Author Topic: Scissors?! Whats that....  (Read 4739 times)

Offline Ddriag

• Zinc Member
Scissors?! Whats that....
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2001, 03:14:00 PM »
I always get confused when the big boys start discussing ACM/BFM. One thing I do know is that if you can change direction quicker than your pursuer, then your not dead yet. SO.. applying a twitch of rudder in the direction of your roll will have you on your back quicker than Monica Lewinsky, and might save your life. Dust off those rudder pedals.. darling, you have ears like petals, rudder petals.

Dd.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2001, 04:07:00 PM »
Vulch- that is AWESOME reading. Answers some questions I didn't even know I had ;-)

Offline Dwarf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2001, 04:38:00 PM »
Excellent stuff by Leph and Andy both.

I think this may be where most of the confusion is coming from.  Badz and Andy started out talking about how you use a scissors to get the kill when you start with lateral (3/9 line) separation.

What I've been attempting to do is talk about how you can use a scissors (or what Andy calls a Level S Turn Defense) to generate that lateral separation when the bandit is on your 12/6 line to start with.  IOW, how you move him from 12/6 to 3/9 while bleeding down his E advantage, so you have the choice whether to attack him or disengage.

Rocket -
No offense taken.  It was a legitimate question.

Dwarf

[ 07-31-2001: Message edited by: Dwarf ]

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2001, 08:38:00 PM »
Lag displacement roll. Seen it done to me and died.

Must try it myself  :).