Author Topic: Why the CT blows chunks...  (Read 5319 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Why the CT blows chunks...
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2004, 01:53:48 PM »
I learn stuff all time...as for the Ki-61....

It's one of the sweetest birds in the plane set. It can be fought however you want to and has no vices. Obviously you need to apply it correctly to the issues at hand but I've never lost a fight in a tony and came away faulting the plane. It's not up to the 205 overall but has much better range and visibility....once you get a feel for the "e-meter" on the bird you can fight nikki's lala's 190's ponies etc with no real problem. The other pilot may kill ya but the plane won't....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2004, 02:03:03 PM »
Originally posted by StarOfAfrica2

You can blame TC for my manners.  :D  Hey, that means I can also blame TC for my poor kill record!  All those cherrypicks I passed up.........

Hehe.

now, now....you can not blame me for anything :lol

I somehow get the feeling I know you from another gameid?  did you sell me something in the past?  I know you don't I .............:D
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2004, 03:19:37 PM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
now, now....you can not blame me for anything :lol

I somehow get the feeling I know you from another gameid?  did you sell me something in the past?  I know you don't I .............:D

Well, since you, Drano and CR taught me everything I know about flight sims in general and how to keep halfway civilised besides (although I'm still working on that) I should hope so.  Although in AW I was `SA whilst I was in the Eagles with you guys.  I quit right after you went to the Damned, although I stayed AWTC until they closed the doors on us.  

I can blame you.  You outranked me.  Grunts always blame the officers.  :D

SA2

Oh and by the way, the only thing I ever sell is the load of hooey that I'm a good stick, scares off the competition lol.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2004, 03:51:29 PM »
The CT can be a fun diversion when it has enough people for meaningful gameplay.  Mostly I show up when the plane matchups intrigue me (notably German vs. Russian), or when the mood strikes for something different.

I can say with some certainty that the general skill level of the CT does not exceed that of the MA.  Or if it does, it does so at the low end of the scale rather than the upper end.  What I mean is that the CT sports far fewer totally clueless newbies than the MA -- I mean guys who don't even bother to check 6 and have no sense of how to fly an aircraft -- but it doesn't showcase an inordinate number of overwhelmingly amazing players either.  It does possess a really large population of below average to above average players, those folks in the middle of the skill spectrum.

That's cool, and it makes for some fun fights.  But saying that only the "best" players fly in the CT is an overstatement.

-- Todd/Leviathn

VWE

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2004, 04:04:36 PM »
The Ki-61 is HTC's equivilent of the F6F IMHO. I go into the MA now when I happen to be on early and nothing or no one is in the CT. I don't go in there to take bases and pork the place like say... shane was doing this morning. So when I go to the MA I want to fight now and up as close to the fight as possible, hence my poor manners for the planes I up.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2004, 04:15:57 PM »
i didn't take the vbase.  the only bases i have taken so far were a few days ago when the US had 3 bases on the island. I helped take back the 2 airfields.

wish you flew in the CT as you say you do in the MA.  or in the MA do you run and wait for 2-3-4 on 1 odds?

:rolleyes:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

VWE

« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2004, 04:19:16 PM »
Funny, last night you were doing alot of running... lots of diein too, but still lots of slash and runs. :D

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2004, 04:45:13 PM »
big talk from someone who can barely handle himself 1 v 1, preferring to take HO passes and then run - even with a disparate matchup.  but then i guess you're what urchin was referring to.

i do take note of the 6-10 vulch sorties you land.  whatever helps you maintain your fragile ego rank attempt. funny how last month eskimo didn't take very long to game his way past you for the #1 spot, lol...  ask him to teach you.  
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2004, 04:52:45 PM »
Great way to prove someones point that the CT is becoming a rude environment guys. Kudos... and kudos again.

VWE

« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2004, 04:53:46 PM »
I've had 1 vulch run this tour. I went into 18 to take out the VH. All the ack was still up and 3 planes were over the field, 2 38's and 1 hog. I dropped my eggs on the VH, came back and made a gun run on it. Next I de-acked the field then finished off the VH, 1 38 augered while I dropped both the hog and other 38. Made 4 vulch passes before going after a 1 hog that got up and after dropping him went home with 43 rounds left.

So there is alot more to the story than you have been told, but you'll believe what you want to believe. :aok

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2004, 04:54:30 PM »
just like there more to the stories that you're *not* telling.

:rolleyes:

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2004, 04:55:09 PM »
Originally posted by plank
Great way to prove someones point that the CT is becoming a rude environment guys. Kudos... and kudos again.

let me direct you to Urchin's post in this thread.  see yourself anywhere in it?

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2004, 04:57:06 PM »

You know what, I'll take the high road here. I'm done with this thread. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 05:02:49 PM by plank »

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2004, 05:03:58 PM »
Originally posted by plank

Plank, you just have to ignore them.  Thing with the CT is this.  Everybody likes to argue.  Everybody calls everybody else a ho-so and so, (and some of them are), and the arguments can get a bit heated at times.  But when the other guy aint looking, most of them will tell you how good he is (not that they would admit it after).  And they are almost all sensetive to criticisms from what they feel are "outsiders."  Basically it works along the lines of "He may be my enemy, but he's MY enemy.  Go get your own!"  Its hard to get used to at first, but I absolutely would not trade one good night in the CT (with all of Shane's snide remarks and VWE ramming everything that moves and storch coloring things with his unique point of view) for any normal night in the MA.  

SA2

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2004, 05:06:39 PM »
On the channel 1 guys (Grits/Bear et all):  me, myself and I, Fork, Forkster, Mr. Fork, the big pie grabber,  yours truely, the man himself, disabled channel 1 recently.

I will point out that other CT admins can open it up if they see fit, but I had to disable it after people were using it as a bashing channel (yep, my own squadmates are partly to blame).  I warned them, they kept at it, so off it went.  Then the ranting and raving when to channel 200 which is not necessarily a bad thing... you gotta tune to channel 200 to see the postings.

For new folks starting out, seeing all the banter back and forth on channel 1 looks bad on the staff and the players in the arena.   Channel 1 was originally for salutes and friendly chat but seeing how we sometimes can be victims of our own anger, disabling it, and then asking those who want to chat openly on 200 is a fine sub IMHO.

If it was up to me, I'd leave channel 1 off forever.  But I'm just another CT admin, Reschke is the boss of the CT staff.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech