Author Topic: What WWII guns do u have  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
What WWII guns do u have
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2005, 11:49:36 AM »
   Sten MK 2 , Walther p38 & 25, 4 .303's, ( 2 Lee Enfields Mklll, No4 MK1, and a No 5 Mk1), Mauser Kar 98 k. and a few other toys.

Is the Sten full auto Airbumba?

Charon

Offline patrone

• Nickel Member
What WWII guns do u have
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2005, 11:54:48 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I don't drink but... using your logic... someone caught drunk in public shouldn't be trusted to have a car or drivers licence either eh?

Anoyone can apply for a class 3 here if they are a citizen and not a felon or insane.  It is not that expensive.   Any working class guy can afford a full auto if he can afford to even insure his car and... that is the way it should be.   I am sure that those who didn't have a permit before 2000 and now want one feel that they are free because YOU are allowed to shoot (so long as you can afford it and no new laws are passed)

I take guns seriously too... I take sex seriously too but... I don't see any point in doing either if it isn't fun.

lazs

Get caught drunk in public might cause the lost of driverlicens to, yes.
The change of the gunlaws in this country are made to get closer to the other "EU" members laws. I think that Sweden was the only country in Europe that allowed owning fullautos, the way they did. Before, the new set of laws, you couldīnt own an de-activated fullauto, the law didīnt make a diffrence between live and de-activated. (Wich was good in one way. It left a whole lot of weapons intact and original.)
Now, the law does. It is easier to get a permit for a de-activated gun as a collector.
Still the law is that  if it was made to be a gun, it can not be owned without permit. Neither can ammuniton.

Yes, the new set of laws sux. And I am fortunate to be holding a permit. (Actully I am just a paper away from to become a gun-dealer again).  

Shooting is not very expensive as I get most ammo for free.

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
What WWII guns do u have
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2005, 11:54:51 AM »
I thought my C&R would save me money too Before the license I had 2. In the last 2 years since the license, well you see the pics. Its an addiction, and one I love. I stopped some of my investments so I could buy guns instead, still investing just a different way. It took less than 30 days for the ATF to get my C&R to me. Good luck Creamo and have fun!

I have the paperwork sitting here right now, but it seems like you put yourself at the mercy of some future bureaucrat. It is really tempting though. But, I have a local FFL dealer who will do a transfer for $25 bucks flat, which isn't all that bad.

Charon

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
What WWII guns do u have
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2005, 11:57:29 AM »
Everytime though?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
What WWII guns do u have
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2005, 11:59:58 AM »
patrone... thank you for your honesty and knowledge on the subject.

As you can see.... it is a slippery slope that giving up things a little at a time.   I think it is also important to note that "getting into line with other countries" is not a good thing.

These are two things that I find abhorent about the gun grabber lobby and the U.N.

lazs

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
What WWII guns do u have
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2005, 12:00:56 PM »

airumba... what do you mean not at your house?  Don't you own em?  If you own em then you should damn well be able to keep em at your house.   If you are not allowed to then In my opinion.... they are not your guns... you are leasing them from the state.   The state will tell you what you can do with em down to the last detail.

lazs

Lazs, I don't have the proper permits for the handguns, so their stored at my x father in laws, since he's a gun collector. I'll get around to it one day.
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
What WWII guns do u have
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2005, 12:03:21 PM »
Yeah, every time. But I plan on getting a Garand and a 1903 from CMP fairly soon, and they just deliver to the door without a C&R. The dealer I use also operates out of his house and has reasonable prices on a range of milsurps so there are some options there. Stilll, it is tempting to log on to a site, mail in the C&R and have a cheap rifle arrive at your door a week later without any fee or pick up.

And, as Kevykev notes, I can easily see myself buying a gun a week. That one looks nice, only $80. Hell, if I don't like it I'll just order another one and see what shape it's in :)  I would probably have a safe full now if I had the C&R and no moneyt in my account.

Charon
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005, 12:06:27 PM by Charon »

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
What WWII guns do u have
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2005, 12:06:33 PM »
Originally posted by Charon
Is the Sten full auto Airbumba?

Charon

Charon, mine isn't, but I 've used the father in laws which is still auto. Most of them had the mechanism welded upon being shipped to Canada post war. It uglies it up too, you see the big burn marks, :( It can be undone and returned to it's state, but I'd probably never get a permit for it anyway.

I'm going to check my No4 Mk1 numbers, wouldn't that be a hoot if they were side by side, hehe.
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline patrone

• Nickel Member
What WWII guns do u have
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2005, 12:13:27 PM »
patrone... thank you for your honesty and knowledge on the subject.

As you can see.... it is a slippery slope that giving up things a little at a time.   I think it is also important to note that "getting into line with other countries" is not a good thing.

These are two things that I find abhorent about the gun grabber lobby and the U.N.

lazs

Yes, I totally agree with you there Laz2, to get in line with other countries or "state" laws is not a good thing. Actully, we will soon "adjust" our consitution and kicking it down the drain for the "new" constituton of europe.
But what can I do about it, more then protest?, nothing. Just because people here act like sheeps.
In the consitution it says clearly that it can not be changed without having 1 election between. they walk around it by just kicking the whole thing out......

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
What WWII guns do u have
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2005, 12:19:45 PM »
the enemy isn't guns... the enemy is a government who would take your guns away.

If we were told to dump our constitution for a euro one I would sure hope that the rioting would begin....  the governments will and motives would then be tested... much like our civil war.

lazs

Offline patrone

• Nickel Member
What WWII guns do u have
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2005, 12:51:35 PM »
the enemy isn't guns... the enemy is a government who would take your guns away.

If we were told to dump our constitution for a euro one I would sure hope that the rioting would begin....  the governments will and motives would then be tested... much like our civil war.

lazs

I think that the closest compare would be: If all "state" laws would be same all over. I think it would not lead to a civilwar.

The way things are moving now, in Europe, is to create a "United States of Europe" and it is done, little by little, everyday.

We, in Sweden, have access to all information, but in rest of Europe, the same information is "secret".
In the end, Germany, Poland and France, maybe UK, will rule Europe.

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
What WWII guns do u have
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2005, 01:15:22 PM »
I don't think this one's from WWII, but what the hey...
nice luger sob,,ill post a pic of mine later,,i own a long barrel 1914 ernfurt model:)

Offline patrone

• Nickel Member
What WWII guns do u have
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2005, 01:21:47 PM »
By the way, laz2, If I would move to the USA, would there be anyway to bring my guns? My Mrs is US Citizen and the area would be either LA or TX

Offline patrone

• Nickel Member
What WWII guns do u have
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2005, 01:53:34 PM »
Another little nice link for gunlovers.

A very big collector died this fall without any relatives. All his guns are auctioned away ,4000+guns, many rare items! like "gyrojet" and "mp41" some silenced special wwII undercover guns, etc,etc

http://www.auktionsverket.se

Click on English and the on Cataloges "weapons of Bengt Eriksson"
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005, 01:56:25 PM by patrone »

Offline patrone

• Nickel Member
What WWII guns do u have
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2005, 02:39:44 PM »
Time to go to the bank to get a loan.....
But I doubt this is all, I think this is only half of what he had

Mod. 1921 serial nr 248