Author Topic: New Russian Wonder Weapon...  (Read 697 times)

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
New Russian Wonder Weapon...
« on: November 17, 2004, 05:21:18 PM »
Putin said today that they have a new tactical weapon systems capability that simply "other countries (even the US) do not have".

hmmm :confused:

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 05:55:56 PM »
Just a new variant of the Topol M. Heavier payload - greater ability to do trajectory maneuvers - but most likely is the implementation of MARV warheads - which unlike MIRV's are able to maneuver in the end-game.

MARV being maneuverable re-entry vehicle.
MIRV being multiple indepentently targetable re-rentry vehicle.

Both superpowers avoided MARV's during the 70s and 80's b/c of seeing it as a new stem of the arms race. Was built specifically to defeat ABM defences which were still woefully ineffective at the time.

Wolfala
« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 05:58:09 PM by Wolfala »

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 06:10:02 PM »
Why does Russia continue to create weapons for large scale use. I thought the  Cold War was over, why dont they improve the secuirity on existing arms ? Or are the Russians having a new cold war aganst terrorists... you touch another school, we nuke your home country...great incentive in that.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 06:11:51 PM »
It's to keep the Chechen Rebels in check.

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 06:21:59 PM »
Well, for several reasons. If you don't constantly create new things - you lose the pool of knowlege on how to create those things from those that know hows to and you cannot train another generation on the ways to create those things - this is agnostic of the weapons system in question or any invention for that matter.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 06:25:07 PM »
I read in an MSNBC article today that Russians are developing a "heavy nuke missle" as well.  A 4.4 ton ICBM capable of carrying up to 10 warheads a peice.  That's a whole lotta nukes

Offline jigsaw

• Silver Member
Re: New Russian Wonder Weapon...
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2004, 06:44:21 PM »
Originally posted by 1K3
Putin said today that they have a new tactical weapon systems capability that simply "other countries (even the US) do not have".

hmmm :confused:

http://www.getmarriednow.com

They're going to breed the rest of the world into extinction.:D

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2004, 07:11:15 PM »
russia can't pay it's troops,can't buy fuel or parts for it's fighters,can't pay to dispose of it's old missles,can't feed it's people....but russia can develop a new missle system.

time for a new revolution comrade.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2004, 11:21:44 PM »
They have some other weapons technology that we don't.  The Arena point defense system for tanks, for example, or the Shkval torpedo.  

The latter is more dangerous, but the state of their navy mitigates it somewhat.

Some might argue that the Shkval could be dangerous to its users as well, under the assumption that it was involved in the Kursk accident.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Heiliger

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2004, 01:34:58 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
I read in an MSNBC article today that Russians are developing a "heavy nuke missle" as well.  A 4.4 ton ICBM capable of carrying up to 10 warheads a peice.  That's a whole lotta nukes

lol  why the heck don't they drop some cash on some decent locks for the weapons they already have?

Offline stiehl

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2004, 01:56:06 AM »
Originally posted by BlueJ1
Why does Russia continue to create weapons for large scale use. I thought the  Cold War was over

Earlier today I was thinking,"Hey, why is NATO still around?"

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2004, 02:00:27 AM »
For that matter why is the UN? Whatever happened to towing their cars and selling'm off for unpaid tickets? I miss the Rudy days...

Wolf

Offline genozaur

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
NATO
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2004, 12:48:50 AM »
Pleeeese tell me what is NATO and why really it's stillll a round ?

Offline genozaur

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
New Russian Wonder Weapon
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2004, 10:09:28 AM »
According to the word of mouth from a nice Italian lady, this new weapon is just the ultrasonic (2.5 Mach) spontaneous-change-of-manoevre missile capable of carrying 400 kg nuclear war head. It can also be used as the component multiple device on ballistic rockets at the atmospheric stage of their flight effectively penetrating all modern and near future anti-missile defences. Doomsday for the U.S. Navy.

Hey, that's what the lady said.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2004, 10:20:33 AM »
I think it has something to do with the methane produced my vodka induced farts.  If they have found a way to capture, store and deliver the vodka farts on a target then you better start praying now.  :D

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"