Author Topic: Well Its official  (Read 2667 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Well Its official
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2004, 06:07:29 PM »
Originally posted by bustr
DoK,

I know you fly under a different ID so I have no idea what time you came in last night. While I was there, the Nippon side was usually 4-5 guys less than the U.S. side. I asked if a few would change over to even it up. So what if I got heckled. I winged with storch and almetal for a few and we dumped 47's and 38's in the drink. Urchin dumped me. Jamusta sorry for what happened to you. Still on the previous map you seemed to have a great deal of fun along with the rest of us.

CT has some bad nights with MA folks playing MA style. It's ok. Most of the time I've flown in the CT the CT regulars make it worth the momentary inconvieniences. Last night was unusual in that the channel 1 conversations were not as fun as I have come to expect.

But I have faith, I'll be back to the CT I fly for the regulars anyway...GUYS

Seeing guys like Buster in the game makes it all worthwhile to me. I consider him one of my new best CT friends. :D

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Well Its official
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2004, 06:30:09 PM »
Arlo,

Right now I keep coming back for the banter and the fact that most of the players will give you a or indulge my rediculous humor. I'm incredibly impressed with the high level of impromptu vox communications between pilots to fly in support of each other. Storch flew pickup with me last night. We were in Nik1J. with no planning we called the cons and knocked them down as though we had been flying squaddees for a long time. All of the CT regulars have this quality.

Since I have been in the CT, more players have been willing to talk on vox and help each other then I have ever seen outside of squads in the MA. I've also noticed even the yahoos or grouchies will talk to you if you are persistant. They even tone it down a little if you just talk to them. It can be a tad discouraging or demeaning talking with them, but again if you stay positive most of the CT responds that way.

This game is between our ears. It's not the responsibility of anyone here to make you feel good. Thats your job. Its their job to shoot holes in your crate and send you a because you were willing to come to the CT and play.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

storch

Well Its official
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2004, 06:33:26 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
I guess you understand why I have not been back.  Tired of high speed HOs from 190s and people like Storch

You are very wrong and I will ask other CT regulars to please answer these questions.

Does storch regularly:

1. attack head on
2. fly the 190
3. vultch

What happened? did I pop a 20mm cap into your weenie arse and anger you?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 06:49:07 PM by storch »

storch

Well Its official
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2004, 06:39:22 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Seeing guys like Buster in the game makes it all worthwhile to me. I consider him one of my new best CT friends. :D

I like bustr a lot too

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Well Its official
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2004, 06:39:36 PM »
Storch,

When you are not stomping on the ducklings that follow you around the field, you are a very principled and considerate CT regular. What do you want, a case of scotch and 2 days in a bordelo???????????????????:)
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Well Its official
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2004, 06:44:18 PM »
Funny.........

The only one I ever see flying a N1K2 is Storch.............

:D

Any rumors that I've been in one are vicious lies!  Sorta.  

Actually I'd love having more early planeset stuff.  Much more challenging for the other guy to kill me if he's only got MGs lol.  I'll take a P40 or a F4F over the Juginator anyday, heck even the SBD is fun (although it climbs worse than a fat man tryin to climb a greased pole.

:D

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Well Its official
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2004, 06:50:03 PM »
The key isn't organization on the individual squad level. It's organization on an entire arena level.

I agree with you completely, but this organization will lack a foundation with out a CT staffer dedicated to the cause.

Would be more than willing to  help attempt build a scenario-like atmosphere for those that would be interested in it( I do think the open feeling of the arena should be maintainied).  But can't help feel that it would all be a wasted effort to plan an operational level mission for each Thursday and find out that 1/2 the time there will be no staffer there to help make adjustments and help score it.

Would be nice to believe that it could be done without strong admin leadership, but I don't believe it can.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Well Its official
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2004, 06:51:08 PM »
Goood lord you can type  :)

Perhaps an organized arena is more along the lines of what would help things in the CT. A scenario-like atmosphere that regularly permeates the arena.

Wouldn't this make it more like the special events arena?

Thursday night missions was going to help that along but it's kinda fallen apart. I think that's because it hasn't ever really been approached as a scenario.

This is what I ment by organized squads.....

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Well Its official
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2004, 07:04:36 PM »
But can't help feel that it would all be a wasted effort to plan an operational level mission for each Thursday and find out that 1/2 the time there will be no staffer there to help make adjustments and help score it.

The new staffers will be operating soon. The sky isnt falling.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Well Its official
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2004, 07:10:05 PM »
Originally posted by soda72
I would like to see more organized squads in the CT....

But when we see more and more "lone wolf" types flying in the CT when the arena number gets around 30 it leads to a game style play that pisses off CT regulars.

this seems to be a common theme that I don't understand . Storch also talks about how how the MA'ers ruin the game play.

As primarily an MA'er that spends some time in the CT also , what exactly is it that we do that ruins gameplay for the regulars ?

As far as i can remember , I fly both sides to even numbers,  don't vulch , fly a mix of planes....

If there's a list of unwritten rules that we are supposed to be breaking , can you point me to them .
I come from a land downunder

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Well Its official
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2004, 07:11:34 PM »
Heck there is not even a staffer around to change the scenario or the MOTD.  No wonder we can't get folks in the arena.  It should be the TT arena not the CT.  It takes a few days for the thing to settle down for the new week!

T hrown T ogether....

I'm not talkin a lack of maps either.

The new staffers will be operating soon. The sky isnt falling.

You check outside in the last few minutes?

;)

Crumpp

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Well Its official
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2004, 07:13:53 PM »
Heck there is not even a staffer around to change the scenario or the MOTD

There isnt? Could have fooled me:rolleyes:

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Well Its official
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2004, 07:23:27 PM »
At about 30+ players the conversations on channel 1 change from good natured razzing to something a littel more akin to the MA channel 200. I think the increase in numbers reduces the feelings of being a group of freinds enjoying a common activity and the communication that engenders it. As the numbers go up the vox conversations become more localised between small groups while the emotional results of failed duels starts to increase on channel1.

The UNWRITTEN RULE is - Care more about everyones experience in the CT than just your OWN.

We become isolated from the fun when the numbers of players increase.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Well Its official
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2004, 07:23:46 PM »
Heck there is not even a staffer around to change the scenario or the MOTD

MMMMMMM

There isnt? Could have fooled me

Well Get BUSY!

:)

Crumpp

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Well Its official
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2004, 07:29:52 PM »
Just checked the CT.  That was an amazing transformation.  

I am speechless.

:lol

Seriously, I am begging you.  Down on my knees and fully aware of your godlike CT powers....

NOT ANOTHER WEEK OF THE PACWAR!!

If you must have another painful PACWAR week, then at least make it something with the Corsair in it.  The way at least part of the CT (The VF-17 guys) will enjoy it.

You can see by my avatar I am not and allied frequent flyer.

Thanks

:aok

Crumpp