Author Topic: So How Much Longer Will The CT Last?  (Read 2051 times)

storch

So How Much Longer Will The CT Last?
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2005, 07:59:57 PM »
Originally posted by plank
nuts on a chin are?

a fair question for the sage fw190guy.  :D

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2005, 02:28:56 AM »
Originally posted by plank
No spelling errors or horrible punctuation so we can cross hawk off the list of suspects.  :D

Hope you dont count me as hawk's clone for my spelling/punctuation :D
btw, looks like i miss something. When (and why) hawk got banned? Just interesting :rolleyes:
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2005, 05:10:57 AM »
A few weeks ago. Not sure what he said to get the ax. SOmething in the "CT blows chunks" thread by Mumble.

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2005, 08:39:35 AM »
humble, you means? :) Then the reason was promotion of the IL2:PS, i believe. Thank you, Slash.

P.S. I vote for hawk :aok
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2005, 10:45:39 AM »
Hawk's been spotted over at the UBI forums crying and whining about how Japanese planes should just burst into flames the instant a corsair pilot even thinks about 'pulling the trigger'.

He also whines bout FM differences between games and other non-sense. Basically a repeat performnce from his CT days.

I am betting his first 'I quit' post is coming soon.

Forever the allied farmboi...

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2005, 11:57:48 AM »
Originally posted by Wotan
Hawk's been spotted over at the UBI forums crying and whining about how Japanese planes should just burst into flames the instant a corsair pilot even thinks about 'pulling the trigger'.

OMG, say it aint so!!!

What happened?!? I thought IL2/PF was teh be-all end-all of ultra-realisim in flight sims that was going to be nirvana for ol' Maggiehawk?!?

Forever the allied farmboi... [/B]

Well, respectfully, I dont think its an allied or axis thing. I know plenty of LW guys who think (sometimes justified, sometimes not) that all the axis stuff is porked across the board. I also know plenty of both allied and axis guys that say..."well, porked or not, it is what it is lest make the best of it". I dont think any allied guy (and remember in the CT most of the "allied" squads spend a lot of time flying axis too) would deny that the MG151/20 is shortchanged in its HE hitting power, but, it is what it is.

Maggiehawks problem was he just could not reconcile his view of what the AH world should have looked like with what the reality was. Unfortunately, he spent all too much time telling us over and over about it, and none of us cared what he thought. It does not surprize me in the least that he is dissatisfied with PF, for the same reasons.

Offline Phaser11

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2005, 12:36:52 PM »
Well Boys and Girls,
 I fly with Hawk in IL2/ PF and he is not anywhere near quiting. I just finished configuring his router/Modem last weekend so he can host his own server.
 If you're saying that he might complain every now and then, well don't we all!

:rolleyes:
Phaser11,

"Long time we no get drunk together nathen"
"Silence! I kill you"

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2005, 12:38:40 PM »
Every now and then?  :rofl

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2005, 01:41:37 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
A few weeks ago. Not sure what he said to get the ax. SOmething in the "CT blows chunks" thread by Mumble.

He got banned for promoting IL2 on the AH BBS.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2005, 01:46:07 PM »
Originally posted by Phaser11
Well Boys and Girls,
 I fly with Hawk in IL2/ PF and he is not anywhere near quiting. I just finished configuring his router/Modem last weekend so he can host his own server.
 If you're saying that he might complain every now and then, well don't we all!

:rolleyes:

I've known and flown with Hawk a lot longer than you. He will self destruct as he always does sooner or later. I think 3000+ posts is a bit more than most.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2005, 02:28:56 PM »
Phaser, Maggiehawk didnt just complain, as I said he had a fundamental inability to reconcile his view of what AH (and the CT in particular) should look like and what it actually was. That in and of itself is no biggie, but he relentlessly beat everyone over the head with "his" view, how wrong AH (and by extention the CT) was, and I for one got tired if hearing it. He brought out the worst in me, and I am sorry for some of the things I said to him here on this BBS because of my kneejerk reactions to his posts.

The fact remains, he wanted to "take his ball home" if we all didnt play his way, only he didnt own the ball, HTC does.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2005, 04:18:08 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
If squads don't come in at the same time, it will make things worse.  Unless they are whilling to split up.

You wont have any problems with Nomde or any of the established squads equalizing things (IMO)...most of the AK's are to bzy with world at war to bother with AH now...but I'll see if hoop talked with nomde...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2005, 04:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27

hehe.....

well at least I gave it more than two weeks:)....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

VWE

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2005, 04:33:29 PM »
Can you imagine playing on hawks own server? He's the last guy I'd trust in God mode...

Offline Phaser11

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2005, 11:23:31 AM »
WOW!
 Man hawk, you sure draw alot of fire!

Holy Monkey eye!
hehehehehe:rofl
Phaser11,

"Long time we no get drunk together nathen"
"Silence! I kill you"