Author Topic: Large Map SUGGESTION  (Read 559 times)

Offline 6GunUSMC

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.fasteasynet.com
Large Map SUGGESTION
« on: February 23, 2005, 07:36:03 PM »
As the topic states... this is a SUGGESTION - On large maps can we lighten up the fuel burn multiplier?  2X is too harsh on some planes in thet environment.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Large Map SUGGESTION
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 07:48:19 PM »
Originally posted by 6GunUSMC
As the topic states... this is a SUGGESTION - On large maps can we lighten up the fuel burn multiplier?  2X is too harsh on some planes in thet environment.

Get to cruising alt and reduce your RPMS while in OTW to your target area and you can lengthen your range considerably

Jist gotta remember to readjust the RPMS when going into action
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline 6GunUSMC

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.fasteasynet.com
Large Map SUGGESTION
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 08:00:37 PM »
I think everyone knows how to do that.  This is a suggestion to make gameplay on large maps a big better.  Some A/C are hit harder than others by the FBM, I think lightening it up on larger maps may help.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Large Map SUGGESTION
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 08:14:37 PM »
Some A/C are hit harder than others by the FBM, I think lightening it up on larger maps may help.

Agree with you 6GunUSMC, though I suspect the HT will argue that most of the engagements happen within closer context than the small maps. Still, it wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

DmdMax

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Large Map SUGGESTION
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 12:38:12 AM »
I think everyone knows how to do that.  This is a suggestion to make gameplay on large maps a big better.  Some A/C are hit harder than others by the FBM, I think lightening it up on larger maps may help.

You would be amazed at the things folks dont know.

I still come across veterans of the game that dont know you can right click on the map to view strat at a feild while in flight.
Or that there are feild maps.

LOL I bet more then one person will have learned about that from that post
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Starbird

• Copper Member
Large Map SUGGESTION
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2005, 12:43:18 AM »
right click doesn't work for me in flight. only while in the tower.

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2005, 02:32:26 AM »
Uterus is a small map. FesterMA is a big map. The distances to fights on FesterMA are shorter than that of Uterus. In conclusion, your point is moot. Throttle back or take a drop tank ya ninny!
Army of Muppets

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Large Map SUGGESTION
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2005, 06:12:13 AM »
Starbird, you might have it mapped (and thereby reserved) to freelook in flight.
Flip a coin..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Large Map SUGGESTION
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2005, 06:29:50 AM »
Or that there are feild maps.

their are maps!??

kidding:rofl
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Large Map SUGGESTION
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2005, 06:47:40 AM »
You are right... the fuel multiplyer hurts some planes. I would really like to see lower fuel multiplier and instead perk costs on some planes as well as a take off penalty for death.
Give
4 mins death
3 mins capture
2 mins bail
1 mins ditch

This would make dieing a bit more immersive, as well as giving some value to gentelmen behavior as of letting a hurt pilot ditch/rtb.

It could also reduce the vulch insanity. if a field is capped with enemy fighters just dont take off but up from another field.
I always find it strange that when you fight close to an enemy base you have to shoot down the same pilot 2 or 3 times... makes it unrealistic and forces the brute force methods to take bases with people reupping.

Downside is that new players get shot down a lot and might get desperate... maybe include some newbie bonus... first 100 hours flying no penalty or so.

Climb to a historic combat altitude of 22k from sea lvl and there is not much fuel left. For the historic flying it would add to have longer range. Also high patrols and missions that include long distance flying could be fun.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Large Map SUGGESTION
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2005, 08:14:45 AM »
Originally posted by Schutt
You are right... the fuel multiplyer hurts some planes. I would really like to see lower fuel multiplier and instead perk costs on some planes as well as a take off penalty for death.
Give
4 mins death
3 mins capture
2 mins bail
1 mins ditch

This would make dieing a bit more immersive, as well as giving some value to gentelmen behavior as of letting a hurt pilot ditch/rtb.

It could also reduce the vulch insanity. if a field is capped with enemy fighters just dont take off but up from another field.
I always find it strange that when you fight close to an enemy base you have to shoot down the same pilot 2 or 3 times... makes it unrealistic and forces the brute force methods to take bases with people reupping.

Downside is that new players get shot down a lot and might get desperate... maybe include some newbie bonus... first 100 hours flying no penalty or so.

Climb to a historic combat altitude of 22k from sea lvl and there is not much fuel left. For the historic flying it would add to have longer range. Also high patrols and missions that include long distance flying could be fun.

The only thing that this idea would accomplish ... put HTC out of business.

People go balistic when they can't fly their favorite ride because of the ENY ... can you imagine the explosion if they are grounded for 4 minutes.

Everytime someone comes up with an idea to add to the "realism" of AH have got to take into consideration what it means to the bottom line at HTC.

Make me sit in the tower for 4 minutes and I will cancel my subscription in a heart beat.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2005, 08:20:45 AM »

I don't get it .. I can take a P-38, P-47, F6-F, P-51, or an F4-U with 75% fuel and have more than enuff fuel to do what has to be done.

Where in hells bells are you flying or is it that you want to be able to take 50% fuel so you are light and nimble for dogfighting yet want to fly 3 or for sectors to find your fights.

You ask for a change in the FBM but give no reasons or examples of why ... no food for thought.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Large Map SUGGESTION
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2005, 08:31:15 AM »
hehe :) it's not like you don't know the answer Slap :D

I don't really want to rehash the argument I used in the past there is a search function in this BBS but just for the test take a Yak/Typhoon.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Large Map SUGGESTION
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2005, 09:08:56 AM »
Well, real question so behave yourselfs :D

What does having it at 2 acomplish (other than limiting flying time in a . . .never mind) and why was it changed to begin with?  I think it got changed when fuel could not be killed anymore but I could be wrong.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Large Map SUGGESTION
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2005, 09:21:04 AM »
It gives the abilities to the planes that had them. And it gives detriments to planes had short range.

In the opening statement the complaint is that the FBM hurts some planes more than others.

What realy is happening is the planes that are impacted most, are now brought closer to how there short range impacted the real plane. We fly in a very condensed area for game play purposes. I do not belive anyone realy wan'ts to fly real distances to find a fight. Well with out changing fuel burn rate along with that slcaled terrain. You have sudenly taken some planes short commings away.

HiTech