Author Topic: Formation Bug  (Read 936 times)

Offline DarkHawk

• Copper Member
Formation Bug
« on: November 15, 2004, 01:11:16 PM »
I have found the following problem on a couple of maps. When taking off from any base with a formation of bomber, you will have the left side drone fall back and explode.
I have seen this on b24, Have not checked out any other bombers.
no matter how you try to allow that buff to catch up 4 out of 5 time it will not make it.
this drone fly over your plane then dive under fall way back and then try to catch up. the right side drone appears to have no problem making the connection.
this started showing up with the additon of patch number 2.  does not appear to be field related.
I did not fail this. I know others in the squadron have been having the same problem  6 took off 4 lost there one drone

DarkHawk (DHawk)
49DHawk
XO for BOWL (DHawk)

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Formation Bug
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 12:04:17 PM »
As soon as all planes are airborne -
Go level and throttle back to 45 manifold and lift flaps.
Drone will catch up.

Not a fix but should allow you to keep all drones.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline DarkHawk

• Copper Member
Formation Bug
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 03:32:41 PM »
Kev
I tried that work about 60% of the time for the third drone  Chop throttle go level at 200 ft, flaps or no flaps only works part of the time.
Thanks for the info
regards...................Dar kHawk (DHawk)
49DHawk
XO for BOWL (DHawk)

Offline magic2n

• Zinc Member
Formation Bug
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 08:56:35 PM »
FiLtH showed me this.  Make sure you have no height obstructions in front of you when you takeoff.  Takeoff with no flaps, go level 500 feet above ground level and then reduce manifold pressure to 35 inches.  It takes from 90 to 120 seconds but the errant drone will catch up and form on your left wing.

So far its worked for me every time.

- MAG1C

Offline JAZBO1

• Zinc Member
Formation Bug
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 11:34:23 AM »
Ive had this problem also. the left drone wollows behind or hyper speeds past lead plane at takeoff and is usually lost if I dont throttle back and wait about 5 to 10 min.

Offline JAZBO1

• Zinc Member
Formation Bug
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 11:35:35 AM »
also I think its a game issue not a flight one since the right drone behaves fine.

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
Formation Bug
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004, 12:16:37 PM »
What I have found to work is have 2 noches of flaps, go full throttle, lift off gently and wait for drones to catch up then either lvl out and let your flaps go up automatically or stay at the angle and take your flaps up 1 noch and while watching drones then if they stay with you then if all is well lift flaps all the way.
  Usually seems to work the key seems to be in the flaps in my op. But I do think this is a bug because only the 17's and the 24's seem to give me any problems.
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Formation Bug
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 12:30:52 PM »
If you are full throttle, how are the drones suppose to be able to ever catch up? The key is to reduce throttle slightly untill the drones get tucked in.

HiTech

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
Formation Bug
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2004, 09:03:12 AM »
Umm Hitech I said that going full throttle works fine with 2 notches flaps. But alot of the time if I slow down so do the drones then they lose alt, drop onto the ground and slide along. Then if I speed up they come off of the ground but fall behind.
  One time in the 17's I spent at least 10 minuits going level and trying diferent speeds  in an attemp to get he drones to form up and they never made it.
  Seems to me that if I slow down and can stay in the air the drones should be going full throttle  trying to form up and have even less trouble staying up. And if full throttle is the problem why do I not have any problems with the other bombers in the game? It's just the 17's and 24's and usually only 1 drone.

Sorry HT i'm getting a little long winded here  if you say it's not a bug then I'll survive. Like I said I have found a system that works for me and I prefer the 26's, KI67's and JU88's any way although I would love somthing else to spend all these perks on. Bring on the AR 232 armed transport.;)  I'll give up some perks for guns on a goon.
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Formation Bug
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2004, 06:34:25 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
If you are full throttle, how are the drones suppose to be able to ever catch up? The key is to reduce throttle slightly untill the drones get tucked in.

HiTech

Matters not...Full 30 inches 40 inches on the manifold. The B24 Drone lags till lost everytime in the latest patch. It need looking at.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Formation Bug
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2004, 09:42:39 AM »
OK more specifically heres is the problem i have with the B24J formation.
On take off the #2 plane...that’s the one on left of the lead plane.
will rotate with the lead and the #3 plane just fine. At about 300to 500 ft. AGL...the #2 plane will sharply dive to the deck.....land on the ground and roll out for about 4 to 6 seconds. At which time it will rotate again and try to catch the lead and the #3 plane. It will catch up IF the lead plane sets throttle to about 30 Inches on the Manifold.. However the lead plane with 75% or more fuel at 30 Inches Manifold pressure will ride the stall buzzer and even sink. Is the correct?
The throttle settings on take off can be varied from full to 35 inches on Manifold and it doesn’t help...Flaps can be 2 notches to none...still no help. I do not have this problem with any of the other level bomber formations. Something wrong?
I have tried to recalibrate my joystick in a last effort. Still no help.

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
Formation Bug
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2004, 04:08:53 PM »
Originally posted by DarkHawk
Kev
I tried that work about 60% of the time for the third drone  Chop throttle go level at 200 ft, flaps or no flaps only works part of the time.
Thanks for the info
regards...................Dar kHawk (DHawk)

I think you need to go over 250 ft AGL before the drones start to follow you.

Offline Gwjr2

• Nickel Member
Formation Bug
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2004, 05:10:02 PM »
I watched a AR234 drone (left one) go past me then hit the ground lift back to me then disapear after climbing up 1000ft right drone was perfect its def a bug only cost 58 perks to see it happen :rolleyes:
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

Offline JAZBO1

• Zinc Member
Formation Bug
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2004, 05:21:17 PM »
I agree...it only seems the #2(or left) Drone has the trouble. Have tried various thing to solve it but nothing. No troubles with the B-17 but I only have had troubles with the new B-24j.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Formation Bug
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2004, 09:40:48 AM »
Originally posted by Mugzeee
OK more specifically heres is the problem i have with the B24J formation.
On take off the #2 plane...that’s the one on left of the lead plane.
will rotate with the lead and the #3 plane just fine. At about 300to 500 ft. AGL...the #2 plane will sharply dive to the deck.....land on the ground and roll out for about 4 to 6 seconds. At which time it will rotate again and try to catch the lead and the #3 plane. It will catch up IF the lead plane sets throttle to about 30 Inches on the Manifold.. However the lead plane with 75% or more fuel at 30 Inches Manifold pressure will ride the stall buzzer and even sink. Is the correct?
The throttle settings on take off can be varied from full to 35 inches on Manifold and it doesn’t help...Flaps can be 2 notches to none...still no help. I do not have this problem with any of the other level bomber formations. Something wrong?
I have tried to recalibrate my joystick in a last effort. Still no help.

Does this happen to you everywhere or only at certain fields/headings?