Author Topic: Game running too fast?  (Read 439 times)

Offline Frazzy

• Zinc Member
Game running too fast?
« on: February 22, 2005, 11:36:33 PM »
As soon as I got the new patch downloaded and went into a couple of different rooms, it seems like things go way too fast, like literally double speed.  Anybody else notice this?

Takes like 2 seconds to take off and landing is literally a blur.  It just seems so unrealistic now.

Offline Kaz

• Silver Member
Game running too fast?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 11:49:55 PM »
Share some of that stuff you're taking :D

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Game running too fast?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 09:41:29 AM »
ill take a 8th please:aok
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
Game running too fast?
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 11:46:20 AM »
i had that happen in h2h once, it was really wierd, i thought i was tripping out myself lo l, no one believed me, we need to start a support group frazzy. I think it has something to do with the server, i logged out after i played around with the fast forward, and reloged back in and it was still there, the cool thing is, everyone else moves slow, so its kinda like the matrix. i think its limited to h2h , fire wall maybe? i have no idea.

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
Game running too fast?
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 12:52:44 PM »
I've had something similar to this happen to me a few times over the last 4 months or so. It's happened 3 - 4 times in the last week or so also. I sometimes have issues with my connection, and know what "normal" warping feels like when I play. When I'm warping, it just looks like everyone else is warping around me, but I seem to be flying normally. I just re-log and it seems to fix itself usually.
But, this other event is different. The first time it happened, i was in auto-climb, and just sittin' back watching, and talking on vox. I was roughly 2k AGL, at about 180 MPH. All of a sudden, my plane started to rapidly, but smoothly accelerate. The dials started spinning around rapidly, but still seemed to be reading what I would assume was accurately. I'd say I was moving at about 1500MPH, still in a climb. In maybe 5 seconds I was at like 50,000 feet AGL. That time I lost Host Connect, and when I came back in, all was fine. Vox still worked. Several times last week I had it happen to me while flying/fighting. When it happens then, I speed way up, like over 1000 MPH, and the controls get so sensitive I lose control, and auger. It just turns into a massive over-control fest in roll, and I wobble in left/right rolls until I hit the ground. No compression of control surfaces like I'd expect at that speed though, and the wind noise stays the same.  Vox still functions normally here too, it seems. I don't lose Host Connection in these instances, but I re-log anyway, so it hopefully won't happen again.
The last time it happened, I was in auto-level omw to an enemy base to furball. Smooth rapid acceleration to like 1500 MPH, alt stayed the same, flew right past all the friendlies, and in about 2 seconds I moved more than a sector. Then it went away, and I flew normally again. But I was still like a sector further ahead then I should have been. The funny thing is, I can still see/hear everyone around me, and they seem to be flying normally, not disappearing or warping like they do when I get glitches in my connect. Usually I lose vox when I get those glitches too, if only for a few seconds.
I've been chalking them up to my dial-up connection, and quitting the game to restart my connection, hoping to get it back to normal.
My internet dial-up always shows as between 48.6, and 50.2 on a 56k modem. My ping time when I log in says 175 to 235 normally.
When I bring up net status on the clipboard, the top line is just a squiggly line right in the middle of the center line, less than 1/32 inch tall, with really no hitches in it. The bottom line is about 1/4 inch tall, made up of vertical up/down slashes, and stays that way. I've been assuming that this is a good connection.
When I get glitches the line on the top jumps all over the place, bottoming out on the top and bottom, and is bad like this for 15-20 seconds, seems like. This is when I lose the TCP/UDP thing, but everything stabilizes itself after that, with no loss of Host Connect. I get this glitch every single time I play within 5 - 10 minutes of logging on, usually as I fly toward the nearest fight.
I have no access to high speed internet where I live, and likely won't for several years. I could get satelite internet, but they want $600 for install, and $60 a month after that. That ain't happenin'.
This is not a complaint, just relating the problem as I've experienced it. Like I said, I think it has something to do with my connect.
This weekend, my connect was terrible, and I kept getting booted from the MA. My Net Status was making regular spikes like a heart-monitor, and I chalked it up to bad internet, and was quite irked. I had the speed-up thing happen several times. I ended up updating my Spyware detecter, and found another spy in my system. I deleted it, and my connect went back to normal, with no more speed-ups yet. It very likely could have been that.
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Game running too fast?
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 01:32:23 PM »
mtnman bud never knew you were in wisco, or totally forgot LOL

anyway, the net stat thing, if you search the tech forums here you'll find a regular saw tooth at regular intervals is generally spyware. i am no expert on removing it all, i know it is a pain.

im not saying what you have is spyware, but it sounds like a slight possibility.

what would be interesting, is if for some reason you do, and for some reason frazzy has the same spyware, it might be effecting the game in a certain way. who knows i might be talking out of my but here LOL i know nothing about how a game runs, but the thought just popped into my head.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
Game running too fast?
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 01:46:04 PM »
I saw that same post about the saw tooth net status thing, and that is what prompted my to look into updating my spyware detecter. Removed the spyware--removed the saw tooth problem, and the disco issue. I'm still not positive it was responsible for the speed-up thingy though. The saw tooth issue was only a problem for 2 days, while the other problem has been sporadically happening for much longer. However it has not repeated itself since I removed the spyware, so I don't know, either, hehe. My computer knowledge is really limited to mostly playing AH, and email, so who knows! Thanks for your input though! If I hadn't tripped across that info myself, you'd definately have pointed me in the right direction...
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline Frazzy

• Zinc Member
Game running too fast?
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 04:19:08 PM »
Well, I try to keep track of the spyware stuff.  And, after rebooting the computer several times and getting into the game several times things have settled down.

I didnt notice anybody lagging and I didnt get disconnected.  Guages all showed normal, but I was moving like somebody said.. like 1000 mph.  Anyway, it had never happened before and while I was in that room another person or two was complaining about the fast speed of things too.  

Well, Eilif, sure glad you chimed in, as I was about ready to see what was in my cigars I smoke while doing battle.:cool:

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Game running too fast?
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 04:48:43 PM »
This is usually caused by AntiVirus programs trying to auto-update while in-game, but usually only lasts one session.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.