Author Topic: New Plane Sounds  (Read 4622 times)

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
New Plane Sounds
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2000, 09:35:00 AM »
Thanks Lephturn! I was flopping all over the skies last night.

--Westy

TT

New Plane Sounds
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2000, 11:01:00 AM »
 Great work. Thanks for sharing AK.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
New Plane Sounds
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »
>Thanks Lephturn! I was flopping all over >the skies last night.

hehhe.  It was just the oppisite for me.  I had originally changed the stall sound to not even a buzzer but a low rumbling, buffetting sound or air turbulence.  But I found that I was not noticing the onset of stall until I was too deep in.  I found for me I like it loud and annoying so I can hear RIGHT as I start entering that zone.  But to each their own.  When I do the next one when new vehicles come out I might just make 5-6 different stall warning and let people choose which.

Which raises a question I've always had.  Which is you optimal lift/turn zone.  Right before the stall sound starts;at the begining of the stall sound but not too deep; or at the peak of the stall sound right before departure?

And now that I'm done pestering HTC with my sound antics,  I'm ready for the terrain editor. :>

Regards,
Wab

[This message has been edited by AKWabbit (edited 02-16-2000).]
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

214CaveJ

New Plane Sounds
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2000, 05:26:00 PM »
Hey Wab
I'm finally getting around to downloading and trying out your sounds.  I've already got a suggestion though.  Create a folder w/ the plane name on the root of your harddrive, copy the wavs there, then create the zip file from there.  Then have your readme tell people to extract to thier AcesHigh\sounds folder using folder names to create the proper folder for the aircraft.

Not everyone installs to the default location =)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
New Plane Sounds
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2000, 06:14:00 PM »
You're right Cave.  Thats why I created the self-extracting setup program that lets you browse to your base Aces High directory where ever that is.

You must have grabbed the indvidual zips off my site not the installer.  HTC (and Dogfighter.com)is now hosting the installer that should do what you want.

Read this first:

README

And heres the installer...

INSTALLER  

or

DOGFIGHTER.COM

But you're right, people need to be able to browse to their installation.

Regards,
Wab

BTW,  I've deleted everything off my site so people will have to get the right one from now on.  Thanks for making remember to do that.

[This message has been edited by AKWabbit (edited 02-16-2000).]
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
New Plane Sounds
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2000, 07:18:00 AM »
Wabbit,

I find that how deep in the stall horn kinda depends, but definately in the horn a small amount I find.  Basically if you do some testing offline you can work this out.  Just get down on the deck and get some circles going at stall speed.  You can watch your nose move as you increase the stall horn, and you will notice that before you stall, the plane will usually mush and lose turn performance.  Be sure to test this by timing 360 degree turns with varying amounts of stall horn wailing so you get a feel for the right amount of stall.  Also, remember that this only counts at low speed and in sustained turning.  You can pull harder for a short period of time if your speed is higher or you only need to turn 30 degrees.  Use that to get the kill.  

------------------
Lephturn
The Flying Pigs
Visit Lephturn's Aerodrome for AH news, resources, and training data.
 http://users.andara.com/~sconrad/

Offline blur

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
New Plane Sounds
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2000, 10:11:00 AM »
The spitfire sounds like a real snarling beast. Nice job!