Author Topic: Sore Losers  (Read 8591 times)

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2004, 11:03:16 AM »
Originally posted by Stang
Tries to ho me (in a pitiful attempt) and then bee lines outta there as fast as he came in.  Not even an attempt to fight.  If I turn to follow, he keeps running.  By the time he's 5-6k away I might find one of his buddies to tangle with.  THEN he comes around, but only for another ho.  Does everyone not see the fault in this?  Unless I get lucky and force some kind of overshoot or I ho him back I'm a goner, EVERY time.

And while he's running his countryman is getting killed. I agree with you. I have no problem with someone who uses his advantage but is all your going to do is zoom in take your HO shot and run your not really getting everything out of this experience. Your certainly not learning to be a better pilot.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2004, 11:28:52 AM »
For those of you who can't comprehend the meaning of 'timid' in the context of the game here's  a link to a good thread that breaks it down for you.

This is a game not a real war. Make the game boring and people will call you on it. If you don't like that get thicker skin. No one will give a GK or !S to some some scared runner for doing nothing more then boring the other guy to death.

Have fun anyway you can find it but butch up a little and accept the criticism for what it it is, truth...

If you are boring and timid then embrace it, don't run to the BBS because your feelings get hurt when you get called out...

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2004, 11:45:28 AM »
I used to get mad when people would run from a 1 on 1, or comme in vulch a couple of times and then run.  Not anymore.  You see, there is this plane called LA7.  No one runs any more.  They may kill me when I catch them, but they cannot run anymore.  

Couple of days ago I chaced a guy 3 sectors.  He flew over two fields and one town to try to get the ack to kill me.  I finnaly got him when he figured he did not have enough fuel to get to the next ack so he tryid to come back to the same field.

Last night, some ace with an over all score of < 26, saw a lala 2K below him so he turned around and run.  After a few mins it was a clear 1 on 1 with him 2K infront and a few K alt advantage.  He ran back to the base ack and started sircling in there till I got killed by it.  So, I went back.  This time we are co alt and we have over 6k seperation.  As we bass I pull up and look back to see what he was doing.  He dove in to the base ack and stayed there flying in sircles.  This time I got him and got out of the ack.  Not even a hint of an attempt at fighting.  I guess his score was in danger.

Now, I don;t think its bad to run when you are out numbered or if some one is d800 on your six, but when you have a 1 on 1 and a little bit of alt, and no one on your six?  Why play the game then?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2004, 11:57:54 AM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Last night, some ace with an over all score of < 26, saw a lala 2K below him so he turned around and run.  After a few mins it was a clear 1 on 1 with him 2K infront and a few K alt advantage.  He ran back to the base ack and started sircling in there till I got killed by it.  So, I went back.  This time we are co alt and we have over 6k seperation.  As we bass I pull up and look back to see what he was doing.  He dove in to the base ack and stayed there flying in sircles.  This time I got him and got out of the ack.  Not even a hint of an attempt at fighting.  I guess his score was in danger.

name!! we need a name!!

:D
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2004, 12:25:49 PM »
Q:  What is the purpose of a fighter aircraft?

A:   To shoot other planes down.

What most guys do would be the equivalent of buing a Ferrari and never getting out of the right lane or going over 55mph.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2004, 12:41:59 PM »
q: What's the purpose of the PM channel in AH?

a: To keep everyone else from seeing ya whine on 200.

:aok :D

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2004, 12:47:34 PM »
I am far from being thin skined, I have worked DeathRow for 3 years and have spent the past 6 years working in a MAX prison.

So let me get this straight you get to flail non armed angry men whose best weapon is feces and call yourself tough when you have chemicals, armor, and firearms at your disposal and lets not to mention cages and act if thats tough guy...

Muahahahahahahahahahahhaahahh aaha

DoctorYO

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2004, 12:48:04 PM »
To listen to some in this thread, it would seem that pm'ing someone is a serious offense.  PM'ing is there for a reason, just like that plane you are flying in.  Use it  :D

Edit:  Arlo is this weak flying prevalent in the CT as well?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2004, 12:50:22 PM »
Could be. The whining is starting to immigrate as well. :D

Offline JB82

• Copper Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2004, 12:50:40 PM »
We carry no weapons nor have any armor in the state of S.C.  The inmates are better armed then the CO's.  Get your facts straight.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2004, 12:58:00 PM by JB82 »

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2004, 12:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
I used to get mad when people would run from a 1 on 1, or comme in vulch a couple of times and then run.  Not anymore.  You see, there is this plane called LA7.  No one runs any more.  They may kill me when I catch them, but they cannot run anymore.  

Couple of days ago I chaced a guy 3 sectors.  He flew over two fields and one town to try to get the ack to kill me.  I finnaly got him when he figured he did not have enough fuel to get to the next ack so he tryid to come back to the same field.

Now, I don;t think its bad to run when you are out numbered or if some one is d800 on your six, but when you have a 1 on 1 and a little bit of alt, and no one on your six?  Why play the game then?

We do need a name, no fair teasing like this  :D

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2004, 12:59:44 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
name!! we need a name!!

lol, I gave you evrything you ask for.

Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2004, 01:04:46 PM »
nooooo you didn't, because i can see at least 10 guys ranked <26 who could fit that description.

:rolleyes:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2004, 01:07:49 PM »
We carry no weapons nor have any armor in the state of S.C. The inmates are better armed then the CO's. Get your facks straight.

if you were really in a max.. the cons got to shackle to leave their cage..  you telling me a shackled man with at best a shiv (being shackled has about 3 inches of motion) of some sort is more heavily armed than the prison response team. what world your living in.. and if it is true fire your warden for incompetence..

if you were talking general pop thats one thing max is somthing else... max is max in hence max security 24hr lockdown 1hr of sunlight a day..

don't feed us this jibberish..

people i talked too said feces is their biggest problem... (lifer throwing crap on you what are going to do to him except kick the crap out of him which you cant do unless he lunges (hard to lunge in shackles..) at you catch 22 to the extreme..)

save it for the naive...

DoctorYo

PS:  Hypocritical claiming offense from PM when you blare the same response in retaliation on these boards..  pathetic to say the least....

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
Sore Losers
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2004, 01:08:15 PM »
I thought that originally Urchin was fine doing it in PM.  If it was the way he says, that wasn't bad.  

Then when you get him on here, every other word is an expletive, and he continues to act up to his reputation.  Of course he's got the almighty shane to back him up.  As far as Shane is concerned he will never give a in the MA.  There is always some excuse why he died.  He wants every fight to be like a DA fight, Co-alt merge, equal planes, 1 vs. 1....  Well it just isn't that way.

I never once saw the JBs saying they were aces or the best squad like urchin alleges..  They fly good as a group, but if they get one to bait ya, while the other waxes you, then all you will hear from these ego-trips on ch. 200 is "you guys not bad 5 on 1".  Well gee... that is toooo bad you got suckered into that.  Maybe someday everyone will play video games according to your rules, until then I guess we can just resort to calling them names like "morons, idiots, geldings", and whatever else derogatory comes to mind.

Maybe these guys are new, and they find humility in getting shot down...who knows?  When they get a better feel for the planes, maybe they will start learning the merge and the ACM, but the way to encourage them to learn is not to belittle them in public (once again, urchin didn't do this in the game).  

to Stang though, he and I are on different sides of this argument, but his post was done tactfully and I didn't see a name call in there.  

As for the rest of you "uber" pilots, keep the insults on 200 coming, besides the one or two ankle biters that like to bask in your self-proclaimed glory the rest of us get a big kick out of the joke you guys really are.