Author Topic: U.S.A. violent crimes drop 3% but....  (Read 2915 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
U.S.A. violent crimes drop 3% but....
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2004, 11:38:09 AM »
You are absolutely correct. I was just starting by pointing out the huge unemployment rate for teens and balck teens.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2004, 11:41:28 AM »
In July, the national unemployment rate dropped to 5.5%. In stark contrast, teenagers saw a 5% increase in their unemployment rate up to 17.6%. African-American teens experienced an increase in unemployment of over 13% and now face an unemployment rate of 37.0%. This was the fourth straight month unemployment increased for this group - an alarming 31% increase over that period.

http://www.axcessnews.com/national_080804.shtml

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2004, 11:49:13 AM »
It's allright MT... even tho blacks are for more violent than whites and commit more per capita gun crimes I do not advocate taking guns away from all blacks.

lazs

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2004, 11:49:16 AM »
That's still a one year snapshot.

If you want to educate me, show me teen unemployment over the last decade or so.

One dot on a graph doesn't really show much, unless you see the ones before and/or after it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2004, 11:51:40 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
It's allright MT... even tho blacks are for more violent than whites and commit more per capita gun crimes I do not advocate taking guns away from all blacks.

lazs

I got no problem with that statement lazs, as long as you are not suggesting that their race has anything to do with it.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2004, 12:04:44 PM »
I have no idea what the reasons are, only that in America, blacks commit violent crimes and gun crimes and especially homicides far out of proportion to their numbers.

If all blacks were instantly gone from the U.S. we would have only half the fireams homicides (about the same per capita as say... canada).

That does not mean that I advocate treating one racial group differently than another

Those blacks who do not commit gun crimes should not be deprived of their rights just because a disproportionate number of their race is to blame for the high homicide and gun crimes.

One cannot point to gun violence in America tho without bringing up the contribution to it made by blacks.

In my opinion.... this is just unfortunate...  if a cause can be found we should  try to rectify it.   The number of gun crimes is irrelevant tho to the rights of the law abiding of any race to have firearms...

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2004, 12:08:25 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
I got no problem with that statement lazs, as long as you are not suggesting that their race has anything to do with it.

Nurturing and culture certainly do though.  And I'm speaking of this inner city culture thats developed over the last 30 years or so.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: U.S.A. violent crimes drop 3% but....
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2004, 12:37:10 PM »
Ooooh, another gun thread - so soon after the last!
Originally posted by Ripsnort's article
The report showed more than two-thirds of last year's murders were committed with a firearm, roughly the same portion as every year since 1999. Americans for Gun Safety, a nonpartisan advocacy group, said that demonstrated the government's inability to stop criminals from obtaining guns.

"It's not surprising that we've made little dent in the rate of violent crimes committed with firearms, because criminals continue to get easy access to guns," said Casey Anderson, the group's executive director.
Well there's a big freaking surprise, when there's a flood of hundreds of millions of guns, and more pouring onto the streets from thousands of gun shops. :rolleyes:

More guns less crime? :lol
Note the blanket statement. The governement can't stop criminals from obtaining guns. It's true here, despite thousands of laws on the books to prevent exactly that. It's true in England, despite laws that have banned and confiscated guns.
 England makes it a lot harder by NOT retailing guns in every neighbourhood, and by making possession punishable with a mandatory 5 year jail sentence. I refuse to believe that these steps do not make a difference. This is borne out by our relatively low gun homicide tally, and the fact that criminals have to resort to using imitation guns which cannot be fired. Offences in which these objects are used are still deemed to be "gun crimes", so don't be confused by the apparent increase in Britain's level of gun crime.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2004, 01:27:37 PM »
Boy howdy Beet1e,

For not being an advocate of stronger gun control, you sure have a lot to say about it.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2004, 01:59:26 PM »
The story is talking about 1-3% drops. Get real. Anything from a particularly cold winter, a hot summer, or just different reporting classifications or techniques could account for such a small deviation. Talk about a non-story...

But here's the litmus test - did you feel 1-3% safer?

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2004, 02:03:39 PM »
I have no idea what the reasons are, only that in America, blacks commit violent crimes and gun crimes and especially homicides far out of proportion to their numbers.

If all blacks were instantly gone from the U.S. we would have only half the fireams homicides (about the same per capita as say... canada).

That does not mean that I advocate treating one racial group differently than another

Those blacks who do not commit gun crimes should not be deprived of their rights just because a disproportionate number of their race is to blame for the high homicide and gun crimes.

One cannot point to gun violence in America tho without bringing up the contribution to it made by blacks.

In my opinion.... this is just unfortunate...  if a cause can be found we should  try to rectify it.   The number of gun crimes is irrelevant tho to the rights of the law abiding of any race to have firearms...

What about bike gangs?  Your old buddies set up the meth labs, crack houses, distribution networks etc and then self policed it for years.

They then essentially use poor blacks as their "end users"...not just end-users though....they are generally the end sellers too.  They use them as cheap labour and the easy pickings for the cops and then they blame all the gun violence on a racial group that they themselves set up to be the fall guys for.

Get rid of the bike gangs and their crimminal networks and you'd see a HUGE decrease in gun violence.

How's about them apples?
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2004, 02:33:02 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
A sure sign of a slow economy.

Poor kids without jobs tend to join gangs.

"IT TAKES A VILLAGE"

;)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2004, 02:35:34 PM »
yep... my "old buddies" and me, were scum of the earth.... lot of em still are.  sociopaths.   The establishment had no qualms and very little public outcry about going after us, neo nazis and white criminals, with everything they had... the rico act was one and...

Most importantly... the went after us in the way that worked... known criminals are not suppossed to associate with each other... if caught.. they can get anything from a misdomeaner citation to a parole violation..

How that worked was they simply pulled over cars or groups of bikers and if they found felons or people on parole or probation.... arrested em.   It worked really well.  sure... some pretend "bikers" who were just kids got harrassed but....they completly squashed any real biker gang organized crime...  It doesn't exist except in isolated little pockets now and never will again is my guess..

they could do the exact same thing now but it would mean pulling over cars full of blacks or other minorities that were dressed like gangbangers.   sure... a few inocent minorities would get harrassed but I am sure that would be no problem right curval?  Just takes the courage to do the right thing...

I make no excuses for who I was and am not whining about how I was treated back then but if you think todays group of grey beard gucci leather wearing weakend "bikers" are the problem then you have a laughable idea of "gangs" in the U.S.

No U.S. politician has the courage to do the right thing.

lazs

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2004, 02:37:58 PM »
As for poverty causing crime... I believe that is not true.   Apalachia is not a hot bed of crime for instance nor did people turn to crime in the depression in huge numbers.

let em run wild and they will run wild.... boys will be boys.   Not really too complex.

and beetle.... I would be more than glad to have a federal 5 year mandatory sentance added for any gun crime where there was violence.

lazs

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2004, 02:39:19 PM »

Most importantly... the went after us in the way that worked... known criminals are not suppossed to associate with each other... if caught.. they can get anything from a misdomeaner citation to a parole violation..

How that worked was they simply pulled over cars or groups of bikers and if they found felons or people on parole or probation.... arrested em.   It worked really well.  sure... some pretend "bikers" who were just kids got harrassed but....they completly squashed any real biker gang organized crime...  It doesn't exist except in isolated little pockets now and never will again is my guess..

they could do the exact same thing now but it would mean pulling over cars full of blacks or other minorities that were dressed like gangbangers.   sure... a few inocent minorities would get harrassed but I am sure that would be no problem right curval?  Just takes the courage to do the right thing...

I make no excuses for who I was and am not whining about how I was treated back then but if you think todays group of grey beard gucci leather wearing weakend "bikers" are the problem then you have a laughable idea of "gangs" in the U.S.

No U.S. politician has the courage to do the right thing.

lazs

But...but...Lazs, that is called  RACIAL PROFILING! :rofl