Author Topic: Got the TrackIR Vector Expansion....  (Read 5037 times)

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Got the TrackIR Vector Expansion....
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2004, 01:59:09 PM »
I'll post my AAR on the 25th :)  It's "here" but I "don't know about it."
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline nsty1

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2004, 02:06:36 PM »
Originally posted by Octavius
I'll post my AAR on the 25th :)  It's "here" but I "don't know about it."

Lol!! hang in there bud,2 more days to go..:)

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2004, 03:12:50 PM »
Ok....

TRACKIR WITH VECTOR ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!  THIS IS THE BEST THING SINCE....I DUNNO.....ITS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have only had a couple of flights with it approx 30 min or so but the ease of use and setup was amazing.  Took a few min to get used to where I wanted the center at but after that VOILA!!!!!!!!!

Its funny cuz I still move the hat switch alot and remember I dont have to.  What is nice though, is that you can move the hat switch to say your 6 look and then move around from there with the vector (I am sure I will stop using this as I get used to it but for now it ROCKS).

It makes landing on carriers a BREEZE!!!!!

I made a film of it but for some reason the "looking around" does not show up in the film viewer...I am a newbie at that too.

Anyhow I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!

Best Wishes!:aok

Offline nsty1

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2004, 03:29:36 PM »
Guttboy,I just realized you're in New Mexico.
soon as you're done playing with it,ship it over to me for a trail run :D

btw,where in New Mexico ?

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2004, 03:36:55 PM »
nsty1,

I am stationed here in Albuquerque...where are you at????

Mike

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2004, 03:39:03 PM »
Had my track ir for a week now with the expansion pack. It took a little getting used to and I cant seem to get too much up and down movement IE looking over cowl for deflection shot. But all in all WOW!!!! talk about feeling like your really flying. I got dizzy the first hour I used it. I would get very disorintated in a fight and augered more than once or flew into ground on a gentle decent while looking at something. After a week of using it.  It has become very natural. After a while I am sure it will turn me into a more efficent killer.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline nsty1

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2004, 03:43:26 PM »
Originally posted by guttboy
nsty1,

I am stationed here in Albuquerque...where are you at????

Mike

Look south,a little more,there...little village,Los Lunas
we hunt our dinner down here :D

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2004, 04:47:41 PM »
WOW we are close!!!!!

Mike

Offline nsty1

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2004, 05:15:51 PM »
Originally posted by guttboy
WOW we are close!!!!!

Mike

Drop me a line here sir jmalv@qwest.net ,i'm really curious to know about Track ir.
I know of 2 other AH players in Albuquerque

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2004, 10:33:30 AM »
Nsty1,

Email me at guttboy@aol.com.....for some reason I could not email ya...then we can chat on the phone about it.

BTW your fire dept is run with a bunch of my buddies!!!!!!

Take care and zap me that email so I can send you my number and you likewise....you will love the TIR!

Flew all last night with the TIR 3 pro with Vector expansion....absolutely love it.

One thing I NEED to figure out is how to map a button on my joystick to turn OFF TIR.....I want to use my MSFF2 button 4 to become the TIR F9 key so that I can toggle it on and off.  You may ask why?  Well....riding in GVs sucks for now in TIR....I have to really play around with them to get them all set up right so I have reverted to driver position with it off...then turning it on for other things.

Also, turning it off gives you a break when you drop things on the floor or are talking to Wife Ack...LOL.....that way she wont throw up on your keyboard or monitor...LOL.

The LED light system can tell you about if it is on or not and is a nice feature.

I have had the view system get "LOCKED UP" twice....while flying last night it was stuck in the bottom of the plane (read looking at your seat bottom).  I had to use my view switch to look up then shake my head from side to side....this is annoying but may just be operator error.  Only happened twice though.

Situational awareness is greatly enhanced...gone are the days of me moving the hat switch/throttlebutton combo to get views of a bogie moving on me!!!!  Dogfites are great!  Lead angle shots are SOOOOOOO FRIGGIN EASY now especially when you are pulling lead on a bogie in a hard turnfight...just lean to the side and peak up and VOILA! you have them and can see your bullets either hitting him or going by!

Dont get me wrong...it takes getting used to.  I have not yet messed with the software to scale it at all....the default is working just fine for me.

Anyhow will keep up the info....take care all!!!!!

Regards,

:D

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2004, 02:05:47 PM »
Any comments on "looking over left shoulder" case.. anyone?

One has to yaw left and then move right... instead of move left and yaw left, like in real life.

At least it goes completely against my instincts and feels awkward :( The TIR head model looks fine (yaw left, move left), but in AH2 yaw and pitch pivot points do not move along with XYZ movements :(

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2004, 10:07:49 PM »
Lead angle shots are SOOOOOOO FRIGGIN EASY now especially when you are pulling lead on a bogie in a hard turnfight...just lean to the side and peak up and VOILA! you have them and can see your bullets either hitting him or going by!

origionaly posted by gut boy

ya i gotta agree with that!, even with the strafe mode in tir 3 you could do some crazy deflection shots, i bet its a whole lot easier now!

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2004, 03:55:47 AM »
I wonder if this has to do with my settings, or does it work the same way with the rest of you people??

Try this:

-Go to tower
-Move left until you are outside of the tower (X)
-Twist your head left or right (YAW)

Do you start moving around the tower? (like it happens to me)
Or do you stay put and only look in different directions from that point? (like it should happen IMHO)

If I roll my head instead of twisting, it works fine.. I stay put. Only yawing or pitching seems to make me move around.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 03:59:54 AM by BlauK »

Offline Yippee38

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2004, 09:56:44 AM »
Originally posted by BlauK
Any comments on "looking over left shoulder" case.. anyone?

One has to yaw left and then move right... instead of move left and yaw left, like in real life.

If I think about looking over my left shoulder to look out the canopy, I would turn my head to the left, then lean my head to the right to see past the canopy.  If you leaned your head left, you would be looking at the seat back.

Am I misunderstanding you?

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2004, 11:23:55 AM »
Nope, you understood me correctly.
Just think in what kind of position your body and head are while you lean right.

I would like to lean left just like the real pilot would do when he is sitting in cockpit. His bottom is in the chair after all and he cannot change the direction where his navel is pointing.

I would like to move my body and shoulders with X/Y/Z and my skull with YAW/PITCH/ROLL.

Try the example in tower I mentioned above ;)