Author Topic: LVT's nearing the shore....  (Read 342 times)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
LVT's nearing the shore....
« on: December 27, 2004, 12:37:42 PM »
Odd little bug thingy.  1st found it last night.

Was driving a LVT w/ troops to a town, and had decent FPS.  Then when I was close to the shore (say 1k or less ish) I suddenly dropped to zero fps, and stayed there until I hit ground.  Once I was feet dry, my FPS shot back up to normal.

Thought it was odd, and recorded it.

This morn, was LVT otw diff field/town and @ 1k from shore hit 0fps again, and stayed there again until I made it to the shore.  Died, re-upped, and again w/ the 0fps once I was close to shore.
Flimed that one also.

Curious, did whatever you did to fix the "lvt get stuck on shore" bug you fixed a patch or 3 ago cause this?  Doesn't make sense that I would only drop to 0fps within 1k of shore.  In the water more than 1k out, I have normal fps.  Once i'm on dry land, normal fps.  It just that limited stretch that totally feaks out my system.

What's going on??? Lemme know if you want the films.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 11:37:14 PM »
This happens to me as well.  I brought it up with my squadron and they didn't have any issues.  Seems when I get to the shallow water, I drop to 1-4fps and once on land it goes away.

Glad I'm not insane.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 08:46:16 AM »
and it's not just LVT's.  I was in a PT boat yesterday, and noticed the same issue when nearing the shore.

Odd.  Wish I could hear from anybody at HTC on this, 'cause it's a pretty huge bug.   I have films if needed.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit