Author Topic: Airbus 380 -- Another Concorde?  (Read 4087 times)

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
Airbus 380 -- Another Concorde?
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2005, 10:47:04 AM »
Ok euro stalkers first we had the world fastest airliner now we have the biggest.

eat it and beat it.

fear the new emperial power of europe.

:aok :aok :D :D :cool: :cool: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2005, 11:15:39 AM »
Originally posted by Dinger

boarding/deplaning is a nightmare.

hmm could be... but they maybe used brain whille they designed that bird, so lets see it in action.

problems whitch you mentioned are so clear, that they had to deal with that somehow.

Offline SunTracker

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2005, 11:26:33 AM »
UPS has already bought 12 A380s.  The A380 carries as much cargo as a 747 and MD11 combined.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2005, 11:36:40 AM »
Originally posted by BUG_EAF322
Ok euro stalkers first we had the world fastest airliner now we have the biggest.

eat it and beat it.

fear the new emperial power of europe.

:aok :aok :D :D :cool: :cool: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

*cue Darth Vader theme...

:D
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2005, 11:49:39 AM »
Whatever it is, that thing is going to make a very, very, big hole in the ground when it goes down.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2005, 12:07:34 PM »
Jealousy is a beautiful thing.

Nuke, the Boeing big wing is 33% more efficient than the A380 but has never flown. Wow, that is quite an achievement!
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2005, 12:55:27 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding
Jealousy is a beautiful thing.

Nuke, the Boeing big wing is 33% more efficient than the A380 but has never flown. Wow, that is quite an achievement!

Psst! Hey, Dowding...Neither has the A380, unless I'm mistaken.  Granted, it is significantly closer to doing so than the "big wing."  Personally, my guess is that both the 7E7 and the A380 have a market nitch to fill.  However, it is likely that the 7E7 will have an easier time reaching the profit line.  I wish both endeavors well.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2005, 01:02:39 PM »
its not american so it must suck!!!11
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2005, 03:06:44 PM »
article

You would think that if the balance sheet looked good, the Thais would purchase without the tarriff crowbar.

Thailand has been told by the European Commission that it must buy six A380 Airbus aircraft if it wants to escape the tariffs against its fishing industry.

While millions of Europeans are sending aid to Thailand to help its recovery, trade authorities in Brussels are demanding that Thai Airlines, its national carrier, pays £1.3 billion to buy its double-decker aircraft.

The demand will come as a deep embarrassment to Peter Mandelson, the trade commissioner, whose officials started the negotiation before the disaster struck Thailand - killing tens of thousands of people and damaging its economy.

While aid workers from across Europe are helping to rebuild Thai livelihoods, trade officials in Brussels are concluding a jets-for-prawns deal, which they had hoped to announce next month.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2005, 03:35:21 PM »
hahaha...so AirBus has to Blackmail countries to take plane?

way to go..good timing by there Public realtions crew!!

Yo...ya,ya..u lost thousands of people..how about you buy our planes..?,,No..ok..well we arent buying your shrimp for those prices anymore

jets -for -prawns..
wow..you know..its like Oil - for -Food..

way to go!!..and USA is so evil?..lolo

Offline Chortle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2005, 04:21:05 PM »
From the link
The EU has instead slapped a tariff of 12 per cent on its fish - three times that imposed on prawns from Malaysia, its neighbour. This is still less than the US tariff on Thai prawns: 97 per cent.

Mathematically, the US is 8.08 times more evil than Euroland.

Interesting article though, shows how low some of these Euro bureaucrats can go.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2005, 04:23:46 PM »
the bigbus has not flown yet , only one is built and it has not flown yet, no one has "bought" any yet because there are none to buy yet, they have just put in orders for the bigbus.

i think i used "yet" to many times.

i have flown on both boeing and airbus, they are both ok, but i hate flying , it's like a bus ride with no scenery but faster, and we don't even want to talk about going through "securety".

does airbus still glue on their tails?

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2005, 04:51:16 PM »
we harvest more prawns from the gulf ..we dont need no stinkn foriegn shrimps..

well excpet the few who post on this BB

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2005, 05:20:01 PM »
lol Chortle - absolute classic :D

Sabre - how is that relevant to my point that a 33% improvement on paper is worth nothing compared to a 90% complete aeroplane development program with trials less than two months away?
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2005, 05:28:37 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding
lol Chortle - absolute classic :D

Sabre - how is that relevant to my point that a 33% improvement on paper is worth nothing compared to a 90% complete aeroplane development program with trials less than two months away?

So Dowding, you think that USA should deal with Thailand to reduce or eliminate the shrimp tarriff if they do not buy 380's?  The thing I pointed out was that using the tarriff as a crowbar to purchase airplanes seems a stretch.  The US tarriff exists to shelter Forrest Gump and other Gulf shrimpers.

And since all the 380's and 7E7's ordered so far have been ordered on the basis of promises and engineering estimates, seems like an estimated 33% improvement is worth something.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!