Author Topic: Well Its official  (Read 2669 times)

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
Well Its official
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2004, 09:43:27 AM »
I don't know what the CT is like most nights, I only know what I saw last night. The base captures didn't bother me. The over-use of the Ki-84 didn't bother me.

What bothered me was that when people asked for players to switch sides to balance things they were flipped the bird on the open channel. And when players declined to enter obviously suicidal engagements they were also cat-called on the open channel.

I'll see what the next plane rotation is - if it's early war I'll give it another try.

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
Well Its official
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2004, 10:03:25 AM »
That was the first experience I had in the CT DoKGonZo.
I engage 4 enemies was quickly dispatched then was told how much I sucked.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Well Its official
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2004, 10:09:45 AM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
I don't know what the CT is like most nights, I only know what I saw last night. The base captures didn't bother me. The over-use of the Ki-84 didn't bother me.

Heh.  Looking forward to the Ki-84 so much that you already ascribe overuse to it, DoKGonZo?

As to that particular whine.  The Allied flying can keep on bleating, but until I see them all flying P-40s and F4Fs I see no reason why the Japanese, almost always outnumbered, should also fly their least capable aircraft.  That particular whine has also struck me as sour grapes from Allied flyiers who merely want a Marianas Turkey Shoot.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Well Its official
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2004, 10:11:59 AM »
lol, I was told by AWC, I was an ack hugger, scared to fly, and did not know how to fly the F4U, all because I would not turn with his zeke, when he had a substantial alt advantage over me, when I tryed to bleed his e, he accused me of BnZing and he was the one with superior alt and E........

I admit it, I am SKEERED of you all in the great CT.............pfffh   :D
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Well Its official
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2004, 10:14:34 AM »
why not everyone that is not a CT regular just give the arena to the select few, heck let them rename it to "so& so squad Arena"  hehe

that way they can have it their way , like it was Burger King  LOL!
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Well Its official
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2004, 10:17:11 AM »
Originally posted by jamusta
Storch.

I come into the CT to find a good fight. If you dont want to fight let me know. I find it difficult to take that you guys are capturing fields with 12 people online. My whole take on the situation is this, a few JB's came into the arena the other night and did exactly what you guys were doing last night. They made the #'s advantage go for the allies. The axis got pushed back to their field then they started vulching. You switched sides and start blasting the MA players calling them Mprettythangholes and telling them to go back to the MA with the gaminess. After that it seems most JG-54 guys logged. Yet you justify you doing it  because you were capturing a base?

I guess you understand why I have not been back.  Tired of high speed HOs from 190s and people like Storch
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
Well Its official
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2004, 10:19:46 AM »
Originally posted by Karnak
Heh.  Looking forward to the Ki-84 so much that you already ascribe overuse to it, DoKGonZo?

My bad ... I'm just used to the Ki from "other games." And I was in a P47. I only wish it was all Zekes and P40's and FM2's and early war crap like that.

That you can accuse me of whining about things that went on in the CT before when I clearly said this was the first time I ever tried to fly there does little to raise your credability. And that you'd accuse me of whining at all when I clearly said I was bothered by the attitude much more than the gameplay is strike 2.

My desire to try CT again is decreasing with every post I see. Well done.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 10:25:53 AM by DoKGonZo »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Well Its official
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2004, 10:35:01 AM »
DoKGonZo,

Well, what you were harping on is a long standing position held by a few loud Allied fliers.  It has been stated and restated over and over and over.  Allied players have advocated F4U/F6F/F4F/P-51/P-47/P-38 vs A6M5/Ki-61 setups as fair and when the N1K2 is added it tends to produce negative posts regarding the chances of the Allied fliers against the vaunted N1K2-J.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Well Its official
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2004, 10:51:38 AM »
Well, I'd venture a guess that most "allied flyers" don't like the Niki because it is a tad bit harder to bore n zoom than the zeke, and it has the firepower to make a stupid allied flyer pay for a mistake, unlike the Ki61.

Honestly, the niki isn't all that much more capable than the Ki-61, it just has twice the firepower.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Well Its official
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2004, 11:37:06 AM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
My desire to try CT again is decreasing with every post I see. Well done.

RL kept me away last night.  Judging from these posts, it was probably a bad evening to test the waters, DoK.  The informal Thursday night missions are a relatively recent phenomenon.  Mostly they're a lot of fun.  Perhaps there were a few people who took them just a bit too seriously.  That probably also explains the numbers imbalance - it was one of the rare times there is a "goal" in the CT.

This plane set also suffers because, for most people, there is a serious gap in the quality of the three main Japanese rides.  If you pick the Zeke because you're not an experienced Tony flyer, the Corsairs and Lightnings and 47s b&z you, and walk away if they can't.  Many people get frustrated by that and, not wanting to spend more time on the Tony (like my boss, the impatient Grits), move to the only other available ride.  This dissuades Allied players from flying P40s and Wildcats, which are actually a pretty nice match against the Zeke and Tony.

Try the CT a few more times before you finalize your opinion, is my suggestion.

- oldman

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
Well Its official
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2004, 11:40:31 AM »
Originally posted by Karnak
... Allied players have advocated F4U/F6F/F4F/P-51/P-47/P-38 vs A6M5/Ki-61 setups as fair ...

Gag.

Maybe the F4U-1 (to keep the Ki-61 honest) ... but otherwise F4F, FM2, and P40's only.

... "bore n zoom" ... well I guess I have no place in the CT as I am a pure energy fighter ... enjoy ...

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
Well Its official
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2004, 12:07:36 PM »
I dont understand the complaint about the N1k. They can be handled with relative easy if you fly to the strength on the allied planes. That on the other hand can get boring. I choose to turn fight them in a p47 cus that is fun to me. Also f6f is more than a hand full for the n1k.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Well Its official
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2004, 12:30:00 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
Well, I'd venture a guess that most "allied flyers" don't like the Niki because it is a tad bit harder to bore n zoom than the zeke, and it has the firepower to make a stupid allied flyer pay for a mistake, unlike the Ki61.

Honestly, the niki isn't all that much more capable than the Ki-61, it just has twice the firepower.

Rather fight an average player in a George than an average player in a Zeke anyday. :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Well Its official
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2004, 12:44:05 PM »
Guys ... I'm tellin' ya ... we need more players like DoK and jamusta. We need MORE players in the CT ... period!

And the overall feedback I got from the 68th (they requested VF-17 tag along with them as top cover for a run or two) was positive. A couple members seemed to have gotten a little frustrated and left for the MA but I think they just wasn't used to the fact that most of the "regular" CT folk know the map well and can anticipate where threats will appear.

One of the challenges of the CT (especially the slot map) is it's relatively small scale in comparison to some of the huge MA maps. And we've played them enough to have beaten down paths between the same 4-5 bases on most of `em.

As far as not playing nice is concerned. We reap what we sow. It's as true here in Ace's High as it is in real life. Of course, nice is relative. As long as I have options, I generally don't care. But I'll continue to be a side balancer and I'll continue to prefer air engagements over land-grabbing. That's me.

You guys do and say what you feel ya gotta. If you're actually having fun doing some of the things you do online ... who am I to say otherwise?

Personally, I feel that there's room for more players of any mindset. Hell, if the CT got an influx of non-land-grabbing, side-balancing, polite and professional on channel one types ... then perhaps the two groups could just ignore each other and have fun. :D

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
Well Its official
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2004, 01:15:23 PM »
Arlo you talk alot of trash, yet I enjoy flying with you. I can tell your trash talking isnt serious. But just like any other noobie, which I am to your arena, I dont wish to try out something new just to get bashed by the regulars. Doing that will just turn the any new guy away. Now if I was a regular to the arena then I wouldnt mind the bashing I receive. But I am still trying to figure out the personality of your community. So far I have the impression that some dont want the CT to grow because they will soon find themselves at the bottom of the food chain.