Author Topic: Enemies Attack Angle  (Read 917 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Enemies Attack Angle
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2005, 05:12:09 PM »
http://www.azhacker.com/images/SA8.jpg
http://www.azhacker.com/images/SA9.gif

1st pic ( SA8.jpg ) is showing the attack angle of a spit diving in on me, I Know by the way he is angled I know he will never hit me, he is inverted and his nose is pointed past behind my tail

2nd pic (SA9.gif), I am in a leadturn going for a deflection shot on the spit, I have my nose pointed slightly ahead of his nose........if I showed it looking thru the cockpit bore site view, you could barely see the tip of his prop/nose by a mear smidge.......

none of these 2 pics had anything to do with lag issues or taking in account for lag........

this might help, hope it does anyhow.

thanks for hosting Humble
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Enemies Attack Angle
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2005, 07:31:11 PM »
MP....

You and I are in the same boat....we're trying to extrapolate an awful lot based on what info we have....a clip would help alot.

Clifra...did you by chance happen to look at the last set of clips I posted (flyboy & I)...in the 1st clip you have me on defense fighting a higher E pony so alot of it has me in that "under" role...in the 2nd clip the 1st "merge" I just blow thru (I never ever underestimate flyboy)....on the remerge I can tell he's looking to continue to gain E (half the fight is knowing when your large and in charge)...he knows the moment he can get co-e were back to fight #1 where he controls the flow...I know I have to get to guns....this is a pretty typical lead turn merge (think I even come off gas to tighten it up a bit)....anyway if you havent looked at them I think they might help you a bit with what your talking about...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson