Author Topic: Looks like AH changed web page  (Read 1216 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Looks like AH changed web page
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2005, 01:12:22 PM »
ostis/tanks loosing turrets to 1 pass from all planes

I call  BS.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2005, 01:23:19 PM »
I wish I could find one of these magical mystical ostis turret killin 1 shot wonder planes. I'm lucky if I unload the whole clip and get away with an oil leak while the ostis drives away...:)
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2005, 01:33:28 PM »
Originally posted by SCDR
An intelligent answer, or is that asking for too much?:D

Some of the replies are intelligent, the others .... you figure it out.

Skuzzy you can delete this thread or lock it out. I no longer care.

SCDR

Not allowed.  You stuck your neck out, now we get to make fun of you endlessly.  Your statement, "Some of the replies are intelligent, the others .... you figure it out.", is true of every thread on this BBS.  

Enjoy!  :p

Offline EN4CER

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2005, 02:32:59 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
IMHO 99% of the player base here came to fly. I could be wrong though.

Looks like I'm a 1%er.

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2005, 03:06:53 PM »
I feel your pain SCDR
Bro

:p

Offline SCDR

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2005, 03:13:02 PM »
Originally posted by StarOfAfrica2
Not allowed.  You stuck your neck out, now we get to make fun of you endlessly.  Your statement, "Some of the replies are intelligent, the others .... you figure it out.", is true of every thread on this BBS.  

Enjoy!  :p

:rofl  Thanks for making me laugh. I needed that.

HT you have a problem of calling BS whenever anyone makes a broad statement like I did. Ok so it seems to happen to me alot.
Does that make it BS? I guess in your mind it does. Your sim.

:rofl I got better replies from the players.:aok

SCDR

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2005, 03:26:38 PM »
Originally posted by SCDR

HT you have a problem of calling BS whenever anyone makes a broad statement like I did.  

You forgot a word: Unsubstantiated

I don't know if it's true or not, but didn't see anything to indicate that it was.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2005, 03:34:14 PM »
GV seem much more resistant to gunfire since patch, And I can't remember the last time i killed a tank or osti turret with a rocket come to think of it......they just bounce off. :(

I love havin the GV battle to turn to when the terrain supports it.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2005, 03:46:24 PM »
Originally posted by GooseAW
And I can't remember the last time i killed a tank or osti turret with a rocket come to think of it......they just bounce off. :(

It's funny, I stopped taking rockets and bombs up in the Il-2, since I wasn't nearly as effective with them as I was the VYa-23s :)

-Sik

Offline Aubrey

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2005, 04:21:40 PM »
Originally posted by TexMurphy
Its not a sub... Its Aubreys "Sporty FM2" trying to out climb a G10.... ;)

The FM2 is sporty you have to admit that. :D

It was a 202 0r 205 I was trying to outclimb. after I landed errrr smashed into the ground I read about them. No more of trying to out climb them for me anymore.

As to the subject

I like everything you can do in this game.  If it is a furball I furball, If Wonder and the boys need help on the ground I help, If running supplies is needed I do that.  It is quite exciting to fly a goon into a field that is being vulched and drop supplies. Bombing runs are exciting esp on long runs with planes whipping around you. It is all good I enjoy it all. Where else can you do this all in a game and know it is a close representation to what the actual equipment did?

I guess If a plane takes out the turret of a tiger in one pass well then it does. Nothing is perfect and if you expect this game to be  you are sure to be disapointed.  

I will say I think they have modeled ballistics very very well in this game. I agree people  think they know what reality is but I am of the opinion that reality is what they want it to be not what it is. If something is 'not right"  to you.  adapt and overcome.

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2005, 04:41:01 PM »
Originally posted by Sikboy
It's funny, I stopped taking rockets and bombs up in the Il-2, since I wasn't nearly as effective with them as I was the VYa-23s :)

-Sik

This is a fact that happens all the time. I should know, getting your turret knocked out is a bit frustrating but the Ostwind doesn't have a canopy/hatch. It's an open top design and the gun crew is very vunerable to all calibur of weapons. Not complaining, it comes with the territory.

I realize that HTC wants this to be a WWII based flight/combat sim, and that is fine by me. If they want to add every aircraft ever to see the light of day, be my guest. I don't fly but rarely, so it doesn't make any difference at my end.
I guess the only small complaint I have is, why do so many get all up in arms about a GV that I would like to see added to the game when that's what some of us enjoy? As if it takes away from the 50 plus plane choices you already have?
There has been lists a mile long in these forums for "planes that need to be added"
Seems no matter what planes are considered or not, the community still whines and moans about "perk" this and "perk" that and thats a "dweeb" plane and on & on, It's like a no-win.
The amount of planes and choices compared to GV's is stagering. There is really only a small number of actually useful GV's in AH anyways. When is the last time you saw a 5 LVT's, 2 M16's and an M8 attack or defend a base?

Seems the community and HTC needs to deceide what type of game/sim they would like to have. If it is going to be a WWII based flight sim, then it should be just that. You would of course have to take away all the puffy ack, SB's, field guns, GV's and the like. Then everyone could just fly A/C and dogfight 24/7
On the other hand, if it is to be a WWII combat sim, then by all means have tons of planes, GV's, gun platforms, artillery, cities/villages and towns. Roadways and railroads, supply ships and command centers. Something for everyone!

Just a thought

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2005, 05:02:35 PM »
Originally posted by MOIL

Seems the community and HTC needs to deceide what type of game/sim they would like to have. If it is going to be a WWII based flight sim, then it should be just that. You would of course have to take away all the puffy ack, SB's, field guns, GV's and the like. Then everyone could just fly A/C and dogfight 24/7
On the other hand, if it is to be a WWII combat sim, then by all means have tons of planes, GV's, gun platforms, artillery, cities/villages and towns. Roadways and railroads, supply ships and command centers. Something for everyone!

Just a thought

Honestly, I really don't see it as being Either-or.

But don't get me wrong. I'm a Navy guy. I'd love to see that aspect expanded. I post now and again. On occassion I've started to draft a detailed concept to send to HTC. But in the end, I usually let it go. I know that I don't have the time and energy to put into making my request in a well thought out manner.

I suppose I could post on the BBS: "It's totally lame that HE bombs keep sinking the CA when in reality they would just bounce off!" or "Why don't we have the Yamato!! WE NEED IT!!!" or even "you call that a damage model?" But I don't.

Instead I volunteered to become a events Campaing Manager, and worked on incorporating Naval Aspects into our Sepcial Events. Sure, I still want a hi-fidelity damage model for ships. Sure I still want more ships added. But I still recognise that this is primarily a flight sim.

-Sik

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2005, 06:34:49 PM »
I got one question..  where is the nudie bar they advertize in the commercial?....   plane bombers tanks ships guns.  bah!!  who cares?...  I want the nudie bar!!  

I log on and hear all about these, so called  "HO'ers" I never see theses women they call "HO's"   Then! on top of that!  I get shot down by these plane flying people when im crusing the area looking for the  nudie bar!!!      stop it!!  I needz to find it!!

thank you for your time!  :P

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2005, 09:34:26 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
You mean there are tanks in this flight sim?

Yeah and they make fun targets! :)

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2005, 09:35:40 PM »
Originally posted by Sikboy
Honestly, I really don't see it as being Either-or.

But don't get me wrong. I'm a Navy guy. I'd love to see that aspect expanded. I post now and again. On occassion I've started to draft a detailed concept to send to HTC. But in the end, I usually let it go. I know that I don't have the time and energy to put into making my request in a well thought out manner.

I suppose I could post on the BBS: "It's totally lame that HE bombs keep sinking the CA when in reality they would just bounce off!" or "Why don't we have the Yamato!! WE NEED IT!!!" or even "you call that a damage model?" But I don't.

Instead I volunteered to become a events Campaing Manager, and worked on incorporating Naval Aspects into our Sepcial Events. Sure, I still want a hi-fidelity damage model for ships. Sure I still want more ships added. But I still recognise that this is primarily a flight sim.

-Sik

Those are all great ideas, wouldn't mind seeing a few of those ships make it to the seas.