Author Topic: Who said this?  (Read 512 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Who said this?
« on: October 28, 2004, 10:34:43 AM »
a [person] who jumps to conclusions without knowing the facts is not a person you want as your commander in chief.

My favorite quote of the campaign so far.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Who said this?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 10:51:18 AM »
I know it a good one you goof. And I’m actually not sure! This is insane! Tell me! You are holding out till I go crazy, lol! S! You nut! Tee hee.

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Who said this?
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 10:52:10 AM »
Is this a witty way of saying Bush jumped to conclusions about Iraqi WMD?  Pretty lame.  He had the best intelligence info available and made his decisions.  What would you have done?  What would Kerry have done?

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Who said this?
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 10:56:54 AM »
"Our military is now investigating a number of possible scenarios, including that the explosives may have been moved before our troops even arrived at the site," Mr. Bush told a Republican crowd in Lancaster, Pa. "This investigation is important and it's ongoing, and a political candidate who jumps to conclusions without knowing the facts is not a person you want as your commander in chief."

Some might compare Bushs belief regarding WMD in Iraq as comparable to Kerry and the explosives nonsense, but that would too simplisitic.  Bush was relying on the information provided by the nations top intelligence gathering agency, later felt to be faulty, while Kerry was relying on the NYT, a newspaper that has been proving to be less than a honest bastion of reporting.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2004, 10:59:48 AM by Dago »
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
Who said this?
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 10:57:25 AM »
hehe. Bush said it. A perfect pot-->kettle moment.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2004, 11:00:49 AM by Horn »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Who said this?
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 11:14:48 AM »
The way things are shaking out..... who knows what was in iraq?    Seems iraqis took american troops to sites that they claimed had WMD and those sites were empty.   Does that mean that they never were there?  don't know.  

If you go by all the intellegence from several countries and then act  the way more than 80% of the country wants you to act after getting the best coalition of countries you can manage (all those who don't have some illegal dealings with iraq) well....

That seems somewhat different than a candidate going ballistic based on the report of...  wait for it.... cbs news.

in the former example.... even today new evidence is coming out .... In the latter case.... he was made to look like a fool allmost as the words left his mouth...

so far as irony goes.... kerrie is the big winner of the irony prize with his statement about how Bush "rushed" to war without  any evidence.

lazs

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Who said this?
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 11:34:13 AM »
Originally posted by Creamo
I know it a good one you goof. And I’m actually not sure! This is insane! Tell me! You are holding out till I go crazy, lol! S! You nut! Tee hee.

And here all this time I thought I was too subtle for the room. Thanks for your insight and depth Creamo... I am vindicated by your intelligent response. All those people who say you suck are wrong.. ALL of them.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
Who said this?
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 11:59:12 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2

If you go by all the intellegence from several countries and then act  the way more than 80% of the country wants you to act after getting the best coalition of countries you can manage (all those who don't have some illegal dealings with iraq) well....

lazs

That's just down right funny, even more so coming from Laz.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Who said this?
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 11:59:31 AM »
I suck? Who said that?

List them.  I'd be happy to discuss any topic with them, and discuss why YOU just can’t make any new thread in the O’Club that is fun. In fact, just idiotic political boring crap.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Who said this?
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 01:12:08 PM »
it's a good thing bush didn't "rush to war" any faster than he did or our troops might have found the WMD and 380 tons of bangbang. how embarrassing it would have been to find our russian allies loading trucks with the stuff.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Who said this?
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2004, 01:48:43 PM »
Boy the nerve of that John sKerry  trying to insinuate that our great leader George Bush disregarded the military’s advise and sent less than 1/3 the number of troops to secure the country and it’s 995 known ammo dumps.

Everybody’s nose that the oil ministries had to be secured first!... Ammo Dumps?.. he should know Iraq is a dangerous place!

That Jon Kerry is such a poppyhead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heya Toad, I was up here about a month ago briefly. Saw your post about health issues, your in my prayers bro.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Who said this?
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2004, 02:15:39 PM »
10bears , you silly , john heinz-kerry has been saying Iraq was no threat, now he says it was such a big threat that bush should have sent in more troops to fight "the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time".

john heinz-kerry::" bush should have sent in more/no troops, later/sooner, to fight/not fight the threat/no threat of Iraq and i JFK(war hero/protester of 3 months with many medals that i did/did not throw away) will do what bush is doing but will do it better because i "have a plan","

yess, it is very clear now

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Who said this?
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2004, 02:30:15 PM »
this is really funny.... Bush led probly the most sucessful and least expensive in American lives, war of all time and now some of you wussies are saying he didn't do enough?

lazs

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
Who said this?
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2004, 02:37:45 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
this is really funny.... Bush led probly the most sucessful and least expensive in American lives, war of all time and now some of you wussies are saying he didn't do enough?

lazs

Define successful? AFAIK the war is still ongoing...unless of course you're referring to the declaration regarding the end of hostile activities in April 2003.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Who said this?
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2004, 02:38:34 PM »
Originally posted by Creamo
I suck? Who said that?

List them.  I'd be happy to discuss any topic with them, and discuss why YOU just can’t make any new thread in the O’Club that is fun. In fact, just idiotic political boring crap.

You cut me to the quick. So much so that I actually looked to see if my "new threads" were political. Since October 1st they have covered the following topics:

1. Mr Wizard
2. Cool WW2 Trivia
3. Famous people in WW2
4. Eagler's health (political)
5. Stem Cell research
6. The right to party
7. Bush's support by Iranian minister
8. This here thread.

I will accept your apology in writing.

Oh wait..  :aok <--- signifies what is up your ***.