Author Topic: question about BF-109G-10  (Read 1148 times)

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
question about BF-109G-10
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2003, 10:41:49 AM »
FLYBOY!!!!  You're alive, and have an internet connection!  

Get those diplomacy orders in, bud. :)

ed: and 109g2 or maybe f4, always with pods :)

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2003, 01:56:40 PM »
109 G-10 has to be the best of the 109's.  It turns as well as the G-6, and the acceleration and climb performance make it turn better in the vertical.  It is excellent at roping almost any other piston powered airplane at almost any altitude (watch out for the low La-7's and perked rides).  

I tend to try to stay above my targets, but if I am attacked, it is not hard to equalize the energy states, then either escape, or kill whatever was attacking.  My preferred tactic is to force the enemy to do some high speed turns and give him only high angle deflection shots.  By the time he has sacrificed his E for angles, I start to extend in a shallow climb.  When I notice him falling behind, I entice him to keep following by slowly turning to the left, and climbing a little more.  Most enemies think they can pluck me out of the air at this point, and try to push their planes to the limit.  By the time they are close enough to take a shot, I am almost vertical and turning hard to the left on the edge of a stall.  When their nose drops, so do I and I swoop down and shoot.  I usually miss though since I am a bad shot, but when I hit, it is awesome.  Either way, at this point, I am totally in charge, and can dictate the terms of the engagement.

Have fun, and watch for the other guy.  More times than not, it is the guy you didn't see that gets you.

Offline whoru

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2003, 09:44:57 AM »
190 is a great plane for head-on's.... sucks for everything else. It can be out turned by just about every plane cept for C47... and it's climb rate is second rate to LA7 and a few other planes... I'll give it credit, it is one of the faster planes. Just don't come up against someone who is in a faster plane then you or else your good as dead.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2003, 10:29:12 AM »
109G10 is great plane - it is suprior plane in the game (of non-perked) but.... you have to know how to fight.

Rule #1 - Never Never turnfight - use Boom and Zoom tactics only.
Rule #2 - Allways have enery - its speed and climb ratio gives you this
Rule #3 - Know your weeknes - never reach compression speed or you die - and this speed is very close to max speed. Don't try to make sissors - unless you in really bad situation and you have no other option - it rolls very slow. (However I did it once to Yak ;) )
Rule #4 - Know you enemy - don't try outdive pony - outclimb him. Don't try to run away from La7 at low alt but at high you are suprioir
Rule #5 - Learn deflection shooting

Good Luck and Good Hunting
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2003, 11:56:25 AM »
Originally posted by tracerx
It turns as well as the G-6

I'm not sure this is true - at least, it isn't in my limited experience.

- oldman

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2003, 12:25:04 PM »
It turns just about as well as a G-6 does.  I've never been able to tell the difference between them in handling, personally.  Of course, the G-10 accelerates and climbs much better, but as far as fighting goes they handle almost identically.  You've got to go to the G-2/F-4 to get a different "feel", at least I do.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2003, 07:25:57 PM »
stall is definitely softer in the G6. Less torque maybe?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2003, 08:24:16 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
It turns just about as well as a G-6 does.  I've never been able to tell the difference between them in handling, personally.  Of course, the G-10 accelerates and climbs much better, but as far as fighting goes they handle almost identically.  You've got to go to the G-2/F-4 to get a different "feel", at least I do.

There is a slight difference but I tend to agree that you 'feel' it more when you move from G6 to G2.  I think the G10 actually gains a bit from the extra power though, it can hold some turns longer, especially things like climbing spirals, which is a bit deceiving.

Originally posted by Moot
stall is definitely softer in the G6. Less torque maybe?

Likely correct....  I tend to feel the stall is a bit softer also in the G6 but then again the G10 has so much torque that on autopilot it doesn't even actually fly straight.

G2 vs La7 is a great turn-fight though, had a number of those in the MA and CT.  Dead-Heat until someone screws up and stalls it.  They both have a pretty nasty stall that usually causes someone to auger.

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2003, 11:57:29 AM »
Sorry I was a little general in what I said Oldman, the difference in my book is the sustained turning ability of the G-10 over the G-6.  The G-6 may have a slight edge in instantaneous turn rate, but the G-10 quickly makes up for it by being able to hold a higher speed in the turns due to its acceleration (almost as good as the La-7), especially when climbing, that allows it to perform better, or at least as good as the G-6.  Use the climbing spiral to catch some planes that think they have just enough E to hang with you, the G-10 can do a gentle climbing turn clear up to outer space.  Everything else only wishes it could.  :aok

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2003, 12:35:39 PM »
Originally posted by tracerx
the G-10 can do a gentle climbing turn clear up to outer space.  Everything else only wishes it could.  :aok

I agree with that.

- oldman

Offline Wespe

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.communityac.com
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2003, 02:03:32 PM »
Originally posted by humble
Hmmm...

I could care less about the potato gun...

Neither do I ...

FLYBOY:

Agree 100% with that list ....

Offline Marco50

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2003, 03:42:16 PM »
Well harryson~ Glad u r all set now ......i was like that to when i began:)  But now i have been playing for 2 and a half years and get alot better than i did:aok

Offline sonofagun

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2003, 03:13:29 PM »
Originally posted by Betown
MG's are pretty useless on the 109 or 190's. I always teach that shooting the mg's and cannons is a useless thing to do because the MG's are really useless weapons and do little damage.

The 13mm MG's in my 109 do a respectable job.  I've scored some kills after my 30mm cannon run out.  I never RTB till I'm completely out of ammo (or gas, which is usually the case :( )