Author Topic: Why no J model?  (Read 1745 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Why no J model?
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2007, 09:41:29 PM »
Originally posted by scottydawg
I dunno, the forward gun package on the C is pretty weak.

I wouldn't call 8 x .50cals "pretty weak"...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
Why no J model?
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2007, 10:29:12 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
You got two versions, geesh, isnt two versions of cannon fodder enough for anyone?:rolleyes:

Yup, flew it a few sortee.  Once I took a formation of C up at 20K and destroyed 1 hangar before a gaggle of mossie made short work of me.  Then I flew the H and tried to bomb in it bit could not hit squat before an LTAR's hungry osti got me, the only ray or sunshine was I did manage to kill a P38 and dog fight him.  That was the only good time I had in the new cannon fo.... I mean new bomber.

I will say that the C model would be a little less insufferable if HTC included the retractable ventral turret that it did have because mecanical failure is not modelled in AHII.  As it stands right now you can just approach a 25C from any low angle you want and get a nice easy kill.

However I will say that in FSO and senarios this plane fills a HUGE gap and is a great addition to the line up of planes.  I also would probably use it to good effect in the MWA and EWA.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 10:45:29 PM by DaddyAck »

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Why no J model?
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2007, 11:03:57 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
I wouldn't call 8 x .50cals "pretty weak"...

You know what? I didn't really look at the available packages on the C, all I saw was the glassnose.  Just looked at them. You're right. Whoever thinks the C is a puddytat is dead wrong.

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
Why no J model?
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2007, 08:41:47 PM »
Originally posted by DaddyAck
As it stands right now you can just approach a 25C from any low angle you want and get a nice easy kill.

Thats the point I was trying to make.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Why no J model?
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2007, 09:06:43 PM »
Originally posted by Tango
Thats the point I was trying to make.

You do know that there are scenario events in this game, right? And that theres a midwar arena? And that theres an Axis vs Allies arena? Anyway, why shouldnt someone fly a B25C in LW? Its more of a challenge, sorta like the people who fly P40's, Emils, Hurri 1's, etc....
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 09:08:44 PM by Motherland »

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
Why no J model?
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2007, 09:21:29 PM »
Originally posted by Motherland
You do know that there are scenario events in this game, right? And that theres a midwar arena? And that theres an Axis vs Allies arena? Anyway, why shouldnt someone fly a B25C in LW? Its more of a challenge, sorta like the people who fly P40's, Emils, Hurri 1's, etc....

Whoa yeah I look forward to all teh new FSO and senario possabilities. :aok

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
Why no J model?
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2007, 10:32:59 PM »
Yes I know that, I fly early and mid war models alot and in the other arenas as well [when theres enough people in them] but as Scotty said, its "a nice easy kill".
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group