Author Topic: Instant CTD  (Read 320 times)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Instant CTD
« on: November 18, 2004, 10:36:48 PM »
OK after installing the update to patch 3 tonight and uninstalling it then reinstalling the full version here is what happens.

The first time with just the update to patch 3 from 2.0xxx...I got all the way through installation and it hung at 100% and the task manager said that the Ace's High installation was not responding...ok end task and restart the system. All is good and went into AH2 and went through the whole litany of reloading skins and terrains then try to join the CT and get 50% through installing Okinawa terrain and bammm CTD.

OK restart and try to go to MA...~90% done installation of ndisles and bammm instant CTD.

Ok now instant CTD upon attempting to enter any arena in the game and this is after a full reinstall. Although now I didn't have the trouble with the installation hang up only CTD's when trying to download the maps and then when trying to join arenas.

Help?????
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
Instant CTD
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 10:51:43 PM »
Not sure what happened but the CTDs are gone after this last uninstall/reinstall. Just a little confusing for me.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Instant CTD
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 08:47:26 AM »
Confusing me also.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
Instant CTD
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 10:01:22 AM »
Uninstalled/reinstalled AH2 a total of 5 times last night and finally got it to work.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline GMCchuck

• Zinc Member
Instant CTD
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 10:58:42 AM »
Some problems after downloading Patch 3. CTD's, vox losses, vox and video stutters. I also uninstalled and reinstalled many times last night, still isn't working. Ran dxdiag, no problems found, no conflicts, am in dire need to play, having withdrawl symptoms. shakes, cold sweats... Send relief

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Instant CTD
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004, 11:07:30 AM »
When you say your "ran" DxDiagnostic, did you run the tests or did you just accept it when it said "no problems found" at the bottom?  Unless you run the tests, all it does is check that your drivers are compatible with whatever version of DX you are running.

Offline GMCchuck

• Zinc Member
Instant CTD
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 11:35:44 AM »
Ran all tests individually, the only comment that showed after each test was, during the sound portion of testing, a message came that said sound was only able to play back from sound buffers. If it is much help, 3 times of the many CTD's, I did get a message that  a fatal exception had occurred, initialization failed.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Instant CTD
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 12:05:23 PM »
Even if your sound card passed the tests, try disabling it (or even take it out if its a PCI card) and see if your game runs when the sound is gone.  If it runs fine with no sound card on your system, you found your culprit.  Then at least you've narrowed down the problem.

Offline GMCchuck

• Zinc Member
Instant CTD
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2004, 12:17:34 PM »
Thanks Star, will work on it when I get home. Brand new comp so still setting it up, may have to re-hook the old computer to make these withdrawls go away. The old comp actaully ran AHII better than  this 8400 does at this point.