Author Topic: Tank ditches in own VH  (Read 467 times)

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
Tank ditches in own VH
« on: October 12, 2004, 09:30:57 AM »
End mission inside your own vehicle hangar and get "you have ditched" message.  (of course I was in a tiger lol)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Tank ditches in own VH
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 06:46:42 AM »
To land a vehicle mission, you stop on the runway, just like a plane.  If there are enemy in the area you will get a ditch no matter where you are.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
Tank ditches in own VH
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 11:59:37 AM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
To land a vehicle mission, you stop on the runway, just like a plane.  If there are enemy in the area you will get a ditch no matter where you are.

You sure? It didn't used to work that way--as long as you made it to a friendly VH (we're talking VH bases here) you were granted a successful landing regardless if there were nme around or not.

Pesonally in AH2 I've had it happen as Zanth described it and I've also landed successfully in the "grass" within the perimeter of the VH base while under fire--I always thought it was a map issue but perhaps not.

h

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Tank ditches in own VH
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 12:43:35 PM »
Not just that.
An aircraft HAS to be on the runway or in the hanger at an airfield for a successfull landing.
Yet - you get a successfull landing close to a VH or port (grass or hardstand).

I always thougth a successful GV landing was in ANY friendly VH, at least thats the way it used to be. In fact on any hardstanding at the vehicle base/port/airfield used to be the way it worked.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
Tank ditches in own VH
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 03:36:01 PM »
If the enemy is outside of a specific distance you can land it.  I will get with HT to find the specific distance.

According to HT, but I will check again, the vehicle is supposed to be on the runway, undamaged, and far enough from the enemy to be able to land successfully.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Tank ditches in own VH
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 03:57:57 PM »
so if i wanna land my tiger on my base on the runway and if theres a enemy gv lets say 1.5k away in the trees and/or a enemy plane de-ackin the field will i ditch or land?

Offline flyingaround

• Nickel Member
Tank ditches in own VH
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 04:43:36 PM »
Don't wanna argue with the all mighty Skuzzy (bows down... i'm not worthy!) BUT the original post said he was IN his OWN vehicle hanger.  If you IN the hanger it's a successful landing.  

What you are describing (the appropriate distance) might/should more pertain to being in general on a vh or spawn point (tho' I'm not 100% on the vbase), or an nme field/vbase.

If you are IN your OWN vhanger, you should land successfully, even if an nme is two feet away shooting you.
WMLute

III/JG26 9th ST WidowMakers

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
Tank ditches in own VH
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004, 04:46:08 PM »
I am just a messenger on this one flying.  It would not be too hard of a stretch for someone to know more than I do in this area.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Tank ditches in own VH
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2004, 05:00:44 PM »
Would have to disagree-
Many times I have ditched a plane at a VH or port, not on concrete but on the grass in what would considered part of the overall base. Every time I have got a successfull landing enemies or no enemies, same goes for vehicles as long as I am on concrete (around vh or the roads). Only time I ever got a ditch was on OzKansas and I spoke to Fester about it.
(This was prior to re-work for AH2) Turned out that out of the 4 or 5 vhs at the base only the ones with light colored terrain beneath them were 'true' vhs.
I wonder if this is the same now, only difference being you can't see the terrain beneath the surface.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Tank ditches in own VH
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2004, 09:52:27 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
Not just that.
An aircraft HAS to be on the runway or in the hanger at an airfield for a successfull landing.
Yet - you get a successfull landing close to a VH or port (grass or hardstand).

I always thougth a successful GV landing was in ANY friendly VH, at least thats the way it used to be. In fact on any hardstanding at the vehicle base/port/airfield used to be the way it worked.

Kev...this subject is makin me gray. LOL
The Land/Ditch system is and was a mindless nonlogical event in AH.
without hijacking a bug thread ill just say this and shut it.
Landing on the grass at an Airbase and landing on the grass at a Vbase should NOT be seen by the system as different events period! Its simply a contradiction.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Tank ditches in own VH
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2004, 12:56:58 AM »
Mugzee - I totally agree, they shouldn't be different events, yet they are.
There is still no rhyme or reason to what gives you either a successful landing or a ditch or even a death for that matter.

Case in point you spawn to spawn point, then exit right away - if someone happens to be close it counts as a death. This despite the fact it may be a fighter 5000ft above you going other way etc.

Don't forget the guy you take a wing tip off, crashes into the ground and he only gets a ditch!!!!!
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Tank ditches in own VH
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2004, 06:06:03 AM »
so noted.

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Tank ditches in own VH
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2004, 06:56:57 AM »
Yep.. should rework the land ditch model to something more reasonable.

- it seems to work diffrent for planes and vehicles

-its unpredictable... on a vh base its possible to land while being on gras with a plane but can also ditch on concrete

- its problematic after a reset.. can loose perk rides