Author Topic: Iran  (Read 2994 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Iran
« on: January 17, 2005, 12:15:31 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/01/16/hersh.iran/index.html

My stance on attacking Iran is clear and well known to most here, but what do you guys think about this?

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Iran
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 01:25:16 AM »
we are at "defactco war" with Iran now... it is only a matter of time before it becomes public.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Scaevola

• Copper Member
Iran
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 01:33:45 AM »
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The Bush administration has been carrying out secret reconnaissance missions to learn about nuclear, chemical and missile sites in Iran in preparation for possible airstrikes there.
[/B]

Hmm, WMD's again. I see a patttern emerging.

How much Oil reserves does Iran have?

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Iran
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 02:39:17 AM »
Originally posted by Scaevola

Hmm, WMD's again. I see a patttern emerging.

How much Oil reserves does Iran have?

kind of like the pattern of Eurotrash Ameri-haters....

:rolleyes:
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Iran
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 02:45:28 AM »
Ah, yes... "Lets go to war" sayeth GRUN, sitting on his couch, at home.
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Iran
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 02:57:22 AM »
Muslims Vs christians, when we are done w/ Iraq..... next!

Saintaw... someone can't be a hawk because they are not currently active duty?  Get off this kick, it's senseless.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Iran
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 02:59:48 AM »
Originally posted by Saintaw
Ah, yes... "Lets go to war" sayeth GRUN, sitting on his couch, at home.

Why do you say that?

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
Iran
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2005, 03:16:22 AM »
you guys need another front ?
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline babek-

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.tripod.com/KG51EDELWEISS
Iran
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2005, 03:20:07 AM »
There is already another thread discussing this topic (Look out persian perps, it's on!) but here again:

There is an innerpolitical fighting in Iran against the mullah regime.
These political factions are supported by the iranian people and there are small but continuous successes against the mullah regime.

But if there is an attack against Iran - either simple missile/air strikes against installations or a full scale invasion - these innerpolitical fightings will stop immediately.
Then the Mullahs will get the full support from all iranians because we always fight those who attack Iran.

The same happened when Saddam and his arab hordes tried to invade Iran and steal our province Khusistan, which the arabs define as "Arabistan" because there is a strong arab minority.

With this action Saddam had stabilized Khomeini, becuase all iranian political factions who were fighting for power after the deposal of the Shah - including the communist Tudeh party - unified to fight the aggressors.

Iran is much larger than our small neighbors Iraq or Afghanistan and also not a nice flat desert country like Iraq.
We have a population of 60 millions - most young men and women who are actually not anti-american but will become in the same moment when we are under attack.

Iran is the homecountry of the shiite islam. If these people become fanatics then there is a real problem in the region.

If there is no invasion - but only missile attacks - the Mullahs will make a party. Because then their regime has been stabilized for decades and the damage done to installations could be repaired or replaced easily. Just because there are many countries in the world who will sell everthing to Iran if they just get enough money.

And there is also no iranian opposition outside Iran, which is accepted by the iranian people.

The Royalist are telling nice stories and dreaming about reinstalling the Pahlavi-dynasty. But fact is that the Shah and his terror hasnt been forgotten.

The so called democrats with this creature Radjavi are nothing else than traitors and hated by iranians. Their terrorist-fighters were fighting against Iran during the Iran-Iraq-War side by side with arabs.

The most tragic aspect is, that it is ignored that the iranians of today are not anti-american.

The mullah-propaganda tried to manipulate the iranians by showing the pictures from Iraq day by day. But even the shocking pictures from US-prisons in Iraq where iraquis were forced by US-soldiers to perform homosexual perversities havent had the results the mullahs hoped: The vast majority of the iranians still remain neutral.

An attack against Iran would change this completely.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 03:22:25 AM by babek- »

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Iran
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2005, 03:22:47 AM »
Yep babek...

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Iran
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2005, 03:24:24 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Why do you say that?

Isn't that obvious? Maybe you really should drag your bellybutton to outside and join the army.

Here:
http://www.goarmy.com/flindex.jsp

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Iran
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2005, 03:25:47 AM »
Why do you think what you think staga?

Offline Scaevola

• Copper Member
Iran
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2005, 03:41:24 AM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
kind of like the pattern of Eurotrash Ameri-haters....

:rolleyes:

My My we are sensitive aren't we.

I have nothing against Americans and the world would probably be a worse place to live if it wasn't for "Pax Americana".

I don't believe I  pointed the finger at any specific country in my last post (the quote just happened to be about the white house) and the U.K. government also went to war on the pretext of WMD.

It's just if governments want to go to war on suspect intel then they should forget the intel and just come out and say we wanna their kick butts.

Please insert name calling below[/U]

All in all though I would rather be "Eurotrash" than "redneck/trailer park-trash".
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 01:20:53 PM by Scaevola »

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Iran
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2005, 03:56:24 AM »
Why do I say this?
Because I think the only ones who would WANT to go to war are the ones that usualy stay back home, sitting on their arses while others get the killing done and get killed.

It's Oh so easy to say "lets go to war".

That goes for Steve as well.
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Iran
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2005, 03:59:47 AM »
Gee saw, you are very eager with what you put into quotes...

So again, I ask, why do you say that?