Author Topic: Why the CT blows chunks...  (Read 5333 times)

Offline KootDawg

• Zinc Member
Why the CT blows chunks...
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2004, 08:56:47 AM »
I can see where Humble is comming from.......

I have been flying in AH for about a year now. Maybe longer. An Avereage stick really but I loved the CT.. Statred in the MA with the Masses but afer 1 month went to the CT and on my 3rd night there I joined up with Lowe and Hawk and SeaBees... I was impressed with the way flying was...

The #'s were lower and I was allowed to get off the runway before being engaged. Atleast I had a min or 2 of fly time before I was shot down...... Basically no Vulching....

It has changed now... Not only do you get Vulched but when you get a fair shot on some peeps you get all this flack of "I ran out of gas" or I was RTB my engine died." This gets annoying. are a thing of the past. Someone that use to shot me down once every 3-4 min now has to accept that I can shoot him down and they can't. I didn't vulch in the CT until one week I maybe got 15 min in the air out of trying like 100 times. Watched milkrunners on a V-Base take it and then kill me when I was talking to them and then they laughed at me telling me "what you gonna do about it??"

CT used to have Squad nights where one side had an objective and the other side was to foul it up.. What happened to those night??:confused: :(  
They were dome of the most fun nights..

Having fn in the CT lately is hard to come by. The name calling now has turned me off. The unsportsman like conduct has really turned me off also. But I have not left the CT entirely I still come there because there are some good guys there and the fights can be enjoyable.

Just my observations & 2-cents worth...
:aok

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2004, 09:50:03 AM »
You need to remember that  not all the name calling and insults are to be taken at face value.

Last night for instance I was called an alt dweeb (when in fact a lot of the time i was bottom of the pigpile)

Followed by gang banger when a fight that started as 2v2 ended up as a 2 v1 after 2 died and a third jumped in.

Funny though i was not accused of cheating even though a lot of the time i was alongside Shane :D

A lot of the time its just Banter, and as long as both know it then its fine.

However as an outsider looking on it can be easily misunderstood.

Then of course some people/squads just set themselves up and almost demand to have the piss taken out of them.

ITS......SO......HARD....TO.. ....RESIST.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2004, 12:32:48 AM »
Besides that, its understood that its easier to get under some people's skin easier than others, and if you can give yourself an edge by needling somebody relentlessly and making them screw up ................

Well, you get the picture.  Besides, most of the name calling and cussing is done good naturedly by guys who regularly kill each other.  When it does get heated, it cools off fast enough.  As my wife says (with her eyes rolled upwards) "Boys being boys".

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2004, 08:54:21 AM »
Excellent post Urchin.
------------------------
CO CM daddog
Squad Operations
332nd Flying Mongrels
332nd Roster
Special Events
Noses in the wind since 1997.
daddog@hitechcreations.com

A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends. - Baltasar Gracian
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline tce2506

• Copper Member
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2004, 06:54:53 AM »
I guess Since I've only been flying less that a year I missed the "Good Times". Personally I find the CT to be much better than the MA. The players(most) seem to be alot more respectful(trash talk aside), and more willing to help with questions. My fights are typically longer and more enjoyable. With the exception of a few people, I typically see people pass the shot on the initial merge and have seen people back off once you're smokin' and headed for home. I can't stand the MA anymore and will only go there when there are 0 people in the CT. As far as I'm concerned, the CT Rocks and I hope you all continue to fly it. OH well, guess I'm just a newb without the doom and gloom syndrome.

Offline Phaser11

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2004, 09:23:51 AM »
CT?
 I had to give up the CT because it is now like the rest of the game. If I fly in the Main Arena, I can fly any aircraft I want. So it is the same, just more planes. The challenge in the CT is the same in the MA. HO on the first pass, no matter what (I learned that from the best).
 As for the planes being equal? I was having problems in the last map (PTO) and these KI84 things kept giving me trouble. Not just Hoing either, they just turn like heck. So I thought I would try one. Over to the other side I went. Zoom, up I went in the KI84. 10 minutes later I landed my first 2 kills. Those poor blue airplanes never had a chance. I must have pulled 60g’s and never blacked out! It was so cool (I got to buy one!), so off I went again. Up up and away! Here comes a P-38, he HO’ed me… Up up and away! Here comes a P-38, he HO’ed me… Up up and away! Here comes a P-38, he HO’ed me… Up up and away! Here comes a F4U, he HO’ed me… Up up and away! Here comes a P-47, he HO’ed me…, hmmm OK back over to the other side. Up up and away! Here comes a KI84, he HO’ed me… Up up and away! Here comes a KI84, he HO’ed me… Up up and away! Here comes a Niki, he HO’ed me… Up up and away! Here comes a Zeek, he HO’ed me… Up up and away! Here comes a seagull, he HO’ed me…
 Well good luck you crazy guys in the CT. I will fly there in the again someday, if my squad ask’s. Otherwise, come on over to the MA and we can have a HO contest and see who is the better HO???????

:aok
Phaser11,

"Long time we no get drunk together nathen"
"Silence! I kill you"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2004, 10:37:22 AM »
lot of Hoing goin on there Phaser11, might want to try to avoid them :)   if the opponent is going for a Head On everytime, you should be able to beat him to the angles advantage first........
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2004, 11:08:02 AM »
I have NEVER been hit in a HO when I tried to avoid it. The only time I have ever been hit in HO is when on the rare occasion that I am going for one too, and in that case I deserved what I got.

The CT and the MA are not the same, they both have their +'s and -'s. Neither of them is perfect, but on balance I much perfer the CT.

Offline Shac

• Zinc Member
Why the CT blows chunks
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2004, 02:04:52 PM »
I thinkI have read every post that has been made on this subject,to date.As many of you in CT may or may not have noticed,I have been absent for awhile. Some of the reasons have been stated by Humble. I started in Ct with the 325th Checkertails several years ago. Went trhu a few squads to Bombers which I "grew up" on. Back then I agree that the culture was greatly different than it is today, much the worse for CT. Among other things.. way too much insulting, bragging, etc. From a Bombers standpoint, haveing more than one fighter attacking was par for the course in the real world. But... would personally take them on one at a time since I would be the only gunner.My complaint is that those whoset up the Plane sets give us"Bomber pilots", crappy choices, such as A-20 or Bostons. The only advantage is the speed, but 109s can catch you. The top gun is worthless in a rear attack. When they give us a B-26 or the like, many times they put us way back in the map. Kinda get the feeling they prefer we were not there. Bombers were not kept in the far eastern part of England so why here.  But the biggest complaint is the "loudmouths" that moved in. Til things change, doubt that I'll fly much there anymore. And Yes Attitudes can change.   That's my two cents worth. Thanks for leting the "Oldest guy" in here spout off.  Blues skies to all

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2004, 03:45:01 PM »
Okay... I give up... what was your name when you flew with us?  Was it when Lowe or Hawk was CO?

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2004, 04:09:36 PM »
Why the CT really blows chunks.......because you dont see this

or this..........

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2004, 04:16:26 PM »
They have a forum?

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2004, 04:33:23 PM »
What is the maximum number of players on your game again Hawk? Come talk to me when you have graphics like that and the ability to have 750 online at the same time chump.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2004, 04:40:45 PM »
more than u see in th ct that are actully worth anything :rolleyes:

edited
Yeah they have three or four forums.  I make my way through them all...including AH, just to piss some of these guys off.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 05:18:03 PM by CurtissP-6EHawk »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2004, 04:50:44 PM »
Yeah they have three or four forums. I make my way through them all...including AH, just to piss you off.

Whats makes you think Im pissed?  So I assume your trying to piss me off, so whatever. Merry X-mas.