to are already in his camp. Unless, he was simply showing that he isn't afraid to take a risk or go against the grain on a matter of principle.

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2004, 11:14:01 PM »
>>Odd that Cheney didn't see any attack. In fact didn't he thank Edwards for his kind comments? I was watching the same debate wasn't I?

<<

Cheney thanked him "for the concern of his daughter"  in the same passive agressive matter though gritted teeth and added "thats all I have to say on that matter." . Personaly , I have decked the little snake. I'd have knocked that little piece of work into next week. He used Cheney's child as a point. I'm a warthog, and you pay for such a stunt. Edwards is a Dixiecrat plain and simple.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2004, 11:17:30 PM »
Nash, I think you fail to distinguish between Bush's political ploy and Tweety's reaction to Edwards using the issue to point out to the public that Cheney has a gay daughter.

If I understand Tweety's post here in light of his post in the other thread

Anyone who would attack ( smiling and lamely trying to diguise it) a persons child for their sexual orientation, is a snake.

correctly, it's not the political ploy of Bush that bothers him.

It's Edwards' perceived use of the issue to attack Cheney and his daughter.

At least that's my take. I hate to speak for Tweety though.

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2004, 11:18:38 PM »
>>So tweety shall we now mark you down in the Republitard category? Have you filled out all the neccessary paperwork? Dotted the "i"'s and crossed the "t"'s?
<<

No mark me in the honest category. I don't vote party lines, and I don't vote for idiots. I don't vote for bullies, opportunists or DIXIECRATS. Wanna know the difference between Edwards and Jesse Helms? Only the party - believe me, only the party. I saw what is Edwards is about and I don't like it.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2004, 11:25:09 PM »
Okay... this is just weird to me then...

Uhm... yeah... Knock yerselves out.

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2004, 11:31:10 PM »
Nash, did you watch the debate? The translation will not come through in the transcript. Edwards passively attacked Cheney for the simple fact his daughter is gay, and Cheney gritted his teeth and "thanked" him for the (CHILDISH HATEFUL- my words) attack and reliquished his time. Edwards is scum, and in Louisiana, he'd probably be in intensive care.

Offline MrCoffee

• Silver Member
Snake in the grass
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2004, 11:32:05 PM »
No mark me in the honest category. I don't vote party lines, and I don't vote for idiots. I don't vote for bullies, opportunists or DIXIECRATS. Wanna know the difference between Edwards and Jesse Helms? Only the party - believe me, only the party. I saw what is Edwards is about and I don't like it. [/B]

Really? Whats is Edwards about? Hes a snake? What kind of snake, rattle snake, python, oh I know cobra?

:lol