Author Topic: Crime Drops 99%!  (Read 2108 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Crime Drops 99%!
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2005, 02:04:39 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
You would have to assume  
Yep - that's what I thought.

Mr. Toad! You're back!
Not to mention combustibles like gasoline and kerosene. Then licensing for users of these items.
Then we have to do what OR and NJ have done, and ban people from pumping their own gas. :aok

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Crime Drops 99%!
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2005, 08:41:44 AM »
beet... if say... all black people or all white people used only guns to commit murder or never used em... I am sure that would be called out... what the study shows is that 55% of homicides are commited with firearms.   Are you saying that some races probly don't follow the 66% rule?   My guess is that if anything... the minorities use firearms a little more often but not enough to matter.

But... what is the overall homicide rate in say canada?  

lazs

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Crime Drops 99%!
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2005, 09:12:38 AM »
I'm sure glad I'm white and not a crimminal.

:rolleyes:

Where is the frigging lock when racism rears it's ugly head?

Oh yea...it's only locked when some white guy gets shot, by a white guy, and some flipping "LIBERAL" comments on the fact that it would have been a "bling bling" ganster rant-fest had it been a rapper being shot by another rapper.

My mistake...sorry.

:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 09:34:09 AM by Curval »
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Crime Drops 99%!
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2005, 09:51:40 AM »
Curv, help me out... what do you find offensive in this thread?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Crime Drops 99%!
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2005, 11:16:55 AM »
beet... if say... all black people or all white people used only guns to commit murder or never used em... I am sure that would be called out... what the study shows is that 55% of homicides are commited with firearms.   Are you saying that some races probly don't follow the 66% rule?   My guess is that if anything... the minorities use firearms a little more often but not enough to matter.
I'm quoting the FBI sources. For 2003, the last year for which fully compiled stats are available, it is stated that there were 14,408 homicides, of which 9,638 were committed with firearms. Of those 9,638 homicides, a handgun was used in 7,701 cases. So the percentage of firearms homicides is much higher than 55% - more like 67%. These stats are available in the homicide by weapon type .XLS spreadsheet.  What's this 66% rule you spoke of?

In another FBI spreadsheet, murders are analysed by age/race/sex of offender. Interestingly, the number of offenders far exceeds the number of victims, so I can only male-donkey-ume that in many homicides, several people are convicted of the same crime.

Of the 16,043 offenders, 5132 were known to be white. I suspect that it is this figure that you focus on when assessing the number of homicides by white offenders. However, the race of 4,874 of the offenders (more than 30%) is listed as "unknown". What I am saying, and what Nashwan has said in the past, is that it's highly unlikely that all of those 4,874 unknowns are black, or white. By extrapolation, we could guess that about 2,400 are blacks, and about the same are white, but this male-donkey-umption is based only on the ethnic distribution of known offenders. So your white homicide crime assessment needs to take account of this, in which case the number of white offenders far exceeds 5132 and is probably closer to 7,500.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Crime Drops 99%!
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2005, 11:43:00 AM »
Then we have to do what OR and NJ have done, and ban people from pumping their own gas.

Bet if you go to the neighborhoods where REALLY rich people live, bet they wouldnt even know how to turn the pump on.

Their so rich, even the butlers have their own butlers
(Jeeves and #2 jeeves)

Jeeves in a doctor evil voice - "Number 2,  get me the keys to the gas powered machine that moves people."

Number 2 - "you mean the automobile?"

Jeeves - "Yes the (doing quotation marks with fingers) "auto-mobile."

:rofl
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
Crime Drops 99%!
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2005, 01:12:37 PM »
white middle class people commit homicides with guns too but... It is at a rate that would be about that of canada say.  around 1.5-2 per 100,000.   depending on how you read the stats.

none of this says that if those people didn't have guns they wouldn't still commit a homicide.

nashwan has been caught being "selective" in his facts and unable to explain some of the inconsitancies too.

lazs

White Middle Class people don't commit homicide, it's "involuntary assisted suicide," or "post-natal abortion."

get it right :rolleyes:

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Crime Drops 99%!
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2005, 01:14:07 PM »
Originally posted by Meatwad
Bet if you go to the neighborhoods where REALLY rich people live, bet they wouldnt even know how to turn the pump on.

Their so rich, even the butlers have their own butlers
(Jeeves and #2 jeeves)

Jeeves in a doctor evil voice - "Number 2,  get me the keys to the gas powered machine that moves people."

Number 2 - "you mean the automobile?"

Jeeves - "Yes the (doing quotation marks with fingers) "auto-mobile."

this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Crime Drops 99%!
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2005, 02:00:57 PM »
This article might help on the statistics for crime by race.

Recently it's been found by the national census buerau that hispanics in america have been marking themselves as white/caucasian or "other". So the numbers there are quite scewed.

http://www.amren.com/997issue/997issue.html
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Crime Drops 99%!
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2005, 02:31:59 PM »
beet... the 55% was a typo.. if you read down I use the correct 66% number later.

so far as white on black violent crime... there just isn't much.  It allmost all black on black or black on white.  My guess is that because of that most of the unsolved murders are minority on minority or minority on white.   the fact that less effort is used on the murder of a black pimp or druggie than say... scott peterson to solve the crime... most of the unsolved crimes are minority.

curval is ever vigilant for any sign of percieved racism so that he can prove that he is a good liberal.... sometimes he jumps in before taking in what is being said so that he can be the first to jump on the anti racist good white guy bandwagon.  

lazs

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
Crime Drops 99%!
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2005, 04:01:41 PM »
bustr, you really should check the editorial stance of that publication you just linked to.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Crime Drops 99%!
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2005, 04:27:05 PM »
"It most certainly does break offenders down by race. White, black.. other minorities... unknown. It gives the total murders and the percent committed by firearms..Since most of the crime and murder takes place in minority controlled areas it is pretty safe to assume that most of the offenders are minority. even at the rate of the known ones... Whites would be less than half the unknown. The majority of murders that are not investigated much are probly commited by minorities against minorities."

Explain then why everyone should arm themselves?

I'm not a minority.

Or is it that I just need "protection" from the dreaded minorities...you know..in case they venture across "the tracks".

No..wait...this is where the argument turns to "guns are fun".  Silly me.

It's quite amusing being referred to as a liberal.  On other boards I am considered a card carrying Nazi.  Just like you do with your stats lazs...you try and pigeon hole people.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Crime Drops 99%!
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2005, 04:44:23 PM »
I like Limbaugh's editorial stance also Nashwan:)
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
Crime Drops 99%!
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2005, 04:53:40 PM »
Each to their own. I thought perhaps you were unaware of the racist basis of the publication, but if that's what you're looking for.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Crime Drops 99%!
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2005, 05:30:08 PM »
And by placing crime statistics in 2 columns called white/black we are only describing the color of the paper used for the report? Or the FBI should makes it's reports only by numbers of crimes per human in the areas controlled by the United States? I don't know, I'm white and my 2 neices and 1 nephew have a balck father and my 3 grand neices have 3 separate black fathers. And I was born in africa but am an american citizen.

Nashwan you got a point?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing