Author Topic: Marines war criminals?  (Read 6960 times)

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2004, 10:31:31 AM »
I feel sorry for this Marine. Obviously he is going through a terrible time, but if story is true he should be punished. Terrorist do not fight for any country they fight for a cause. Therefore Geneva Convention does not apply to them.

I regret the day that this practice becomes exceptable. We are a professional military. We are trained to handle booby trapped bodies and other situations like this. Going around executing people, enemy or not is morally wrong. It makes me sad to see some of you try to justify this. Some of you call yourselves Christians.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2004, 10:37:11 AM »
Originally posted by Rude
The days of clean and tidy Geneva laced fighting have been over for some time now....the western world seems to be the only players to attempt to abide by such noble warrants.
Dude, those days never even begun. Think about it, if a country abided by the laws of geneva convention, would we be at war with them? Hell, the soviets, chicom, and north korean soldiers never even heard of the geneva conventions. You think their leaders wanted them to know how well they would be treated if they surrender? Victor Suvorov was a coronel in soviet military intelligence when he defected in the 80s, and he had no idea that hospitals and ambulances weren't lawfull targets.

Bottom line.....war is ALWAYS horrific.

Man everytime I here some ******** say this war is a disaster, or this war is a quagmire, I just want to hit them in the face with a brick. What a stupid thing to say. The day the war in iraq, or any war, improves to the state of disaster, I think we'll see celebratory parades.

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2004, 10:38:13 AM »
Regardless the circumstances of this killing, this imbedded journalism in the warzone has to go..

Im shure the footage seen is making great progress at winning the hearts and minds of the iraqi people..(though it may only be the braindead ones after abu torture sessions)  Good thing Cnn was there to capture that.. (not)

I think its tactical failure on the commanders in region not to kick these bum journalists from my battlefield..  if they want to stay they can; just get the **** away.. and stay at your own risk..

Im against the iraq war..  But at the same time Im a realist... (its a big crap burger and sometimes we all must take a bite.. whats done is done..) and whats real is we are occupying them and as a result its a war...  But these tactical failures over and over again from video torture sessions to murder on cable TV has to go if we want to see this thing thru.....  

IMO we are sinking fast over there..  How do we telegraph the falluja attack so that they relocate (thats ******* bull ****) thats tactically inept to say the least..  if we continue to play tiddly winks with intelligence info on our attacks how the hell are we going to win a guerilla war..  A prime example is when we hit falluja they relocated and hit 3 other cities..  wtf.. where was the perimeter..  Ill tell you..  it wasn't in place when the freaking news was talking their jive... as a result they get the tipoff..  and adapt to meet our threat... pathetic display of tactics..

We better get smarter or set this occupation in the L column as opposed to the W column...

DoctorYO

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2004, 11:17:58 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
I don't know about the Chinese and North Koreans, but the Soviets sure did know about the GC. Even in the most barbaric battle ever fought (eastern front WWII) the Soviets initially followed the GC and requested through their embassy in Sweden that the Germans to do the same.

lol

Why anyone takes Gshlotz seriously is beyhond me.

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2004, 11:22:30 AM »
Remember those fake american soldiers in the ardennes . They where shot.... but after a trial.

This marine played judge himself
It was wrong but understandable that means i do not symphatize that.

its time Bush goes Iraq and solve the problem instead of sending out those young man to Iraq.

Dogs of war they are always there.

That damned war mongering president Bush is the biggest prob.

Colin powell left the head of the national security left.

Its a big sign something is wrong stupid Bush voters u allushould go to Iraq U are responsible for more drama death and violence

Gawddamn in what world are my little girls gonna grow up.

:mad:

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2004, 11:24:42 AM »
Originally posted by BUG_EAF322

Probably in the good old USA.  Everyone wants to come here.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2004, 11:29:42 AM »
Originally posted by Martlet
Probably in the good old USA.  Everyone wants to come here.

Ain't that the truth. Well, except for all those whiney bastards threatening to move to Canada. Wonder how many have left yet. I suspect none/zero/zilch, too bad.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2004, 11:30:26 AM »
Truly when i was young i adored the USA

I like many things of it but Bush is just the deepest sinkin point the states ever got into

Ill keep flying the P38 ;)
and eat mc donalds KFC and do the burger king while drinkin my favourit coca cola

Offline Monk

• Silver Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2004, 11:36:49 AM »

the head of the national security left.

Yup, to become the SecState.  Going to be hard to find someone to work that detail.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2004, 12:03:03 PM »
Remember those fake american soldiers in the ardennes . They where shot.... but after a trial.

This marine played judge himself
It was wrong but understandable that means i do not symphatize that.

its time Bush goes Iraq and solve the problem instead of sending out those young man to Iraq.

Dogs of war they are always there.

That damned war mongering president Bush is the biggest prob.

Colin powell left the head of the national security left.

Its a big sign something is wrong stupid Bush voters u allushould go to Iraq U are responsible for more drama death and violence

The world you get when you sit on your stand up for nothing, tolerate everything, pat yourselves on the back and blame America for everything ass....maybe the kind of world you get when a Dutch battalion stands by while 6-8000 muslims are slaughtered in Bosnia....or perhaps the kind of world when you won't stand up for what is right and what is wrong and prefer to ride the fence of I'm better than you are because I stand for peace..... that's the world you're girls will grow up in.

Sometimes you stand down and let things pass for the better of everyone....this time, that posture by two US administrations brought us 9/11.

We're going to do what is necessary to protect our interests here and abroad....won't be perfect, won't be fun, won't be easy and evidently, it won't be with any help from the UN.

Don't fret though....I'm certain the day is coming when Al Queda lights off a nuke in a US city....then the world can rejoice in how we finally got what we deserve for being such uncaring bastards throughout history!

Cia!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2004, 12:14:41 PM »
Originally posted by Rude
The world you get when you sit on your stand up for nothing, tolerate everything, pat yourselves on the back and blame America for everything ass....maybe the kind of world you get when a Dutch battalion stands by while 6-8000 muslims are slaughtered in Bosnia....or perhaps the kind of world when you won't stand up for what is right and what is wrong and prefer to ride the fence of I'm better than you are because I stand for peace..... that's the world you're girls will grow up in.

Sometimes you stand down and let things pass for the better of everyone....this time, that posture by two US administrations brought us 9/11.

We're going to do what is necessary to protect our interests here and abroad....won't be perfect, won't be fun, won't be easy and evidently, it won't be with any help from the UN.

Don't fret though....I'm certain the day is coming when Al Queda lights off a nuke in a US city....then the world can rejoice in how we finally got what we deserve for being such uncaring bastards throughout history!

Cia!

:aok

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2004, 12:15:07 PM »
Yeah!!!! What RUDE said!

:aok

Offline Monk

• Silver Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2004, 12:17:03 PM »
Yeah..double Yeah!!  now where's that freakin gay thumb thing.

:aok got it

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #133 on: November 16, 2004, 12:19:51 PM »
Of course the USSR knew about the geneva conventions, that's why they kept it a secret from their own military.  If you can find a source from a defected soviet cold warrior that states he witness soldiers being eductated about the gen cons. Then I'd like to see it, and if it's not a defector saying it, I'm not going to believe it. I hope you understand.

Ever notice every now and then, when North Koreans specops find themselves the least bit compromised they go on postal rampages?

The geneva conventions is a far greater psyops weapon than it is a guardian of chivalry.

BTW did you know the special operations forces are not protected by geneva conventions, as they are not "lawfull combatants" ie they wear no markings on uniforms, they sometimes where other countries uniforms, etc.  I had been told this once by SF dudes when I asked them why 18Ds don't carry Gen con ID cards. I guess because a lot of their activities are closer to espionage than warfare.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2004, 12:31:57 PM »
BTW you can thank Mr Colin "you break it you buy it" Powel for the current iraq situation. You could blame Bush sr too for listening to Powell's decision to stop the offensive and not go on to a real victory in desert storm. The entire coalition would've gladly gone on to Baghdad.

One repeating gripe that the Saudis of Bin Ladin's ilk have voiced is that we did not oust saddam in 91. We left him there so that we could stay in Saudi and Kuwait, and keep a hand and a foot in the arabian oil barrel. In some eyes we had become the preservers of not one but two tyranical arabian regimes. It's not such an implausibility that our reluctance to liberate Iraq contributed to 9/11.

You break it you own it.
:rolleyes:
Thank you very much for your pearl of wisdom old man, but we're trying to glue the shards from 91 back together.