Author Topic: sore losers/timidity et al...  (Read 2023 times)

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
sore losers/timidity et al...
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2004, 12:13:01 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
People seek Shane's assistance because he can walk the walk.  Probably it's not as noticeable to you in the chaos of the MA, but Shane goes out of his way to make himself available in the DA to help anyone who asks for it.  Next time you're in the MA, ask him.  Chances are he'll stop whatever it is he's doing, so that he can meet you somewhere else and teach you some very useful lessons.

Take this thread as an example.  Shane is trudging up and down the sidewalk with his "Repent" sign in hopes of pulling a few of the unmotivated out of the pool of easy kills and pushing them into becoming killers.  You may think that a spoonful of sugar and a kind word to the wise will be more persuasive, and perhaps you're right.  But there are those who respond to a slap in the face, or who work harder just to get even, if someone makes fun of them.  That is obviously Shane's approach, and the gist of Blue Baron's article.

- oldman

Enough said...

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2004, 12:40:52 PM »
^

Yup, and I think the same goes for most of us evil horde spoiling fighting types.

Offline streetstang

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2004, 01:26:33 PM »
Good stuff oldman!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2004, 07:39:14 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
and *this,* my friends, nicely sums up almost your entire collective experience of me on ch1/200. this is what i'm "going on about." it's not the ganging, it's not the cherry picking it's not the vulching, it's not what or really how you fly...

it's the lack of effort to try harder, do better, and to steal a cliche, be all you can be.

Uh, sparky why all of the EXCUSES of when you get LIT UP like a $9.99 Xmas Tree?

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2004, 08:14:54 PM »
When I first started playing these games I'd say there was the possibilty of shame or glory. I felt bad when I fugged up a mission, or good if I bested someone. Now, and its probably due to my age, its like ".....next!" whether I die or win. Online gaming is THE MOST UNNPRODUCTIVE, waste of time, man has ever invented short of whacking it. (Not knocking that)  No one should take any game so serious that it makes you so angry you wanna punch something, or so proud you feel like you could walk in a bar in town with an AH leather flight jacket on, and try to pick up chicks.("Hey baby....")

I just want to enjoy myself, MY WAY, and if someone doesnt like it fuggem. If someones a dink, I just pretend he's a guy living at home with mom, angry at himself, for what he's done with his life. And I smile.

~AoM~

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2004, 08:21:21 AM »
Ya know if you're an Adult....the article doesn't apply....or mean

anything to you   ;)
- The Flying Circus -

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2004, 08:46:57 AM »
Shanes getting  in this thread!  :p

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2004, 09:41:13 AM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
Online gaming is THE MOST UNNPRODUCTIVE, waste of time, man has ever invented short of whacking it.  

you sure hit the BULLSEYE on that statement.................... but it is fun!  :)

and in my recollections of  almost forgotten memories Shane in AW-whatever version   vs Shane in AH are not the same. Shane has changed with the times, yet  I am butch enough to take his slander and mature enough to respect his abilitys when his game is on, and appreciate his offering of help anytime some one ask him for it! btw, Oopsy was all together a different breed of player.........
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2004, 07:25:57 PM »
Ohhh Boy!
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline RedDg

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2004, 11:16:14 PM »

Offline WesDawg

• Zinc Member
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2004, 05:25:53 AM »
At the risk of repeating a previous person's take, I didn't feel like reading through Amateur Psych 101 so here's mine.

There is a DA for that mano y mano personal superiority aspect, and there's the MA for your average joes that just want to experience a fun interactive online WW2 flight/ground/sea sim.
 I, like most, certainly don't feel like a better pilot than someone I just vulched just because I killed them.  Nor do I feel like I have less skill based on one isolated encounter where I may have died.  As for "styles".. if I come in on a base capture that takes longer than expected, and I have 4 kills pocketed.. and the base doesn't look like it's going to fall.. by gosh I may just peel off and RTB with my kills.  What I can do without is some overobsessed twit on 200 asking me why I'm running.  I'm RTB'ing to friggin land kills.. so what?  I (personally) don't take this SERIOUSLY enough to feel some bizarre need to comment to EVERY person that I shoot down or shoots me down.  
And yo Shane.. obviously you invest a LOT of time, thought, and energy into your hobby.. that's awesome sir..   ya for that.  But I think I speak for darn near everyone when I say that I don't need a text buffer critique on my ACM every time you either encounter myself or anyone else.  It's just not very.. dare I say..  Glorious, anymore.