Author Topic: Why the CT blows chunks...  (Read 5294 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Why the CT blows chunks...
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2004, 10:05:32 AM »
Urchin....

I didnt want to copy your "book" but have to agree with you completely. I guess I'm just a dinasour....

So basically you now have a smaller less friendly version of the MA...whats the point??

BTW...if your ever flying niggit feel free to tag along...AK's actually a great bunch and a nice blend of old school/new school...Nomde and a bunch often join in with us...love ta wing with ya sometime.

This thread wasnt ment entirely as a bash, it was ment to highlight a real problem (at least from my perception). It soundslike Eagler and some of the "old guard" are well aware of the issues. It also seems that the majority of the player base (CT)simply likes it the way it is....kind of sad really...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2004, 10:09:06 AM »
Originally posted by Bear76
Hate to break it to ya, but at least 10 of the top 100 MA pilots fly here fairly frequently.

JB 11
Jg 35
Furball
Dadrabit
Laviathan
Grunherz
Bigmax
Shane
Jamusta
JB 73

Im in the top 100.... oh joy =D

Here is my input on this whole thing.... Humble I have the same feelings you do. Matter of fact I was called the whiner this and that but I have grown used to the taunting. At first I didnt understand why some in the CT felt the need to insult anyone after downing them. They were nothing more than average sticks like myself. They use wingman tactics and they fly pretty timid so whats to brag about? It took me awhile to understand that, that is some folks way of having fun. I try to ignore most of it and attacks on me have died down so its not as bad as it was as when I first started.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2004, 10:18:56 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
as I stated in another thread ,...

the best thing that could happen in CT is to disable the score/rank

2nd best thing is to disable gv's and base capture

what is happening in there now is that ppl see with the low numbers and empty arena, they can score potato into a rank impossible for them in MA .. and they are doing it - and whining when they die - even some of the best pilots in the room are guilty of this ... sad really

that is why even when the sides say they are even, they are not - you got the score dweebs milking some base, running around in GV's in some corner of the map - all in the name of a lower score

the removal of ch 1 is the biggest indicator of how bad CT has sunk...

Well put Eagler. The dedicated CT squads have gotten away from organized squad op missions and it has turned into nothing more than a furball and land grab. Sadly, even disabling channel 1 has had no effect as they use channel 200 for the same thing.

Organized squad ops are what made the CT a fun place to fly for me and until the CT squads get back to that and fly with some respect for other players and squads, the CT's future doesn't look good.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2004, 10:30:15 AM »
Humble,

Some nights I agree with you, and some nights I dont. The best fights I have had have come in the CT, and some of the most frustrating, infuriating nights have too. Some nights its great, some nights it blows chunks, but its not either one all the time.

I like Cobra412, and earlier this year we flew a lot together in the CT. Since then he has come to dislike the CT, but I dont think it is the CT that has changed, rather Cobra412 changed. That is not a condemnation, just what I see.

As to numbers, that  is a double edge sword. Would you rather have 20 in the CT, with 8 out of 10 on each side fighting air to air, or would you like 50 on each side, the extra 30 on each side being MA land grabbing building battlers? I'll take the lower numbers that want a good air to air fight any day. What I would really like to see is 50 on each side in a huge 100 plane furball, but I think thats too much to ask for.

Finally, in respect to channel 1, I dont think channel 1 being turned off is an indicator of anything other than a member of the CT Staff that has relatively thin skin. That should not be seen as a personal jab, because it is not intended to be, just my observation.

Jamusta,

Not everyone in the CT is a jerk are they? Not all of them fly timidly either eh? :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 10:34:34 AM by Grits »

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2004, 10:35:37 AM »
No Grits, I always make sure I add the word "some" in front of generalized statements.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2004, 10:43:27 AM »
Originally posted by Grits

Finally, in respect to channel 1, I dont think channel 1 being turned off is an indicator of anything  

I like channel 1 being disabled, keeps me from talking to myself on channel 200 when I was forgeting to switch channels after I had changed arenas..........

either make channels same in all arenas ( disable Channel1) or ( enable Channel 1 )
is to much confusion for my old brain to remember to switch channels when I switch arenas, and that is in every arena , MA, TA, CT, DA, SEA!
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2004, 10:51:47 AM »
Originally posted by 1HungLo

You fly  against only the best pilots in the CT.

not sure how long you have played AH1 or AH2 but  you sure are very comical :D

seriously there are some great sticks in the CT, but not all the great sticks fly in the CT, I have seen a few of them in the MA as well and some in the DA.......

You know if i catch one of those 10 guys listed above slippin?And land it? That's gonna be priceless.

I hope you do :)  and wish you luck!
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2004, 11:10:40 AM »
Originally posted by jamusta
No Grits, I always make sure I add the word "some" in front of generalized statements.

I know Jam, just poking a little fun.

VWE

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2004, 11:39:21 AM »
what you have as a rule is a small group of players who often abuse and undermine your goals...tell me how often is the CT porked and needs to be reset???

Actually because these areans tend to be smaller, they are quite easy to pork and it happens on a regular basis. How long have you been flying in the CT again?

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2004, 11:39:34 AM »
Thanks to all for taking a few moments to comment....

Grits,

I know exactly what your trying to say....and yes some of the best fights I ever had were in the CT...and truthfully I hardly ever see those guys up in the CT anymore. It used to be you'd get exactly what your describing as the rule....not the exception. What I saw was a small group herding togeather that were able to make an impact only because of the low #'s not the skill of the players (sehob being the exception).

I'd of upped all day and gladly fought any number of 1 on 2,3 even four...but if your gonna have 2-3 guys "semi-furballing" with 4-5 others swooping you...your really not getting a fight worth fighting.

I've been here since Beta, and I do feel the CT changed...urchin hit the nail on the head...it's a different game. Sadly someone brought the MA to the CT and it never left. I'll continue to pop in a bit...maybe I'm wrong....I certainly hope so....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2004, 11:44:13 AM »
Originally posted by jamusta

I think you can get away with "most"

:D
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2004, 12:00:22 PM »
Originally posted by VWE
Actually because these areans tend to be smaller, they are quite easy to pork and it happens on a regular basis. How long have you been flying in the CT again?

Since they put it up (under various "handles")...how bout you??

It seems the long time "vets" know exactly what I'm trying to say (not implying that they agree entirely). VWE back in "the good old days" the CT was where you went to find a "good fight". As a general rule nobody got vulched...in fact it wasnt uncommon (from me and many others) to tell the guy taking off to "call" the fight once they got a bit of alt.

Once a fight got to 1 on 2 the 3rd guy stayed out...in fact it was common for an inbound player to announce he was "guns cold" if he saw a good 1 on 1 or 1 on 2. If it was 6 to 3 then someone would switch...in fact it got funny cause to many would switch and it would be 3 to 6 all of a sudden:).

Now obviously when we had the 20-30 guys to rumble it got a bit more intense...but never the BS you see now. Urchin said it best...I come from a different "ERA" of the game. To give you an example I notice you handle the KI-61 pretty good in here...but in the MA you fly C-hog/La-7/Nikki primarily...well I fly the Ki-61 in the MA...usually at 10k or less. You seem to insist on making this some kind of a "skill" issue....it's not. It's about growing and nurturing a player base...back when I started in a land far far away (AW) RR was the minors and FR was the "big league". If you wanted to make the jump they'd beat ya like a drum till ya figured it out...but in there own way they were fair....merciless...but fair.

Thats the reason I was a trainer here way back when. In 1999/2000 this was the most merciless enviornment in combat sims...probably more good sticks than ever in 1 place. Baby seals had almost no chance...obviously things changed as it grew....but then you had 100 guys up and 80 of em knew there stuff cold. If you were gonna land 5 pelts you did it going thru a bunch like the ones bear76 listed...thats what flew AH then....

So yes I know what it was (both the MA and the CT) and maybe thatswhat I hoped might still be here....sadly what I saw was baby seals with numbers and Uzi's:(

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2004, 12:16:41 PM »
Originally posted by humble
back in "the good old days" the CT was where you went to find a "good fight". As a general rule nobody got vulched...in fact it wasnt uncommon (from me and many others) to tell the guy taking off to "call" the fight once they got a bit of alt.

Once a fight got to 1 on 2 the 3rd guy stayed out...in fact it was common for an inbound player to announce he was "guns cold" if he saw a good 1 on 1 or 1 on 2. If it was 6 to 3 then someone would switch...in fact it got funny cause to many would switch and it would be 3 to 6 all of a sudden:)  

them was some fun eventful times!

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2004, 01:36:49 PM »
Umm........you mean everyone dont do that no more?  

If I see the bad guys outnumber somebody from my side I'll jump in without asking.  If its base defense or some situation where its every man for himself for awhile, I jump anything red and shoot it.  If I see a 1v1 and I'm crusing, looking for a fight .......... I stay out unless the good guy asks for help.  

You can blame TC for my manners.  :D  Hey, that means I can also blame TC for my poor kill record!  All those cherrypicks I passed up.........

Hehe.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2004, 01:41:07 PM »
Oh and Humble, I enjoy flying the Ki-61 in the MA as well, although I dont often fly there unless I have time to kill and the CT is empty.  If I'm not in the Ki-61 or the Ki-84 (now) I'm in a 109F-4.  I've tried the others off and on, I just cant get a good feel for them.  I find the Ki-61 responds well to being trimmed out for level flight at 200mph.  Going faster gives it just a bit of lift from the elevator trim but it stays stable.  

Not that I'd presume to give you advice on how to fly.  Just sharing an observation.

Thanks.

SA2