Author Topic: 2.01 bug report  (Read 487 times)

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
2.01 bug report
« on: November 02, 2004, 08:59:31 PM »
B-24 nose gear max deployment speed is less than the main gear. Lowering the gear at 140mph twice resulted in the nose gear being blown off, while the mains weren't damaged at all.

T-34/76 drives like a sidewinder, constantly swerving side to side with zero stick input even on a runway.

T-34/76 tracks are showing through the rear fender when in motion or at rest. Tiger has this problem too.

T-34/76 shocks are far too springy, allowing it to bounce around like a rubber ball at times.

All vehicles will swerve slightly back towards the original heading they were on after making a turn. Some are much worse (M3/M16, T-34/76) than others, making it difficult to stay on a given heading after a turn.

Pre-set trim for the B-24, Ki-84, Bf-110, and several other aircraft is way off.

Blue blocks appear at the horizon as previously reported by others.

Clipboard is visible through models.

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
2.01 bug report
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 09:20:18 PM »
I noticed the same thing with the nose wheel with the B-24.  Main gear deploys ok, front gear breaks off at speeds where its borderline too fast (stress sound)

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
2.01 bug report
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 12:47:49 AM »
same here. my second flight of 24's ripped nose gear off so I tucked it back in and belly landed it. Stoped faster anywy:)
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
2.01 bug report
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 03:08:17 AM »
A few more for the books...

Ship gun armor is not enough. A single firing pass from a Bf-110G resulted in 17 AA guns on various ships being destroyed. Both armored and unarmored according to the buffer. Pass #2 was made firing only the 30mm, resulting in six 5" twin turrets destroyed. Damage value of the 30mm Mk-108 is far too high to simply increase the hit points of each gun. Request actual armor modeling be applied to ships and their guns.

Weapons are not scaled properly. A single Bf-110 pass with all guns (2x20mm 2x30mm) firing does more damage to ground targets than an HE tank round.

8-inch coastal batteries can not kill tanks (reported by Widewing)

B-24 bomb bay doors retract too slowly, and they retract through the fuselage from the inside to the outside. Actual B-24 bay doors acted like a garage door, rolling up inside the bomb bay.

[edited for a misreported bug]

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
« Last Edit: November 03, 2004, 08:58:37 AM by flakbait »

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
2.01 bug report
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 08:15:55 AM »
Originally posted by flakbait
A few more for the books...

All AA guns now have armor. A single quad 20mm required three 76mm shells from the T-34/76 before it blew. Ship guns were the only ones that had to be armored.

hmm, last night i deacked a field with the T34 MG (thats a 7.62mm?) with little trouble
so that "armour" is not very consistent :confused:

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
2.01 bug report
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 08:56:16 AM »
Funny, I was just coming here to report that! :D

It seems the T-34/76 main gun isn't dealing out much damage, because I experienced the same thing. Three 76mm HE shells or a few dozen 7.62mm bullets? Doesn't seem like anywhere near a fair trade.

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
2.01 bug report
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2004, 08:02:38 AM »
SBD aileron trim indicator is frozen in the center position.

Il-2 still needs far too much rudder trim for normal flight. I thought Pyro fixed this many versions ago?

Tank tracks are not animated on steep slopes or odd grades. They also stop moving at random even when running at top speed on level ground.

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]

Offline Fauxbra

• Zinc Member
2.01 bug report
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2004, 06:29:56 PM »
when landing a Me163B..you can see the ground come up through the floor of the Cockpit when you touchdown

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
2.01 bug report
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2004, 11:10:46 PM »
That reminds me.. Te 163 has a terrible yaw tendency during takeoff. What's causing this on a rocket plane? The small beany prop?

Offline pigface

• Nickel Member
      • Home Systems Integration
B24 - fuly loaded Left Drone Crashes shortly after takeoff
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 06:58:57 PM »
B24, with full fuel, using auto takeoff.
Left Drone (looking ahead) passes lead plane on takeoff. Then proceeds downward just above water. Eventually it crashes. Switching to 75% fuel takes off just fine and al three remain in formation.

Other thant than real nice work guys!
People who like this sort of thing, find this the sort of thig they like.