Author Topic: Vancouver Tries Free Heroin Program  (Read 3263 times)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Vancouver Tries Free Heroin Program
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2005, 12:14:04 AM »
Addicts are weak individuals who can't survive in a normal society without drugs. That's why they fail 90% of the time to get clean no matter how much time or money you use.

Who said anything about murder? Like... wtf?

"Addicts are weak individuals who can't survive in a normal society without drugs. "

Do you have any idea what it takes to survive as an addict?

It does not rain drugs, ya know? Drugs do not grow on trees.

Most of the addicts I know can probably kick the living 5hit out of you without breakin' a sweat.... so thank your lucky stars that you don't have the balls enough to say anything even close to resembling that to their faces.

Between you and me, , I know you wouldn't. It's better that way. All the way around.

Weak, yes... and most certainly no. You don't know anything unless/until you've walked in a pair. And don't count it out. Not even at this stage in the game. It could be your turn at bat and you don't even know it yet. Funny? Unlikely? Well, we thought so too.

When did Limbaugh become an addict, anyways? Mmm... Thirty seconds after berating them? 45? An hour?

Y'all can discuss, oh, whatever... laws and the drug problem ad infinitum... ayup. But please don't ever disparage the individual drug user without knowing him first.

Ninety-nine percent of them... when the veil falls, and it all wears off... well.... they are saints.  I mean, holy-5hit... I am blessed to know them type saints. It is an unbelievable thing to watch happen. Impossible to explain.

Do not shoot your mouth off about this. It is bound to be wildly misinformed. Do not be an ass. It is just not that loving. Contributes nothing. Is dirt-like. But if that's yer bag.. well, own it.... and realize that in doing so, you have pretty-much the same sized problem as the addicts do.

As we used to say.... "and we thought we had problems."
« Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 01:54:15 AM by Nash »

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2005, 12:20:33 AM »
It'll be interesting to see.  As far as rehabilitation, I agree with Toad; they have to want to go clean.  And if they'd rather drug themselves into an early grave, they're welcome to do it.  It's their life to screw up, and if giving 'em free drugs has a benefit to the rest of society, then give it to 'em.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2005, 12:56:59 AM »
For some of you crime fighting folks on this board....

What would an influx of about $8 Million dollars to the budget do to your ability to take down more dealers and such.

Or what would 8 million do to drug rehab and outreach programs.  I'm glad you guys don't think I posted this just to pick on Canadians cause that kinda post would have sounded alot different.  I just thaught this was a really interesting yet seemingly stupid Idea.

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2005, 01:36:27 AM »
So Gunslinger tossing 8 million dollars out to support a bunch heroin addicts is the answer?  I'm sure this 8 million dollar program is worth the cause.  

I mean just how much money is actually lost due to crimes by these individuals?  How much money is spent on the ones that do contract AIDS?  From how they make it sound, spending 8 million dollars to support a bunch of junkies will in the end out weigh the cost of the crimes and spreading of diseases these junkies inflict on the community.

Does their statistics account for how much money these junkies will have wasted because they are to doped up to work.  How many more lives will be put in jeapordy because the government made it free and legal for them to get high?  

It's bad enough we have drunks doing this crap on a daily basis but now we would prefer to add a bunch of government supported heroin addicts to the statistics?  We waste enough money on low lifes who refuse to work because the government will give them assistance.  We also waste too much money on a bunch of alcoholics who either refuse to work or waste time at work due to their habits.  I mean come on add one more group to the list?  

I've spent enough time carrying the weight of lazy arse irresponsible people like this at work.  The last thing we need to do is sponsor more irresponisble individuals like this because they lack the desire to seek help and try and break the habit.  

You can go ask the Eagle crew chief that was just rear ended no less than a week ago by some guy under the influence doing almost a 100mph what he thinks of adding heroin addicts supported by the government to the DUI list.  

If they were doing it to actually help them break their addiction then okay.  To do it just because it will supposedly lessen crime and the spread of diseases, no way.  Giving a kid candy because they won't stop crying or throwing a tantrum because they want the candy isn't the way to go.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2005, 01:40:42 AM »
Weak, yes... and most certainly no. You don't know anything unless/until you've walked in a pair. And don't count it out. Not even at this stage in the game. It could be your turn at bat and you don't even know it yet. Funny? Unlikely? Well, we thought so too.

They're weak from the head, not by physics. They're weak as individuals because they took drugs for a reason. They wanted to escape the reality and became addicts. That's weakness.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2005, 02:01:41 AM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf
They're weak from the head, not by physics. They're weak as individuals because they took drugs for a reason. They wanted to escape the reality and became addicts. That's weakness.

"Weak from the head"....

And uh, unlike them, yer real strong in the head....

Right?

You consider yourself normal? Strong in the head?

I got 10 of your co-workers that didn't even realize that you geek out nightly on a BBS that, upon knowing so, would say diferent....

Oh mister got-it-all-together.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2005, 02:04:51 AM »
All I wanna do is have some fun till the sun goes over Santa Monica boulevard

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2005, 02:10:42 AM »
I don't feel any need to comment on "weak in the head", but I can tell you with no uncertainty that I won't be doing heroin in my lifetime.  Some things are just too stupid for words.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2005, 02:15:51 AM »
"I'll try anything once... but I aint ever doing heroin."

I can give you the phone number of at least fifteen people that have heard me say this.

It's commendable SOB... it is. Really. But.....

I dunno....

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2005, 02:21:11 AM »
It ain't commendable, it's just not something I'll do.  You can speculate all ya want, but I'm not you, so your experience in this regard really isn't relevant to me.  <--- in case that comes off as condesending or something, it wasn't meant that way.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2005, 02:26:39 AM »
No..  I didn't read that as condescending at all. It's all good. And I've said, probably, at various times, just exactly what you are saying now. Most likely with even more conviction.

Uhm... well yeah.

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2005, 02:27:46 AM »
Nash it seems your defending these addicts.  I mean come on.  You are a very good example that you can break the addiction.  I don't doubt that it's probably one of the most difficult things to do if you get caught up in it.  

To sit here and defend them though is absurd considering you have actually done what so many of those claim is so impossible to do and claim they can't live without it.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2005, 02:28:35 AM »
Did you pound your fist on the table while saying it with a sour look on your puss?  'Cause I'm doing that right now.  My cat is looking at me funny.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2005, 02:29:02 AM »
I could never imagine trying heroin myself.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2005, 02:37:01 AM »
Cobra... Yeah I am defending the addicts.

Heroin, however, is pure evil. I can't even describe it. It's shrecking insidious. It not only takes away hope, it takes away hope of ever having hope. Ever, again. If that makes any sense.

I mean, for real...  it shrecking tears out your soul. It lies, and you know it lies... but you have no choice but to believe them.

I can't blame addicts. There's just no way.