Author Topic: Well Its official  (Read 2668 times)

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
Well Its official
« on: October 07, 2004, 08:36:11 PM »
The CT is no different than the MA. There I was surrounded at a9. There were multiple bogeys around me. Im getting shot down left and right. The action is hot. Im engaging 3 and 4 bandits. Then it happens. THEY BEGIN TO VULCH!!!!! This continues on for what seems an eternity. Mind you the next friendly base is almost 2 sectors away. N1k's 110's cannon rounds blowing me to bits along with my p38 buddy. So since certain folks ruin gameplay in the CT I will bid you all a farewell. You can have this sucky arena. With that going on no wonder your numbers stay so low.
Those of you who fly in the CT knows the group I am talking about. You should police your community. Get rid of the bad seeds.

Have fun!

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Well Its official
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 11:15:08 PM »
Still far fewer "bad seeds" in the CT than in the MA anyday.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Well Its official
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 11:26:17 PM »
Yea, I'm consistantly amused at how the "CT regulars" tout themselves as being better than the average "MAer".. it simply isnt true.  

More timid maybe, better no.

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Well Its official
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 11:36:47 PM »
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128380

This seems to fall under #2

Being vulched sucks...  (at some point it's happens to everyone)

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Well Its official
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 11:39:39 PM »
How has Aces High survived so long without Playground Monitors?
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Well Its official
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2004, 11:41:37 PM »
Originally posted by StarOfAfrica2
Still far fewer "bad seeds" in the CT than in the MA anyday.

True, very true.

The CT maybe has 5 of the 30 as bad guys,,,

The MA is more like 100 out of 600...

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
Well Its official
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2004, 11:51:02 PM »
I actually happened to be in the CT around the same time - first time I'd tried to fly there.

2/3 of the players (or more at times) were on the Japanese side, mostly in N1K's - big shock, everyone switching to use the most uber plane. So gang-bangs and vultched fields was the entre for the US who couldn't get CHogs without a 3-sector transit flight from CV's.

I saw a couple of requests for people to switch sides to make it even and those requests were ignored at best, and ragged on at worst.

When lone P38's and P47's decided to run from multiple N1K's they were ridiculed on the open channel.

I did see more salutes, and obviously some folks are playing with the right spirit. But overall I didn't see anything that diffrent from the MA, just less volume of it.

Oh well.

-DoK

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Well Its official
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2004, 11:51:36 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
True, very true.

The CT maybe has 5 of the 30 as bad guys,,,

The MA is more like 100 out of 600...

:lol
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Well Its official
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2004, 12:38:19 AM »
Yea, I'm consistantly amused at how the "CT regulars" tout themselves as being better than the average "MAer".. it simply isnt true.

I think it stems from CT "regulars" having no problems racking up kills in the MA vs the CT. Obviously because there is more targets to choose from there. When the MAs best sticks come to the CT the have no problems beating up CT regulars. I dont really think the majority of CT regulars think they are better then all the MA sticks, they feel the arena is better. Better suited to what they find fun. CT has some antagonizers that (whether they mean to or not) give some a bad impression of all CTers. That has been the case for a while now. Same can be said of trash talkers in the MA. I wonder why some of you get insulted that MAers come to the CT, or why some of you get insulted because some like the CT better. Either place is what you make of it. Shut up and fly, try and have some damn fun.

You should police your community. Get rid of the bad seeds. /B]

What do you suggest? Banning of players? What defines a bad seed?  What arena do you not get vulched in?  Not popping off Jamusta, Id like to know what your answers are.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Well Its official
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2004, 01:31:07 AM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
I actually happened to be in the CT around the same time - first time I'd tried to fly there.

2/3 of the players (or more at times) were on the Japanese side, mostly in N1K's - big shock, everyone switching to use the most uber plane. So gang-bangs and vultched fields was the entre for the US who couldn't get CHogs without a 3-sector transit flight from CV's.

I saw a couple of requests for people to switch sides to make it even and those requests were ignored at best, and ragged on at worst.

When lone P38's and P47's decided to run from multiple N1K's they were ridiculed on the open channel.

I did see more salutes, and obviously some folks are playing with the right spirit. But overall I didn't see anything that diffrent from the MA, just less volume of it.

Oh well.

-DoK

When I was on, there was many more Allied. I think the 68 guys made the allied numbers high  - , then when they logged it  must have swung the other way.

Jamusta , I find the CT is basically the same as the MA . Every MA type is represented there in roughly equivalent proportions ,  the good the bad and ugly. I guess that represents human nature doesn't  it. I did expect it to be a little different at first  also , but it's not really, so no biggie.

The gang fighting is sometimes worse than the MA , not because of evil intent , it's just that when the numbers are low , when a con eventually turns up , everyone is in there trying to get a kill.

It is still possible to have some fun fights though , due to the smaller numbers. Try to have a fun fight 1-1, 2-2 in the MA with 400 up.
I come from a land downunder

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Well Its official
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2004, 02:20:45 AM »
1: Everyone has their preferences. Mine is the cockpit of a Corsair in a Pac setting in the CT. For others it may be a Zeke or Tony or George in the same setting. Or a Hellcat or Thunderbolt or Pony. Or a Euro setting in an Axis or Allied ride .... etc. But if we place the needs of the arena ahead of our own (and face it, in a low population arena - we really HAVE to) then we need to broaden our horizons. It's not a mandatory thang. It's a voluntary thang. And it's even kinda a fun thang. I encourage everyone to try it. You don't know what you're missing if you don't.

I pity tha foo!

2. Vulching, swarming, playing RISK .... we've all done it from time to time. It can be fun and funny ... for awhile. But when it becomes the norm for an individual or group to do it and keep doing it .... just to:

a: get kills
b: piss off the other guy
c: address one's own boredom

... then perhaps some reflection is in order? Dontcha get bored boring others? I do. I haven't seen anyone impressed with anyone else's points or rank in the CT for a long time. Ya figure it'd sink in.

"But ARLOOOOO! The name of the game in AH is capture the flag!"

Well ... could be .... could be not. It's not a mandatory thang. It's a voluntary thang. Try something else for a change. You don't know what you're missing if you don't.

I pity the foo!

3. Smacking. Well hell ... smacktalk is a game all itself. Some insist on doing it when they're not really good at it. But hey ... that's ok too ... if they can handle taking what they're despirately trying to dish out. But again .... what's the motivation? Are we "taunting" the other side to get them to fight? Are we frustrated with the other side for being gamey (or even seeming gamey)? Or maybe for shooting us down when we know deep down in our heart that we coulda beat that bastidge if he didn't have alt/numbers/speed/cannons/a better turner/a lousy connection/a better joysick/favoritism from HT/a bigger noodle/etc. Or ... are we just having fun?

Key: Patience .... maturity .... sense of humor .... ability to either participate in a joking (non-serious) manner. Or maybe just the ability to ignore it all and have fun.

Can't stand losing an argument? Don't argue. Because, man ... you're certainly not gonna win one. Not here in AH. Feel obligated to beech and moan constantly? Well hell ... if you think you're accomplishing anything more than amusement for the masses, you got another thang coming. Just say no. It's not a mandatory thang. It's a voluntary thang. I encourage everyone to try it. You're not really missing anything by stopping.

I pity tha foo!

4. "Making friends and influencing others"

Why is this so hard? Can't most of us do this in real life? Maybe not all ... but most? Why can't I be friends with players that belong to JG54 and the Checkers? Is it a gang thang? I'll be friends with whoever I want. Unless they don't wanna be. Then it's their problem ... not mine.

On the flip side ... I make it clear what I expect from friends. It's not alot. It's basically ... to act friendly. Act friendly to me. Act friendly to my friends. Believe it or not ... we can play a game that involves us virtually shooting each other down and blowing each other up and be friends.

That DOESN'T mean we can't pretend to hate.

HATE ... is a game. It's virtual. Hate the enemy. Hate the bad guy. Hate the oppressor. Hell .. hate your wingman. Hate yourself! Play the role

But don't take it too seriously or you'll end up hating the game. Don't hate the game. It's a GAME! It's a ROLE! Hell ... we got players in the MA that think Rooklandia, Bishoptopia and the Kingdom of Knight are REAL FUGGIN COUNTRIES!

So yeah .... play Jack Nicholson or John Wayne or whoever. Fight the bad guy for God and country. But keep it a game. The guy in the other pixilated virtual airplane (or tank or ship or gun) is another stupid hick with a connection to the internet ... just .. like  ... you. You have WAY more in common than you think.

Play nice. It's not a mandatory thang. It's a voluntary thang. And it's even kinda a fun thang. I encourage everyone to try it. You don't know what you're missing if you don't.

I pity tha foo!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Well Its official
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2004, 05:36:24 AM »
its the jap planes

happens everytime :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

storch

Well Its official
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2004, 07:54:13 AM »
Jamusta was upping repeatedly from a capped field A9 that we were about to capture to prevent the allies from using it as a forward base in the upcoming mission.  I was one of two players capping the field on rotation.  I let him up a few times and he became a nuisance, other players shot him down.  Finally I vultched him 4 times til he apparantly got the idea and left.  The same thing goes for skratt only the other guy kept vultching him.

My suggestion would be not to up from a capped field.  It's pretty obvious what was going on.

BTW I knew I would see this thread today.

Also,  We had a flood of mostly MA players in the Arena last night when I was on.  The numbers were 26 Allied to 15 Axis when I logged.  One could hardly be surprised by MA players playing MA and other MA players finding the game play to be like the MA :D   I'm sure the niuance escapes you.

As a very regular CT player who occasionally goes into the MA I can say that the differences are blaring, except when we have many MA players in the arena.

Still I hope that squads like the 68th "Lightning Lancers" would participate more often in the CT.  They put up stiff fights and fought well together.  They also put up a very credible bombing mission that would have succeeded had the arena been running realistic radar not that gamey crap the CT staff insists on using.  They tried to come in NOE, sadly NOE seems to be a thing of the past in the CT.  Irrespectively a hearty congrats to the 68th on a great effort.  You are a fine group of players.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Well Its official
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2004, 09:10:01 AM »
Originally posted by storch
Jamusta was upping repeatedly from a capped field A9 that we were about to capture to prevent the allies from using it as a forward base in the upcoming mission.  I was one of two players capping the field on rotation.  I let him up a few times and he became a nuisance, other players shot him down.  Finally I vultched him 4 times til he apparantly got the idea and left.  The same thing goes for skratt only the other guy kept vultching him.

My suggestion would be not to up from a capped field.  It's pretty obvious what was going on.

BTW I knew I would see this thread today.

Also,  We had a flood of mostly MA players in the Arena last night when I was on.  The numbers were 26 Allied to 15 Axis when I logged.  One could hardly be surprised by MA players playing MA and other MA players finding the game play to be like the MA :D   I'm sure the niuance escapes you.

As a very regular CT player who occasionally goes into the MA I can say that the differences are blaring, except when we have many MA players in the arena.

Still I hope that squads like the 68th "Lightning Lancers" would participate more often in the CT.  They put up stiff fights and fought well together.  They also put up a very credible bombing mission that would have succeeded had the arena been running realistic radar not that gamey crap the CT staff insists on using.  They tried to come in NOE, sadly NOE seems to be a thing of the past in the CT.  Irrespectively a hearty congrats to the 68th on a great effort.  You are a fine group of players.

I'm curious , how did the flood of MA players (assume you're talking about the 68 guys)  make the CT like the MA  ?

They were running some fun missions/flights from what I could see

Not sure what you mean by this - more like the MA, because of a few extra players.
I come from a land downunder

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
Well Its official
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2004, 09:14:37 AM »
Storch.

I come into the CT to find a good fight. If you dont want to fight let me know. I find it difficult to take that you guys are capturing fields with 12 people online. My whole take on the situation is this, a few JB's came into the arena the other night and did exactly what you guys were doing last night. They made the #'s advantage go for the allies. The axis got pushed back to their field then they started vulching. You switched sides and start blasting the MA players calling them Mprettythangholes and telling them to go back to the MA with the gaminess. After that it seems most JG-54 guys logged. Yet you justify you doing it  because you were capturing a base?